Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Looking for used Western Flyer w backpack straps in now discontinued cardinal/steel

Looking for used Western Flyer w backpack straps in now discontinued cardinal/steel

Hi all, is there any chance that someone has a used Western Flyer, cardinal/steel with backpack straps that needs a new home? This color combination is no longer available with the backpack option. I have a Tri-Star in that color combination, and I love it. I'm looking for a slightly smaller bag for shorter trips, but just can't see myself with the navy or the black which are the only choices with the backpack option. Thanks so much, LauraA

Hope you find your heart's desire. But if that were not to be, the navy is a gorgeous color. It really deserves another name, like l'heure bleue.

Well, yes, I know that the blue is beautiful, and I love the bright inside. It's just - what about me in my black travel clothes? Take care, LauraA
    "To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive."
    LauraA

Haha! LauraA, I think the same way! I always wear black when travelling, never brown and I feel like I need bags that will match! Glad to know I know I'm not the only one that thinks that way. And almost all of my travel bags are red.

Me too! Red travel bags - once my son was meeting me at a hotel in NYC - he lived in the city, and I was staying at the hotel. The desk accidentally let him into the wrong room, and he knew that it wasn't my room because the bag was black!! Take care, LauraA
    LauraA

Oh wait, THEY DON'T MAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! OH NOOOOO

I just assumed it was still available. I was thinking of switching to the newer model with the zippered bottle compartment and was thinking of getting it in cardinal.

Darcy!! There are at least two loyal customers who would buy the cardinal with backpack straps!! Any chance you might have a small run?!?!?!?!?
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by LauraA View Post
    Well, yes, I know that the blue is beautiful, and I love the bright inside. It's just - what about me in my black travel clothes? Take care, LauraA
    Wait just a minute! Are you saying navy and black don't match??

That navy goes with black, IMHO. That's why my Zephyr looks so good.

Lani, I emailed to inquire, and there are no future plans to make anymore colors of the backpack Western Flyer. To all - I know that black and blue are fine together, but I'll just look so serious. I'm a retired grandma having fun - I'm not on a business trip or on my way to a funeral!! Take care, LauraA
    LauraA

Lani, I emailed to inquire, and there are no future plans to make anymore colors of the backpack Western Flyer. To all - I know that black and blue are fine together, but I'll just look so serious. I'm a retired grandma having fun - I'm not on a business trip or on my way to a funeral!! Take care, LauraA
    Awwww. I'm a sad panda.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

there are no future plans to make anymore colors of the backpack Western Flyer.
    Wait. Does this mean no more backpack WFs at all, or by "no more colors" do you mean black and blue do not somehow count as colors? To put it another way: is the backpack WF being discontinued?

I think what's meant is the only colors backpack WF's will be offered in are navy and black for the time being.

Reporting back after seeing the navy Synapse and Imago. It's the Ballistic navy that I prefer, rather than the Cordura.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Wait. Does this mean no more backpack WFs at all, or by "no more colors" do you mean black and blue do not somehow count as colors? To put it another way: is the backpack WF being discontinued?
    Sorry, I meant no additional colors - just black and navy, sorry! Take care, LauraA
    LauraA

What a relief. I'm not even sure why I was so worried about it--projecting, I guess.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0