Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By thax
  • 4 Post By jmachats

Thread: Heads-up: price increases

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Heads-up: price increases

When in the course of human events... hmm, OK, this is never easy for us and not something we do lightly. As has been the case in the past, we've dragged our feet for as long as possible before raising our prices, absorbing increased materials and labor costs as long as possible. But now it's time: while the prices of some bags won't be raised at all, others, like the Empire Builder, will be raised about 5%. Last time we raised prices, you asked us for a heads-up, and that's what you're getting now: we'll be implementing the price increases sometime on Monday, July 23rd, so you have through this weekend to place an order for a bag at its current price.

One of the reasons we waited until now to increase prices is that we wanted to debut the new Wasabi Dyneema/nylon and Travel Stuff Sacks first, giving you a chance to order new bags available in Wasabi before the prices for those bags were increased.

If you have any questions about the price increases, please feel free to ask and we will do our best to answer. In the end it comes down to this: our suppliers have raised their prices, we've given our employees raises, and our rent and our cost of providing health care to employees has gone up, too.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

This a bit presumptuous of me but is there a price change list of the bags that are going up?

I completely understand, but as a Scrooge of a consumer would like to get a crack at a lower price if possible.

I second thax.

"We've given our employees raises"

I like that. Of course, as a consumer I love the lowest price possible but this is as good a reason as any for a price increase.

Thanks for the heads up Darcy. As it so happens, I was going to go on a Wasabi binge anyway this weekend... and so I did: Snake charmer, travel sack, quarter packing cube (quite possibly my most favorite accessory EVER) - all Wasabi-sized!

Now the long wait begins...but it will be well worth the wait
    Sue

Will the price of the MCB be going up? If so, can you tell me how much? I'm thinking of ordering one, but I was planning to wait a bit. However, if there'll be enough of an increase I may just go for it.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Thanks for your understanding, everyone. Yes, the price of the MCB will be going up to $65. Here's the list (note: it's always possible we could make some last minute changes to this list but we don't anticipate doing so and if we did, we would, of course, extend the time you would have to place an order at the current price)

Empire Builder

Smart Alec

Large Cafe Bag

Medium Cafe Bag

Small Cafe Bag

Brain Bag

Buzz

ID

Super Ego

Aeronaut

Imago

Ego

Q-AM Shoulder Strap

Tri-Star

Ristretto for iPad (to be the same price as the Ristretto for 11" MacBook Air and Ristretto for 13" MacBook Pro and MacBook Air)

Synapse

Citizen Canine

Travel Money Belt
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Alright, not too bad. Thank you for the heads up.

Thanks for the heads up. Order placed!! TBA syndrome activated!

Aw man! I just read this today. And I'm still waiting on swatches before I pick my SCB color. Oh well.

Thanks for the heads up - it's always good to hear that a company is giving its employees a raise, especially when it's a company you love :-) My only gripe is that it all transpired while I was out of the country and didn't know about it so I could place a pre-raised prices order! Ah well, I doubt that will have much of an impact on my desire to place an order soon.....

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0