Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Creeping TomBihn-itis?

Quote Originally Posted by F650GS View Post
    Last time I checked Conversa I think I am still me : - ). I am a particular fan of black and iberian. Sadly it was not an option for the Zephyr but that did not stop me. You must be more committed to your color preference than me!
    Though I have only known Solar for a few weeks, F650GS, I am committed to it as an interior color. I am so sad it has been discontinued. Unless the new color is Lemon, I fear I will regret not having bought up all things Solar.

Ooh Lemon! That's a nice idea. Now I'm imagining a set of sorbet-themed Dyneema colors:
    • Lemon
    • Lime
    • Raspberry
    • Mango

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival (today!) of my first TB bag, a black co-pilot with UV interior. I have a feeling this may turn into somewhat of an obsession!

I went to order a Synapse, and an Imago somehow snuck in. And some small stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by F650GS View Post
    Last time I checked Conversa I think I am still me : - ). I am a particular fan of black and iberian.
    Me too. I'm glad there's no Black/Iberian Ristretto for iPad option or I might be too break down and order. The Steel/Iberian with black piping has be tempting me by whispering in my ear that it would play nice with my Black/Iberian Aeronaut and Synapse without being "match-matchy". I've been able to resist by telling myself I should wait and see if I get a new MacBook and downsize from a 15" to a 13" and then maybe get a larger Ristretto.
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Quote Originally Posted by snowbot View Post
    Ooh Lemon! That's a nice idea. Now I'm imagining a set of sorbet-themed Dyneema colors:
    • Lemon
    • Lime
    • Raspberry
    • Mango
    Pineapple...Kiwi...Cherry...Watermelon...this is fun!
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

I help myself by not visiting the website as much as I used to. Don't get me wrong, I love my Tom Bihn products--but I also don't spend as much money if I'm not actively engaged in the forums, blogs, etc.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TavaPeak View Post
    I went to order a Synapse, and an Imago somehow snuck in. And some small stuff.
    They do that, you know. What color Imago?

basking in the afterglow of getting to know my new 11 inch cadet, I feel strong enough to take misterN's advice. I will stay away... at least until the new dyneema comes in!

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    They do that, you know. What color Imago?
    A gorgeous navy/cork/wasabi Imago. The Bihn folks modded the standard strap onto clips for me, so I can switch out the strap with my Absolute.

The Synapse and Imago came with some friends, like a second wallet and some Dyneema organizer pouches. Which, come to think of it, might have been more accurately named Tribbles. Every time I turn my back, more appear.

The Bihn folks modded the standard strap onto clips for me, so I can switch out the strap with my Absolute.
    Wow, didn't know they'd do that. That's one design choice I never like on the Imago, not being able to remove the strap. It will be interesting to see how you like it, once you've used it a bit.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    My Imago, well my son's Imago, was purchased with the Absolute strap, and attachment hardware. That means that it has the capability to have removable straps. It is now sporting a simple strap, but it can be changed if I desire.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scattered View Post
    Wow, didn't know they'd do that. That's one design choice I never like on the Imago, not being able to remove the strap. It will be interesting to see how you like it, once you've used it a bit.
    That was only true of the first generation Imago that was introduced in mid-2006. At least by May 2007 you had the option to switch to either a Quick-Adjust Messenger strap or an Absolute Strap. Of course, if you bought one of the models that was produced earlier, it wouldn't have this feature. My Hunter/Cork/Sage Imago was purchased in 2007 with the Q-AM strap, and I can switch this strap.

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by Scattered View Post
    I don't carry heavy stuff in my Imago (that's what the Zephyr is for). So I wish the clips were a little smaller, not so macho. :-) But I love the Igago. The colors are terrific. What is it about Wasabi? It makes everything look great.

Volunteer Moderator
    A gorgeous navy/cork/wasabi Imago. .
    The colors are terrific. What is it about Wasabi? It makes everything look great.
    @TavaPeak gotta say that's a great Imago color combination. Agree that Wasabi works really well as an interior color, and I really like the cork flaps.

moriond

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0