Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By rabergnc
  • 1 Post By backpack

Thread: Breve?

Question Breve?

Did I miss an announcement? I can't find the Breve anywhere on the TB website. Was it discontinued?

Luckily I got one in navy for Christmas. I think it makes an awesome iPad case and would be surprised if it was no longer offered.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by benpolzin View Post
    Did I miss an announcement? I can't find the Breve anywhere on the TB website. Was it discontinued?

Luckily I got one in navy for Christmas. I think it makes an awesome iPad case and would be surprised if it was no longer offered.
    I also just noticed today that the link to the Breve seems to have vanished from the product pages, although it was active a few days ago. Here are my comments from the end of another post (about the Swift in Cork) posted earlier today:
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I hope that Tom Bihn does more with Ultrasuede® and Cork. The main advantage of the present Kindle and Nook pouches in cork over using the medium organizer pouches in cork is that the cork is on both sides of the pouch. I think the Cork Breve for the iPad didn't get much attention because of its late and unheralded arrival (e.g., a few months after I bought one in Cardinal Dyneema). And, I just noticed that the Breve link seems to have disappeared from the product pages -- is this permanent, or simply waiting for the new ballistic nylon stock to come in?
    Darcy posted earlier today that they were waiting for some orders, such as navy ballistic nylon, to come in. Right now it looks as though they're putting most of their efforts into keeping up the supply of travel bags for the summer season. The available offerings in the Breve as of a few days ago (when the product page link was still working) was down to black and steel ballistic nylon, and cork. Navy sold out some weeks ago, and crimson well before that. I haven't seen the Breve in kiwi as an option for an even longer period of time. Hopefully, these bags will return. They might also still have some stock available if you call in.

moriond

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The Breve has stepped aside (forever) to make room for new designs for the iPad that Tom is working on.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The Breve has stepped aside (forever) to make room for new designs for the iPad that Tom is working on.
    How noble of the Breve!!
    Darcy likes this.

How fitting for the accessory/bag named "short" to have such a short run. I'm sad I missed out on the cork. That was one cute little baglet.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

Now I'm curious: will I be happy or sad that I recently bought one of the last of the Breves?

oooh new things to tempt us!

(quick you other australian guys, I need help propping up the dollar ..... so we can afford to feed our TB addiction)
    List under construction ....

Quote Originally Posted by plume View Post
    Now I'm curious: will I be happy or sad that I recently bought one of the last of the Breves?
    You will be happy as you have a vintage Tom Bihn Bag.

People nostalgic of that design might come on the forum and ask for one as the design was absolutely unique in the iPad case world and very much looked like a minimalist and stylish envelope.

Very much exited about this prospect!

My husband has been the recipient of many speeches extolling the virtues of the lovely iPad.

It is a small change for him as usually the speeches include Tom Bihn Bags, fountain pens and dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    You will be happy as you have a vintage Tom Bihn Bag.

People nostalgic of that design might come on the forum and ask for one as the design was absolutely unique in the iPad case world and very much looked like a minimalist and stylish envelope.
    You're right, I'll be (and am) happy: the navy Breve is lovely, and I do like "vintage." It also reminds me of a rather wonderful envelope bag I had many years ago that I used as a briefcase. I gave it to a friend who really admired the bag, and have rather missed it ever since. So the "people nostalgic of that design" who might come looking for a Breve down the road may not be able to pry it from my hands!

I am curious. I am about to return the Breve that has been sitting on my bedside table - its almost everything I want yet somehow it doesn't quite work for me. I guess I was hoping for something to tuck in my Imago for commuting which could carry just slightly more than the Breve which traveling between buildings at work.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plume View Post
    I think you'll be happy. Tom's new designs for the iPad won't debut for quite a while yet, and in the meantime, you get to use the Breve!

Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    How noble of the Breve!!
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

so how can I find a Breve for sale? Is that navy one still around? I gave my beloved Breve to my husband when he inherited my original iPad. Now I really want one for my iPad 3 (aka new iPad).