Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By jmachats
  • 4 Post By tCook
  • 3 Post By Darcy
  • 1 Post By Darcy

Thread: Tom Bihn Gift Certificate?

Tom Bihn Gift Certificate?

I'm giving a gift to a co-worker, and since bags are such personal things, I'd rather give him a $100 gift certificate with some personal recommendations (bags and/or accessories that I think would suit him) rather than a bag that I chose.

I've searched the site and the forums, but haven't found any information about Tom Bihn gift certificates or gift cards. If TB gift certificates aren't officially available, is there a way I could put in a call to Darcy or someone to handle this on a one-time basis? (I don't need a physical certificate or card, but I'd like to create a way for him to get $100 discount on whatever he orders.)

I know I could get a generic gift card (AmEx or something) that could be used anywhere, but this person knows my love of Tom Bihn bags, and the gift will have much more impact if it is Tom Bihn-specific.

I don't know where things stand now but back in Nov, I contacted Darcy/Katy/Brian and they put together something for me. Basically I was given a code word which I gave to the recepient and she gave them the code word when she placed her order.

So your best bet is to give them a call or email.
    backpack and tCook like this.

If the code word thing still stands, I'd have to make it something awesome like BitchinBagMoney.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ Nemeth View Post
    I've searched the site and the forums, but haven't found any information about Tom Bihn gift certificates or gift cards. If TB gift certificates aren't officially available, is there a way I could put in a call to Darcy or someone to handle this on a one-time basis? (I don't need a physical certificate or card, but I'd like to create a way for him to get $100 discount on whatever he orders.)
    We'll have official, order-them-from-the-website gift certificates back up sometime soon, but in the meantime we'd be glad to do exactly what jmachats described. Katy is the expert on this one, so feel free to give us a call (1-800-729-9607) Thanks for working with us on this!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Update! Gift Certificates are now available and can be delivered instantly via email 24/7, 365 days a year, complete with a personalized gift message.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Love this Darcy. If possible you may want to disable the $10 shipping from the bottom of the page, it kind of looks like there is shipping costs even when you buy the gc. At least it did to me, maybe other people are smart enough to figure out that they won't be charged.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Good point! Refresh...
    dorayme likes this.

Hello, I'd like to know if there is a way to create a custom value for a gift card/ voucher that is greater than $300. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTravel View Post
    Hello, I'd like to know if there is a way to create a custom value for a gift card/ voucher that is greater than $300. Thank you!
    We can help you with that! Send us an email.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0