Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Update on Solar Dyneema/nylon

I really hope it's lime or something a lot like lime.

Lime would be nice. Orange would be nice.

ANYTHING Dyneema would be nice!!!!! MORE PLEASE!!!! ^_^
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

KmK
    Oooo... Lime hadn't occurred to me! I was imagining a relative of the sapphire...a shazam-y sort of blue... but lime would be neat! I'm trying to think of what color would go with the ballistic colors available..."go with" being relative, of course... none of the Dyneemas are exactly subtle, with the crispy colors and visible criss-crosses, but what color would "pop" well with the ballistics already used...

I guess I had good timing...I finally placed an order including the Indigo/Solar Synapse essentially at the same time as they made the announcement so I will get a Synapse to match my Aeronaut. Of course if I had noticed the announcement I would have added a few items but it has already shipped. It seems a shame to pay another $8 shipping for a second order less than 2 days after the first.

Darcy, can you give an approximate time frame for when you will reveal the new color? I ordered a Forest Ristretto and while I expect that I will like the exterior color I prefer a brighter interior color to the steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Order placed. I feel better already.
    About the Solar Dyneema? Or about that lovely (harrumph!) email about your dissertation? Maybe you should go to this link that Katy provided in another thread:

"Keep Calm and Sing Soft Kitty" T-Shirts & Hoodies by OBEY ZOMBIE | RedBubble

With apologies to your Corgis, of course!

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-05-04 at 4.13.38 PM.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  59.8 KB

Good luck with that !@#$ dissertation,

~Nancy

Ooh, count me in with the ones hoping for lime! Though I will miss solar.
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    About the Solar Dyneema? Or about that lovely (harrumph!) email about your dissertation? Maybe you should go to this link that Katy provided in another thread:

With apologies to your Corgis, of course!

Good luck with that !@#$ dissertation,

~Nancy
    I'm kind of embarrassed to admit I have NO IDEA what the "soft kitty" thing is all about. Does it have to do with television?

I feel better about the Synapse. I probably will go to my grave feeling not-so-good about the dissertation. But that's what happens when you stick around in grad school for 10+ years, I guess. Actually, as soon as it's done I'll forget all about it. I need to hurry it up so I can write the book I actually want to write. With my lovely Synapse -- and, um, soft kitty -- nearby?

I have a black/wasabi Empire Builder and an indigo/solar TriStar.
    I'm hoping whatever the new color is keeps up that fine tradition (although I'm not an orange fan).
    A bright interior makes it so much easier to find things in the bag -- plus its something unique to a Tom Bihn bag.

Along with Badger, I am clueless about "soft kitty" too. I suspect it is some fabulous cool item / cult like celebrity following with those folks out in Seattle. They are always ahead of the rest of us, even when some of the rest of us don't know how far behind we / I am!

And speaking for myself - even when I think I know what it going on or "ahead" in terms of fashion, culture, music, etc....I'm really just about to be lapped around the track!

Oh I wouldn't mind a blue shade for Dyneema!
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I'm kind of embarrassed to admit I have NO IDEA what the "soft kitty" thing is all about. Does it have to do with television?
    It's from the TV show The Big Bang Theory - as a science nerd (geek? dork?) with a couple of Masters degrees myself, I totally relate to the show; it's really funny. But you don't have time for that, because you have a dissertation to finish :-)

Also - The Big Bang Theory - Soft Kitty - YouTube

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nukediver View Post
    It's from the TV show The Big Bang Theory - as a science nerd (geek? dork?) with a couple of Masters degrees myself, I totally relate to the show; it's really funny. But you don't have time for that, because you have a dissertation to finish :-)

Also - The Big Bang Theory - Soft Kitty - YouTube
    I was typing a reply that linked to the Wikipedia entry for the "Soft Kitty" song sung by Sheldon Cooper and Penny on the TV program Big Bang Theory. I don't watch television, but I have friends who like this show. You could also get your own "Soft Kitty Mug". (I admit to looking up the YouTube clips of Raj Koothrappali interacting with Siri earlier this year. They were pretty funny.)

For ncb4's original reference to "Soft Kitty", follow the link, and scroll up one post to misterN's photo of the sleeping cat in the Your Photos! thread.
    Last edited by moriond; 05-04-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Added link to original "soft kitty" picture reference post.

Nooooooooooooooo!!! I just went to order the Navy/Solar Ristretto and it's gone. So is the Navy/solar Cadet. And the Navy/Solar Copilot. :-(
    Will there be any more Navy bags?

I have been wanting to purchase a Smart Alec myself. But it does not come in navy. Maybe the Smart Alec will come in the navy/new dyneema color this summer?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Navy should be coming back soon, barring anything unforeseen...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Navy should be coming back soon, barring anything unforeseen...
    Glad to read it! I am not a fan of the navy/steel combination either. So I hope the Smart Alec in navy comes with a brighter lining NOT steel. Too difficult to please?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast