Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

How much stretch can I get?

I'm considering buying a monolith to protect my Acer Ferrari 4005. There are two sizes that I'm considering; one has a dimension that is just a tad small, while the other seems too spacious.

My laptop's dimensions: 14.3 x 10.5 x 1.4
    Size 1 : 15.25 x 10.5 x 1.3
    Size 2 : 12.0 x 14.125 x 2.25

I'd gladly take the size one over size two, but will my laptop sit comfortably in it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Looking at those dimensions I don't think it would be a problem to use the Size 1. It will be a snug fit, but it shouldn't be a wrestling match to take the computer in and out of the Monolith. Size 1 it is!

All the best!
    http://tombihn.com

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."

-Dr. Seuss

Maybe you can change the reccomendations, so that the Acer Ferrari 4005 is under the more fitting size rather than the looser and larger one.

I work at Tom Bihn

Done and done!

I agree that the size one is a decent fit for the Ferrari 4000's. I went ahead and made that change to the fitlist, so if you look up your laptop now the recommendations will be for our size 1 cases. Thanks for your feedback!!