Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Introducing Wasabi Dyneema/nylon

Oh, that makes me sad. . . At least the steel UV option hasn't gone away. Hopefully by the spring when I will be buying mine it will still be available. I don't know what I will do if it goes away before then.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Very unlikely.
    Too bad. All wasabi synapse is probably the only big purchase left for me. I don't need anything dark strapped to my back and wasabi is the only light color in the line up. Linen would be super cool too.

What all is left in Turquoise?

I'm very much looking forward to Navy/Wasabi items. Please post when they are ready!!

Just another vote for all-Wasabi items, although I realize it's not likely! I would buy ANYTHING in this combination.

My beloved UPS man just delivered my large Wasabi shop bag about 5 minutes ago. Wow. Wow. WOW! This wasabi dyneema is AWESOME!!!! It looks even better in person than it did in the photos (and I thought it looked good in the photos!). Once again Tom Bihn and crew exceed expectations. Well done, gang. (run and hide, credit card!)

somehow, I just can't picture Navy/wasabi...

Lani! We had just made both the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag and the Tri-Star/WF Packing Cube Backpack right before the Wasabi Dyneema/nylon came in. I'd say both of those bags should be available in Wasabi by October sometime.

And moriond: Navy/Wasabi will also be appearing by around October.
    I see the Tri-Star/WF Packing Cube Backpack is already available, but the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag page is not updated to mention that Wasabi will become available "by October sometime." I've been patiently waiting to make my big Wasabi order until the Shoulder Bag is available... so as you can imagine, I'm fidgeting with anticipation!

Any update on the status of the Shoulder Bag?!?
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Oh my goodness.

It looks like Tom Bihn is now completely out of stock--AND NO LONGER LISTING IN ITS INVENTORY--the red Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. Sad news for anyone who was holding off on buying the little purse/bag/organizer in Iberian.

BUT...

Does this mean it will soon be replaced with...

Wasabi?!?!?

Ooooo!!!!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Oh my goodness.

It looks like Tom Bihn is now completely out of stock--AND NO LONGER LISTING IN ITS INVENTORY--the red Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. Sad news for anyone who was holding off on buying the little purse/bag/organizer in Iberian.

BUT...

Does this mean it will soon be replaced with...

Wasabi?!?!?

Ooooo!!!!
    There's a blog post in the works that will explain what's happening in more detail, but in short: Wasabi and Iberian were so incredibly in demand the past few months that we're already out of both fabrics. We've already ordered more of both fabrics, but it will be a couple of months before they arrive. When Wasabi and Iberian are back, the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag will be available in all four Dyneema/nylon colors (Steel, Ultraviolet, Wasabi, Iberian).

If you're planning to order anything Wasabi or Iberian and want it before January 2013... I'd recommend ordering now. Lani, let us know if there is anything we can put aside/hold for you!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks for the explanation, Darcy. Iberian and Wasabi are my two favorite dyneema colors And this gives me hope for some Navy/Iberian or Navy/Wasabi coming down the pike

"Wasabi and Iberian were so incredibly in demand these past few months that we're already out of both fabrics..." What a wonderful "problem" for you guys to have!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    "Wasabi and Iberian were so incredibly in demand these past few months that we're already out of both fabrics..." What a wonderful "problem" for you guys to have!
    Tell me about it! We have always appreciated Solar, and we know many of you were big fans of it too, so we were wondering how the switch to Wasabi would be received. I think we have our answer...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

If you're planning to order anything Wasabi or Iberian and want it before January 2013... I'd recommend ordering now. Lani, let us know if there is anything we can put aside/hold for you!
    Gasp!!!

I think that means I order what you have in stock NOW, then. Thanks for the warning!

PS: Does this mean items like the Aubergine/Wasabi Tri-Star won't be available until January rather than next month?!?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Gasp!!!

I think that means I order what you have in stock NOW, then. Thanks for the warning!

PS: Does this mean items like the Aubergine/Wasabi Tri-Star won't be available until January rather than next month?!?
    @Lani According to today's blog post and a tweet that Darcy sent 6 days ago the Tri-Star is currently in stock in all colors (however long that may last).

moriond
    Lani likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Lani According to today's blog post and a tweet that Darcy sent 6 days ago the Tri-Star is currently in stock in all colors (however long that may last).
    I just saw that! Of course I just HAD to buy one so off I went!! Didn't want to wait until they sold out, so I got some matchy-matchy wasabi items as well (the Packing Cube Backpack and the 3D organizer). Now when I get the shoulder bag, I'll be UBER matchy-matchy!
    TavaPeak and kmcg like this.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0