Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Introducing Wasabi Dyneema/nylon

Navy plus a really nice bright dyneema color pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease....

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Oh, and: there's one more new color set to debut this year. We may be able to reveal it as soon as September. Some of you who want to order a Wasabi lined Aeronaut or Tri-Star might want to wait for this new color....
    So this is a new Ballistic color? How exciting! I wonder if it's a totally new color, or a color currently existing in another fabric? Like Plum? I'm too late to wait for the new color in a Tri-Star. My new Forest/Steel TS is packed and ready for its maiden voyage
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Quote Originally Posted by cucciasv View Post
    Having two packages in the UPS system is such a palliative for the suffering of BAS!
    Should I say it?!?!?

Glad you found some bas-relief, there!!!!

Sorry, I had to pun it. You can stop groaning now.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Oy vey! I can't wait any longer to place my order! Is this new color going to be for bags other than the Tri-Star or Aeronaut?

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    . . . Oh, and: there's one more new color set to debut this year. We may be able to reveal it as soon as September. Some of you who want to order a Wasabi lined Aeronaut or Tri-Star might want to wait for this new color....

Navy 1050d ballistic nylon is now scheduled to return around late August.
    Nice! I am hoping for the western flyer roller bag in navy lined with the new dyneema colors. Any clue?

When do we see the Synapse in steel dyneema/new dyneema color combinations?

I just looked up an old post I made on May 2: "Oh, I would so love a Wasabi type Dyneema!"

This new color makes me unusually happy! I can't believe I left the forum for a couple days and missed the big reveal. Now.... just waiting for a wasabi dyneema synapse. And the navy with wasabi aeronaut would be amazing!
    Last edited by kmcg; 07-19-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    Lani likes this.

I just ordered an Olive/Steel Synapse and asked Brian if there would be an Olive/Wasabi, and he said that for now the only Synapse with Wasabi will be Black/Wasabi.

But we can keep hoping! Personally, my holiday wish is that they find a hidden stash of Plum Synapses in a box somewhere.
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    When do we see the Synapse in steel dyneema/new dyneema color combinations?
    I'd like to know this, too, but I'm guessing that since all the Synapses are currently on back order and scheduled for an August return, that we're talking about October or late September. But they might start working on these earlier, since the Synapse is a really popular seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
    Personally, my holiday wish is that they find a hidden stash of Plum Synapses in a box somewhere.
    I'm actually quite optimistic that they might make the Synapse in Plum/Wasabi. First of all, this is a pretty classic color combination. I have friends who claim that the plum/wasabi color combination (for their cafe bags) is simply the best ever. I've got the original Ristretto in plum/wasabi, and now that the Ristrettos are generally made with Ballistic Nylon, except for one Cordura combination, my main comment about the olive/cayenne (Cordura) Ristretto is that it looks fine — except, of course, it would look even better in plum/wasabi.

As you may have gathered from reading other posts, there's a strong contingent of staunchly "pro-Plum" forum members. So I think it's quite likely that a Plum version of the Synapse will be showing up again in the near future — especially with a nicely contrasting Dyneema color available.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 07-19-2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Fix typo

Plum/Steel and Plum/UV would be gorgeous as well!

My Plum/Steel LCB looks dashing next to my UV Synapse and LSB, just sayin...
    moriond likes this.

Just ordered my first piece of wasabi dyneema.
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by joiedwards View Post
    Just ordered my first piece of wasabi dyneema.
    What did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Plum/Steel and Plum/UV would be gorgeous as well!

My Plum/Steel LCB looks dashing next to my UV Synapse and LSB, just sayin...
    Agreed. Plum/steel or plum/uv would look nice, and I'd consider plum/wasabi. Was it you who got the last UV synapse a while back? I envy you!

Quote Originally Posted by pocketsize View Post
    Agreed. Plum/steel or plum/uv would look nice, and I'd consider plum/wasabi. Was it you who got the last UV synapse a while back? I envy you!
    Are you wasabi with envy??

Sorry, I could not resist.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    What did you get?
    Med travel pouch. Planning to use it for my coffee set. I will move my
    mate tea set to the steel knit bag I got. The oblong
    bottom should work better for the aeropress.
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

moriand - guess we'll have to add that to our signature lines. Member, Pro-Plum Forum

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0