Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: New: Matterhorn Water Bottle

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

New: Matterhorn Water Bottle

Last edited by Darcy; 04-09-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    That is a beautiful water bottle! Is it insulated?

Uh oh. I'm getting ready to place an order. I may have to have one o' those.
    backpack and Katy like this.

That's beautiful
    Katy likes this.
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

My... The Crew Has been Busy!
    Katy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
    That's beautiful
    Yes, it is. I was lucky enough to be one of the testers. The bottle is incredibly lightweight, the tapered neck is a pleasure to handle, and the open/close top couldn't be easier to use. Recommended without reservation.
    Jenne likes this.

I was one of the testers as well. I used mine for about 2 or 3 weeks til my husband snagged it
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

I have been using one for a while too and it is the nicest bottle like this I have seen.

I like the lid closure but did not think I would at first.
    After carrying it around for weeks in a Synapse or S.E. I have not had it open on me yet without me trying to!

Thanks Again!

Volunteer Moderator
    Oh, wow. Something for a later order, since I just received my bag order today!.
    Katy likes this.

Ooooh, I think this will tip me into placing another Tom Bihn order. This is a must have.
    Katy likes this.

Adding this to my list aling with the nook color pouch! I placed my order a week too early I guess.
    Katy likes this.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    I too was a tester, I was skeptical at first, I'm not a fan of bottles with coating, but this one has performed beautifully. Like AVService, I also wasn't sure of the closure, it's so simple and quick it seems like it wouldn't hold, but it has not failed. With a keystrap through one of the loops it's secure in my Swifts and other bags with no WB holder too.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Is it insulated? If you put ice in it, does it stay dry or does it sweat?

It is beautiful, but I need my water bottle to carry ice water & NOT sweat!

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Is it insulated? If you put ice in it, does it stay dry or does it sweat?
    No, it is not insulated. I haven't tried it with ice, but I think it would be okay in a stuff sack. I'll get back to you in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    No, it is not insulated. I haven't tried it with ice, but I think it would be okay in a stuff sack. I'll get back to you in the summer.
    Thanks, gmanedit. I am very sad that it is not insulated. It IS a beautiful bottle with the Tom Bihn logo.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0