Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Introducing Wasabi Dyneema/nylon

Dang, I love the wasabi interior of my SE (make stuff super easy to find) and the wasabi accent... Gonna have to find a way to get my hands on one of these accessories!
    Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Attachment 2508

Does this help?
    Darcy, what size stuff sack is this?

Nice. I love the color.
    Darcy: would it be possible to have height of each? I am comparing them to the Yarn Stuff sack sizes--which gives me a better idea than cu in and volume, I am afraid. Also: do they have an O-ring inside?!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Navy/Wasabi will also be appearing by around October.

Ahhhh - I hope that includes a Cadet! I really need a better bag for the 13" MBP and could not resist it in a Navy/Wasabi combo

sue

And it would have been so cool to have the Smart Alec with a KIWI outside, and Wasabi inside... It would have made all the others green ... LOL!

Agree with Shiva, measurements would be most helpful, and agree with Badger, Steel/Wasabi would be an amazing combination! How about a UV Synapse with Wasabi lining?
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

So pretty! I second the request for comparisons with the regular Stuff Sacks (preferably all sizes).
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

WOW! The new Wasabi is not what I anticipated (thinking a blue or orange?) and yet the wasabi is so appropriate. Stuff sacks - what a great idea! Looking forward to getting a few of the stuff sacks someday soon too.
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Smile BAS Hits Me Again and Again!

Oh-oh ... my BAS has hit again (Bihn Aquisition Syndrome)! Just ordered the large Travel Stuff Sack to hold the other three Travel Stuff Sacks I also ordered. And on Monday, I ordered my Aeronaut (Steel/Ultraviolet) ...

... I need help

Presenting with BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome):
    Aeronaut (Steel/Ultraviolet), Brain Bag (Steel), Zephyr (Cardinal), Co-Pilot (Black/Steel), Ristretto for iPad (Steel/Iberian), Snake Charmer (Crimson), Vertical Brain Cell, Horizontal Brain Cell, Travel Tray (Iberian), Yarn Stuff Sack (Solar), Shop Bag (large, Iberian), Travel Stuff Sack (1 large Steel, 1 medium Iberian, 1 small Ultraviolet, 1 extra small Wasabi), Vertical Freudian Slip, 3D Organizer Cube, Kit (Cardinal), 11 Clear Organizer Pouches, 3 Cordura Organizer Pouches, 1 Cork Organizer Pouch, 5 Dyneema Organizer Pouches, 2 Padded Organizer Pouch, 1 Wallet, 4 Aeronaut Packing Cubes, 2 Key Straps, 8 Color Straps, 2 Luggage Tags, Ultrasuede Screen Cloth (Iberian), Guardian Dual Function Light.

I need help!!

Last edited by cucciasv; 07-18-2012 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Updated my BAS section

Hello Wasabi, I think I love you!! I am defintely not a green person. Except this kind of green.

love (1,000,000)
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

It's a nice color, love the stuff sacks idea, but I'm overwhelmingly meh with this dyneema. I'll grab the ultraviolet versions.

(Having said that, the color may grow on me, so I'm not exactly against it)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cucciasv View Post
    Just ordered the large Travel Stuff Sack to hold the other three Travel Stuff Sacks I also ordered. And on Monday, I ordered my Aeronaut (Steel/Ultraviolet) ...

... I need help
    I love the understated way this was presented… with mention of the other three Travel Stuff Sacks snuck in. (What colors? Inquiring minds would like to know. This also lets us vicariously experience your buying experience.)

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I love the understated way this was presented… with mention of the other three Travel Stuff Sacks snuck in. (What colors? Inquiring minds would like to know. This also lets us vicariously experience your buying experience.)

moriond
    Hi!! Here's the thing ... I wanted a "sack-like" container from TB ... you know, something loose with no rigid panels. Kind of like, well... a sack! So, of course, about three days before the Travel Stuff Sacks were announced, I ordered a small Yarn Stuff Sack (Solar) as I felt that it may work for what I needed (not knitting). This is arriving on Monday along with my new Aeronaut (Steel/Ultraviolet).

Meanwhile, Tom and Marcy release the Travel Stuff Sacks!

Since I suffer from a terminal case of BAS, I went ahead and ordered "samples" of each size of the Travel Stuff Sacks. So ... it was a large in Steel, a medium in Iberian (my favorite accent color, BTW), a small in Ultraviolet, and an extra small in Wasabi (because, of course, I had to "sample" the new Wasabi).

I did this primarily because I suffer from BAS, but also because I just don't have a sense for the sizes of these sacks. I have to touch and handle them. Then, if I want, I can return them (paying S&H, of course). But alas, I never do return TB items because ... well, I suffer from BAS!

Maybe I will contribute an unboxing photo... these will arrive on Wednesday. Having two packages in the UPS system is such a palliative for the suffering of BAS!

By the way ... for the TB staff. It would be a big, big help to perhaps include some product photos of the non-bag items - like pouches and the Travel Stuff Sacks - posed alongside one of the travel bags or backpacks, just for scale ... or alongside something most people in the worlds are familiar with, such as the dollar bill.
    Darcy, moriond and Katy like this.

BAS?! *giggle* So I've been putting together a whole new wish list because I want to place another order soon. The whole purpose of the order is get a SCB. Yeah, my wishlist is over $150 and I haven't even put the SCB on there. This is what happens when you don't order anything for 2 months!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We're working on more photos, measurements, etc -- stay tuned.

lonestar6: the Wasabi Travel Stuff Sack is Size 2

Oh, and: there's one more new color set to debut this year. We may be able to reveal it as soon as September. Some of you who want to order a Wasabi lined Aeronaut or Tri-Star might want to wait for this new color....

Navy 1050d ballistic nylon is now scheduled to return around late August.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0