Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Dyneema Synapse

Anyone who is hesitating about the Iberian CoPilot should grab it! Mine makes me very happy
    Lani and WhiteStar like this.

Rats! I am dithering on the Iberian co-pilot!! Decisions, decisions...
    Happy owner of: Black & UltraViolet Co-Pilot, Kiwi Swift, Azelea Little Swift, Azelea 3D Clear organizer Cube, Turquoise Little Swift, Turquoise Medium Cafe Bag, Plum Field Journal, Plum Large Cafe Bag, Plum Small Cafe Bag, Black Large Cafe Bag, Wasabi CQPC plus lots of travel stuff sacks, Yarn stuff sacks, organiser pouches, travel trays etc

Quote Originally Posted by kmcg View Post
    Anyone who is hesitating about the Iberian CoPilot should grab it! Mine makes me very happy
    I love a good red bag, but if the mystery new color turns out to be a fabulous blue Dyneema, that would make me even happier. Hence more dithering...which is a bit ridiculous because I already have a lovely Co-Pilot in Forest, which sees primary duty as a camera bag and occasional use as a really good combo purse/briefcase for the office (hence the desire for a second one). And the Dyneema makes the bag look less like luggage.

I want Orange, but I know that is probably the least likely colour so I should just go ahead and get the iberian dyneema co-pilot and a plum/olive/olive Imago, but I'm being perverse!!

Maybe there is a gleam of hope for ultraviolet Dyneema?

I was excited for the Dyneema version of the Synapse backpack because I'd been impressed by the impossible lightness and durability of the material as seen on some other Tom Bihn products, and in these regards it did not disappoint.

What I hadn't expected is that it'd be even easier to clean than the Cordura stuff. After I dragged it through the tidelands mud (the stickiest, muddiest mud on this planet), I cleaned it off, and it's no worse for the wear. Even the zippers and pulls cleaned up nicely.

I have a couple of TB Cordura bags which are perfectly serviceable but irreversibly stained, so I tend not to use them anymore. So far, I'm feeling more positive about Dyneema in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by briankerr View Post
    I was excited for the Dyneema version of the Synapse backpack because I'd been impressed by the impossible lightness and durability of the material as seen on some other Tom Bihn products, and in these regards it did not disappoint.

What I hadn't expected is that it'd be even easier to clean than the Cordura stuff. After I dragged it through the tidelands mud (the stickiest, muddiest mud on this planet), I cleaned it off, and it's no worse for the wear. Even the zippers and pulls cleaned up nicely.

I have a couple of TB Cordura bags which are perfectly serviceable but irreversibly stained, so I tend not to use them anymore. So far, I'm feeling more positive about Dyneema in this regard.

Could you take pictures of those TB Cordura bags?

Items perfectly servicable but irreversibly stained are a challenge for D.I.Y persons in the form of removing or hiding the stain with appliques and other nifty means of personalizing an item.

I LOVE the Dyneema Synapse so much, but my other half is currently using mine for the foreseeable future. I'm hoping I can get the Steel/Steel Dyneema version before it sells out. Darcy, any ideas as to that combination's life? I'm still upset I didn't get the Ultraviolet/Steel one before it disappeared . . .
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    I LOVE the Dyneema Synapse so much, but my other half is currently using mine for the foreseeable future. I'm hoping I can get the Steel/Steel Dyneema version before it sells out. Darcy, any ideas as to that combination's life? I'm still upset I didn't get the Ultraviolet/Steel one before it disappeared . . .
    You'll see Steel Dyneema/Steel Dyneema again... I can't say exactly when, but it will be back within the next three months.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    You'll see Steel Dyneema/Steel Dyneema again... I can't say exactly when, but it will be back within the next three months.
    In the Synapse still? I mean, that would be an excellent Co-Pilot, too, but I'm primarily concerned with the Dyneema Synapse options now.
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Any hint on whether the accounced dyneema color for Synapse will be in Sept or Oct? My b-day's towards the end of the month and I'd much rather have the weight savings from dyneema. Or can you at least hint if it's a new dyneema color or an old one? =D

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    marbenais: yes, in the Synapse.

earth5: I have banned myself from hinting any further!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    In the Synapse still? I mean, that would be an excellent Co-Pilot, too, but I'm primarily concerned with the Dyneema Synapse options now.
    @marbenais I'm surprised, because when I read your post a few days ago and went to check the Synapse product page the Steel/Steel all Dyneema Synapse showed up under the buying options with the note that it would be available to ship some time in early November. This is pretty much in line with what Darcy said, and recently repeated. That's different from the possibility of another Dyneema color for the Synapse that earth5 is asking about, though.

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    marbenais: yes, in the Synapse.

earth5: I have banned myself from hinting any further!
    Drat! Well, it was worth a try Thanks Darcy!!!!

Since there will be no more new hints, here is my interpretation of prior hints on the one (or two) upcoming Synapse options:

1. There will be at least one new all dyneema option (NOT all steel or all wasabi).
    2. There is another possible combo involving a "girly" ballistic.

My speculation for both options is that they will have wasabi interiors (steel dyneema/wasabi and azalea/wasabi).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast