Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: New: Matterhorn Water Bottle

Thank you Dorayme and Darcy, it looks like it will be perfect on my water bottle holder which is on my handlebar. If it happens to fit into the husband setup which is similar to Rocky's, I'll get 2.

Dorayme, thank you so much for taking the time to take and post the picture, I have a feeling this is a very busy time of year for everybody, so the gesture is greatly appreciated!

Note that it could be quite a while until that happens, so if you bike, and want to buy the bottle, please go ahead. And please, post pictures!

Hm ... I have a bike with a bottle cage, and I might have a Matterhorn bottle before week's end ...

Quote Originally Posted by tCook View Post
    Hm ... I have a bike with a bottle cage, and I might have a Matterhorn bottle before week's end ...
    "Might" that's funny .
    kmcg likes this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hmm, that's no good. I shared a link to this thread with the folks at Liberty Bottleworks.

And I think dorayme's Liberty Bottleworks bottle is the 24oz, FYI.
    Thanks -- and with that they called me, and are sending me a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    "Might" that's funny .
    No fair, you have insider info. See you tomorrow!

Does the bottle pour smoothly so when drinking it won't pour out the sides of your mouth and leak all over yourself? I've had that happen with my Earthlust bottle at work when drinking quickly.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ken.w View Post
    Does the bottle pour smoothly so when drinking it won't pour out the sides of your mouth and leak all over yourself? I've had that happen with my Earthlust bottle at work when drinking quickly.

Thanks.

As someone who spills water on herself quite frequently in this exact manner, I'm happy to report that it has not happened with this Water Bottle as of yet.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    As someone who spills water on herself quite frequently in this exact manner, I'm happy to report that it has not happened with this Water Bottle as of yet.
    Great news! Thanks. I'll add one into my Synapse order.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadler View Post
    Thanks -- and with that they called me, and are sending me a new one.
    Greetings from Liberty BottleWorks! We appreciate the feedback and would like to address the concerns. Here at Liberty Bottles, we pride ourselves on making the best product in the world. Product that each and every American can be proud is being made here and shipped around the world. The issue of the map being "cut off" is something we have heard about each of our maps from time to time. The issue arises from taking a large map and trying to fit it to a small space. If we want the map large enough to read, it means we have to unfortunately trim the map down. We expend great effort to draw the maps to show the largest, most popular and most graphically interesting areas possible. To all of you whose "line" or "stop" is not shown we are sorry- but it is just how the map fits the bottle. 24 ounce bottles have a greater vertical print space as opposed to 32 ounce which have a greater horizontal print space. Although they have the same height, the taper in the neck determines printable area. As to the mis-printed/sloppily printed bottles, we made approximately 320 24 ounce bottles in the SF map that experienced an shift in the digital files. Essentially the 32 ounce map printed on a 24 ounce bottle. Our quality control folks inspected the bottles for quality of print. The misalignment of some streets is not something most non-San Francisconian would notice and we would be included in that group. Thanks to this having been brought to our attention, we have identified the goofed up bottles and have pulled them out of inventory as well as are replacing the ones that made it out of the doors. Thanks to all for the support of American Workers and our brand. And thanks especially, to TOM BIHN, for letting us be a part of such a fantastic company!

One way to avoid spills on oneself and keeps one's cool is to use a straw. I try to use the same type of beverage in either of my TB/ Lifefactory bottle and rince/ airdry it daily and also rince the straw. However, the straws are plastic which of course, need to be disposed of and create landfill, at some point.

To that end I searched for reusable straws and look what I found: Reusable Drinking Straws | Dishwasher Safe | Strawesome.com

With summer coming, I am pretty happy to find a made in the U.S.A, green alternative, for a tool which, in addition to my beautiful TB/Lifefactory bottles, has kept my hydration at peak and my health going, on many levels.

PS: Mods, Kathy, Darcy please move in not about bag if you think the link is not appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Note that it could be quite a while until that happens, so if you bike, and want to buy the bottle, please go ahead. And please, post pictures!
    Backpack, I'm not sure it will fit ... I tried jamming the Matterhorn bottle into my Novara holder, and got nervous I would snap it. The 32 oz. bottle just feels too big around for a regular bike cage.

I finally figured out how to "click" mine-- takes a lot more force than I expected. But after dropping it and spilling water everywhere, I was rather motivated to learn!

Happy to have a US-made metal water bottle, especially now that I know how to use it!
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Jenne, I was one of the testers and I intentionally dropped my bottle several times and on hard surfaces. It never came open and never ever leaked at all. You're right about having to use a bit of force to close it, but it STAYS closed.

Susan

Unfortunately, when I had to apply the same force to reopen it, I spilled water all over myself.
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

The bottle is made out of aluminum and the inside is coated with a food-grade flexible material, which ensures no chips or flakes end up in your water. And unlike uncoated metal bottles, the Liberty Bottleworks coating ensures there’s no heavy metal leaching or porous surface for bacteria build up. $18. In-stock and ships within one business day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0