Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau (guess who's in it)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bihn View Post
    And the dogs - definitely we're beholden to our dogs.
    Hehe!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post, Tom. We all love you and everyone at your company. Thank you for all the wonderful stuff you make. And do.

Oh, and for the doggy pictures. We love those, too.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

So when and where is the book signing party be held? -Karl

Indeed we would loose the control we have now, and I can't see what we'd gain: it's not like we need access to capital particularly. We are entirely debt-free at this point and are beholden to no one except our customers and our employees (without both of these groups of people, nothing happens around here). And the dogs - definitely we're beholden to our dogs.

So refreshing to read this post Tom! Not that I would have expected otherwise - but it's just lovely to read such reassuring words about a favourite brand, a favourite company, and the best crew around who go above and beyond. Oh and we nutters - I mean fans - can be rather enthusiastic too!

Cheers to all the TB family crew!
    dorayme likes this.
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karl View Post
    So when and where is the book signing party be held? -Karl
    Tonight, Chris is in Washington D.C. and tomorrow he'll be in Alexandria, Virginia. See the full list of tour dates for The $100 Startup here. (You can even sign up to be a photographer for the event or bring cupcakes.) Chris will be in Seattle on June 4th at Town Hall.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Tonight, Chris is in Washington D.C. and tomorrow he'll be in Alexandria, Virginia. See the full list of tour dates for The $100 Startup here. (You can even sign up to be a photographer for the event or bring cupcakes.) Chris will be in Seattle on June 4th at Town Hall.
    Cupcakes?! Oh why do I have to live so far away from all the fun?!

Hope someone takes pictures!
    Darcy likes this.
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I'm sure the book author is a nice person as well... I am looking for the book and maybe a bag that is signed by Tom Bihn himself. I'm sure most people in this forum would agree Tom Bihn and your crew are the real celebrities.

And the dogs - definitely we're beholden to our dogs.
    Debt-free rocks! ps...it's a good thing you came out with the Citizen Canine, isn't it!

I just placed my book order on Amazon. I can't wait to read about the accounts of various entrepreneurs including the Tom Bihn story.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karl View Post
    I'm sure the book author is a nice person as well... I am looking for the book and maybe a bag that is signed by Tom Bihn himself. I'm sure most people in this forum would agree Tom Bihn and your crew are the real celebrities.
    We are thinking of doing a contest/giveaway where the prize is Tom's dogeared/highlighted/Post-It marked copy of The $100 Startup... he could sign it, too.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    i just ordered my copy - i can't wait to read about tom!!

Mine arrives tomorrow! Looking forward to it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0