Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By kschles
  • 1 Post By Darcy
  • 3 Post By kschles

Thread: Medium Cafe Bag as Camera Bag

Medium Cafe Bag as Camera Bag

I've got a micro four thirds camera (Olympus OM-D E-M5) with a bunch of lenses. Like many camera owners, I have several camera bags. Most of these are large enough to carry the camera and several lenses, along with accessories. What I was looking for, was something smaller and light if I just wanted to carry the camera with one lens attached, and maybe another small lens as well. I really dislike bags that look like camera bags.

Crumpler makes a series of camera inserts you can use with any bag. Their Haven line comes in small, medium, and large. I found the small Haven fits perfectly in a medium cafe bag:

Haven (S)

Voila: a small bag that doesn't scream "camera bag." The cafe bag's front and back pockets can be used for wallet, phone, etc; leaving the main pocket for the insert.
    Darcy and itsablur like this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Great to know. I'll jump in and ask before someone else does: do you happen to have any photos showing your camera bag set up?
    darbs likes this.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Here are a couple of quick shots (used my Ipad, so forgive the quality). This is the bag I use on weekends when I'm out and about anyway. Just dropping the insert in the bag with some equipment turns the cafe bag into a light camera bag, with enough padding for my equipment.

Name:  IMG_0103.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  264.6 KBName:  IMG_0104.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  289.7 KB

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Thanks for posting the photos!
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0