Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The new iPad (and what bags it fits)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

The new iPad (and what bags it fits)

Are you getting one? Katy's pre-ordering our new iPad as I type. What feature(s) are you most excited about? Anything you wish there was but isn't?

The new iPad is not much different in size than its predecessors (it's slightly thicker) and will fit the:
    Ristretto for iPad
    Cadet (11/iPad size)
    Synapse
    Co-Pilot
    Cache
    Breve

And, of course, the new iPad will fit in just about any of our briefcases, backpacks, laptop bags and messenger bags (you'll likely want to put it in a Cache first for protection.) Here's the full list of bags for the iPad.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

I'm not ordering one. Yet. I'm afraid that when I see the retina display in person, I will fall hard (this is bad news, because the nearest Apple store is 1.5 miles from my house). I also like the much-improved cameras. I've hardly used the cameras in my iPad 2 because of the poor resolution. The faster processor is nice also. What I really like isn't so much the new iPad, but the new iPhoto- I will be downloading it onto my iPad when I get home from work. And if (ha! WHEN) I order the new iPad, I know I'll already have numerous TB bags in which it will fit :-)

Anyone else notice that all the videos showed the new iPad sans SmartCover? Very interesting.

Like Nuke, I'm going to wait. I use my iPad a lot in my free time, but now that I'm not in the classroom all the time, I'm struggling to come up with reasons to upgrade. I'm sure if I put my mind to it for half an hour, I could come up with a reason, though.

Yeah, I caved because I sold my iPad original before Christmas...

I am a little stunned they took the 3G option away.

Looking to pack it up in a CoPilot for an upcoming trip!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac View Post
    Yeah, I caved because I sold my iPad original before Christmas...

I am a little stunned they took the 3G option away.

Looking to pack it up in a CoPilot for an upcoming trip!
    3G is still an option. It does LTE. 4g as well but will still work on a 3G network. The cost difference between wifi and LTE isn't any higher either.

Oops...dumb assumption on my part.

should have finished reading the Cult Of Mac report before I posted that!

Just pre-ordered mine! Well, actually, it's a gift for my partner... We did not have any of the previous incarnations of iPad - having an iPhone 4, I was waiting for the retina display. So excited!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Anyone else notice that all the videos showed the new iPad sans SmartCover? Very interesting.

Like Nuke, I'm going to wait. I use my iPad a lot in my free time, but now that I'm not in the classroom all the time, I'm struggling to come up with reasons to upgrade. I'm sure if I put my mind to it for half an hour, I could come up with a reason, though.
    That's interesting. It was offered during checkout.

Let me know if you need help with that. I'm quite good at it as I'm sure you know!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Although I would love the retina display & faster processor, I'm not ordering. My iPad 2 works perfectly & is still in pristine condition.
    Congrats to those who are getting one!
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    That's interesting. It was offered during checkout.

Let me know if you need help with that. I'm quite good at it as I'm sure you know!
    I imagine they're not hyping it because there was no re-design.

If you want to help me, you could call me on the phone!

I have around 100 iPads installed in the walls of big houses and am curious to see if any clients think they should have me upgrade?
    I have a tough time thinking of any reasons at all unless the base WiFi has been improved considerably?
    Everyone is hyped about the broadband upgrades but no one talks about the marginal WiFi they have had from the start.

My application is clearly different than most users but it has been a real problem in my installs.

All of the other new features are compelling in some ways but I use my iPad 1's daily and they are as useful as ever.

I am a little worried to see the new display too though for fear I may crumble for my own toy.

Ed

It's not compatible with the 4G network in Australia at all :-(

I guess Apple goes with the best fit for the big markets ..
    List under construction ....

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    It's not compatible with the 4G network in Australia at all :-(

What??? I am devastated! Australia is a tier one market for them so I would have expected it to be compatible. I will probably still get one though! ;-)

Telstra currently has the only 4G network in Aus but Optus is close to launching theirs which might(?) work.

news article from Jan12

The 4G coverage is so limited at the moment it's not a great loss anyway :-)
    List under construction ....

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    Telstra currently has the only 4G network in Aus but Optus is close to launching theirs which might(?) work.

news article from Jan12

The 4G coverage is so limited at the moment it's not a great loss anyway :-)
    That article doesn't say the iPad won't be compatible with the Australian 4G network, just that Apple doesn't have a 4G phone yet. Perhaps there's hope after all! Or did you see something else that said the two would be incompatible?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast