Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Creeping TomBihn-itis?

Creeping TomBihn-itis?

How is it that my $65 order of an LCB for my other half turned into a $250 order? How come this always happens? Is it only me?

Oh Perplexa, it is not only you! My $130 Synapse cost me $218 a couple of weeks ago. It's the old, well, if I'm ordering and paying for shipping and it takes a week to get to the East Coast them maybe I should add, this, that, and everything!
    darbs likes this.
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Exactly! It is not like we can get to the store everytime there is something new, colors rotate so one better get their favorite while they lasts.

We need to support the U.S economy. Tom's genius and most important the factory doggie's requirements.

Umm, guilty!

I think (hope!) this is the case for many of us, which is why Badger's recent post (sorry, not sure how to link to the thread here but it was entitled "You guys = the bomb!") ASTOUNDED me. The willpower! The Superhuman strength! For those of you that missed it, Badger ordered...(drum roll please)...a single solitary MINI OP! Yep. And. that. was. it. Most impressive, Badger. I don't think I could do that!

Rest assured, Perplexa, I THINK that is the exception to the norm
    Last edited by Tlacltme; 06-04-2012 at 09:52 PM.

htthttp://www.tombihn.com/forums/customer-pictures-video/4860-you-guys-%3D-bomb.html Bear with me. Trying to link to the thread that I mentioned!

Fear not, you have much company. Every order I make turns into "maybe I should add a pouch or two", or "perhaps a small cafe bag in a color I don't have"!

My wife gives me the stink eye if she catches me on the TB site because she knows it will drain the bank account!

I se nothing wrong with an increased order volume on my part, as there is still even more that I wish I could purchase! Just keep chipping away at the lengthy wish list...
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    Umm, guilty!

I think (hope!) this is the case for many of us, which is why Badger's recent post (sorry, not sure how to link to the thread here but it was entitled "You guys = the bomb!") ASTOUNDED me. The willpower! The Superhuman strength! For those of you that missed it, Badger ordered...(drum roll please)...a single solitary MINI OP! Yep. And. that. was. it. Most impressive, Badger. I don't think I could do that!

Rest assured, Perplexa, I THINK that is the exception to the norm
    Well, lest I develop an undeserved reputation for austerity:

I am supposed to get a new computer for my office this summer, and I've requested a laptop. The standard Mac faculty laptop is a pretty nice 13" MBP, but I will likely pay the tech people some money out of my own pocket because I've asked for an 11" MBA instead. The reason I gave them was "I need ultra-portability." The reason I will confess to you on the forum?: I want an 11" MBA because it will be nice and light to carry in the Ristretto I want desperately.

Clearly, I am on high on the TB crack.
    jea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Clearly, I am on high on the TB crack.
    Funny, my significant other recently described my *problem* in similar terms. And now that I've christened my Smart Alec with a quick getaway this weekend, I'm already looking ahead to the next potential acquisition, a new version of the Ristretto for iPad. Just because.

Grrr... Glad to know I am not alone... Tom Bihn obsession is not friendly to my bank account :P
    Just went in to get an aeronaut PCBP and a side effect - and I threw in a Camera I/O and random pouches!!! Sigh!!!

I am an avid anti shopper. I just don't enjoy the process 99% of the time. Somehow Tom Bihn has landed solidly in that other one percent. I had not heard of the company about six weeks ago. However, in the last four weeks I have ordered a Tristar, MCB and a Zephyr along with some pouches, cubes and a wallet (falling into three separate orders). I put less effort into picking out my last car. I think the ballistic nylon is off gassing something that makes shopping for luggage addictive. I keep eyeing a co-pilot but I am holding strong for now in the hopes that a larger model will come out!

I have managed to hold off any future purchases by convincing myself I need to wait for the new Dyneema color. And because stuff doesn't come in Red.

Quote Originally Posted by F650GS View Post
    I am an avid anti shopper. I just don't enjoy the process 99% of the time. Somehow Tom Bihn has landed solidly in that other one percent. I had not heard of the company about six weeks ago. However, in the last four weeks I have ordered a Tristar, MCB and a Zephyr along with some pouches, cubes and a wallet (falling into three separate orders). I put less effort into picking out my last car. I think the ballistic nylon is off gassing something that makes shopping for luggage addictive. I keep eyeing a co-pilot but I am holding strong for now in the hopes that a larger model will come out!
    Are you me? I just made three orders in less than two months. At this rate, I am going to run out of products to buy. but I can't help it. the azalea cordura of my scb is like catnip; it satisfies all my senses and it makes me want more.

Quote Originally Posted by conversa View Post
    Are you me? I just made three orders in less than two months. At this rate, I am going to run out of products to buy. but I can't help it. the azalea cordura of my scb is like catnip; it satisfies all my senses and it makes me want more.
    Last time I checked Conversa I think I am still me : - ). I am a particular fan of black and iberian. Sadly it was not an option for the Zephyr but that did not stop me. You must be more committed to your color preference than me!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0