Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Update on Solar Dyneema/nylon

Thanks for the sunshine!
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Awesome photo, joiedwards! And just what we need on a day like today here in Seattle. Can I snag your photo for our Clear Organizer Pouches photo set?
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Can I snag your photo for our Clear Organizer Pouches photo set?
    Oh Darcy, you are soooo cruel. You are going to post this in the Clear Organizer Pouches photo set so that once you sell out of them in Solar, you will just leave people saddened that they can't get their hands on them anymore!!! lol.

PS: Is it silly that I come back to this thread everyday hoping for an update on the new Dyneema color?

Yours truly,

Lani, the Dyneema Diva
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

yes you can!
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

I wish that certain colors would be kept as permanent. I recently bought a steel/solar Dyneema Co-pilot. I like that it matches my old Synapse. I think it would be useful to choose a core set of materials & always have products available in those (at least as an exterior color).

Quote Originally Posted by quattro98 View Post
    I wish that certain colors would be kept as permanent.
    I believe they do. The core permanent colors seem to be black Cordura, and steel Dyneema. They do periodically sell out of those, but those colors seem to be permanent and they don't ever stop making things in those colors.
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Does this mean the Steel Dyneema exterior will be paired with a different Dyneema lining?

Like, say, ULTRAVIOLET???

(anytime I'm not on the forums for a few weeks, you can bet it's the beginning or end of a semester, and something important will happen in the TB world)
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black Side Effects, steel/ultraviolet Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/ultraviolet (C) & steel/ultraviolet (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

@Historygal - I just PM'd you on the navy/iberian Synapse, so please check that out!
    Indigo/Solar Western Flyer, Aubergine/Steel Tri Star, Nordic/Steel Aeronaut, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Cocoa/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago, Wasabi Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Small Shop Bags, Solar Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Large Shop Bags, Indigo, Wasabi Dyneema, and Plum 3D Organizer Cubes, Wasabi Dyneema Travel Tray, Wasabi Dyneema Large Yarn Stuff Sack, Small, Mini and Pen/Pencil Pouches, an assortment of key straps

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    Does this mean the Steel Dyneema exterior will be paired with a different Dyneema lining?
    Maybe. Maybe not. (How's that for an infuriatingly non-answering answer?)
    Katy likes this.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post

Like, say, ULTRAVIOLET???
    A steel dyneema + ultraviolet dyneema Synapse would make it into my shopping cart.

roh
    I have been a loyal friend of the great TB
    My blue pouch always goes with me
    Love my vast collection every one
    Used them everywhere under the sun
    But now I feel I must complain
    Solar always chased the rain
    Brightness, splendor color bold
    I can't believe it won't be sold
    I sigh, I pine, what will I do?
    But wait, one Bihnism is always true
    Brilliant staff concurs, TB a real go getter
    Dynema, new shade, must be even better!

"Bihnism." Hahahaa somehow that seems so holistic!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Maybe. Maybe not. (How's that for an infuriatingly non-answering answer?)
    AAAAAHHHHHHHH! But if it doesn't get paired with another interior then . . . would it be Steel Dyneema on the exterior AND the interior?
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black Side Effects, steel/ultraviolet Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/ultraviolet (C) & steel/ultraviolet (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Order placed. I feel better already.
    Badger, has your new Synapse arrived yet? I'm curious what you think of it...especially as compared to the Stealthy Smart Alec....

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    Badger, has your new Synapse arrived yet? I'm curious what you think of it...especially as compared to the Stealthy Smart Alec....
    No, it hasn't arrived yet, but I'm being patient. Sort of. Expect a comparative review and a bunch of my "awesome" pics.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast