Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By trin0042
  • 1 Post By MtnMan
  • 1 Post By trin0042
  • 1 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By dorayme

Thread: Shop bag + key strap = $$

Shop bag + key strap = $$

I'm a frequent user of the large shop bag for hauling my kids' stuff around to the pool, ice rink, etc. I don't know if the bag is suppose to be used over the shoulder, but I end up doing it anyway. The problem I have is usually one of the straps falls off and the bag kind of flops open.

Anyway, I ended up using a small key strap from one of my other TB bags to bridge the 2 key rings attachments in the shop bag together. Now the bag doesn't flop open when I don't want it to and I feel more secure about the contents in the shop bag not falling out.

Maybe this is already common knowledge, but it was definitely my "ah-ha" moment of the week.

Chris

Can you post a photo of what your new arrangement looks like?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Sure thing.
    I hope this helps!
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    SusanM likes this.

That is a great idea. Thanks for sharing and for taking pics.
    Aeronaut (crimson) with Absolute Strap, Synapse (navy), Smart Alec (black/steel/solar), Shop Bag (solar), cache for MBP, cache for iPad2, and numerous pouches and key straps.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trin0042 View Post
    I'm a frequent user of the large shop bag for hauling my kids' stuff around to the pool, ice rink, etc. I don't know if the bag is suppose to be used over the shoulder, but I end up doing it anyway. The problem I have is usually one of the straps falls off and the bag kind of flops open.

Anyway, I ended up using a small key strap from one of my other TB bags to bridge the 2 key rings attachments in the shop bag together. Now the bag doesn't flop open when I don't want it to and I feel more secure about the contents in the shop bag not falling out.
    Very clever!

You can also try this strategy for keeping the shoulder straps of the Little Swift, Swift, Shop Bags, etc. on the shoulder and prevent the bags from flopping open: tuck the outside (farthest from your neck) strap over and behind the inside (closest to your neck) strap. That's what I do.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks for sharing. I found out a new use for my shop bag today, I hope the new Dyneema is available in the Shop bag and the Large Shop bag, I can always use more colors!
    The original size is PERFECT sized to be a liner for my bicycle basket. And keystraps help to tether it into the basket and keep it from flopping down inside. Ultraviolet happens to go nicely with my Specialized Ariel Sport Disc in Eggplant, I wonder how the new Dyneema will look with it? A girl can dream.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I found out a new use for my shop bag today, I hope the new Dyneema is available in the Shop bag and the Large Shop bag, I can always use more colors!
    The original size is PERFECT sized to be a liner for my bicycle basket. And keystraps help to tether it into the basket and keep it from flopping down inside. Ultraviolet happens to go nicely with my Specialized Ariel Sport Disc in Eggplant, I wonder how the new Dyneema will look with it? A girl can dream.
    Dorayme, could you post pictures of this lovely bike setup along with your loverly self?

I have been truly impressed by your classroom/office/craft room as a very efficient way to use small spaces. It helped me with my own.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0