Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Suggest a new quote for our footer

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Suggest a new quote for our footer

We'd like your suggestions for new quotes for the footer of our website. We'll change quotes from time to time, so feel free to post multiple suggestions.

Name:  newfooterquote.jpg
Views: 2634
Size:  63.2 KB

Current Quote:
    "THE BAD DAYS HAVE TWO THINGS IN COMMON: YOU KNOW THE RIGHT THING TO DO, AND YOU LET SOMEONE TALK YOU OUT OF DOING IT."
    -- TOM BIHN
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Would it be possible to keep that very inspirational quote somewhere on the website?

Such as in a Bihnism colum: Smart stuff Tom Bihn Crew's says while hanging out at the factory showroom.

This quote has gotten me through many many many days, in the past year.

I think therefore I carry-on.

You don't know what peace of mind truly is, until you have lived in a disaster prone area.

Children love the FJN and the Synapse. Does that make me a kid too? Mine are... Purple!

The sayings below might look like promotions but that is truly how I feel about my Tom Bihn bags.

In case of emergency, grab your Tom Bihn stuff then run (to get to or away from things in a hurry) or duck (for protection against an earthquake, tornado or saloon brawl).

When fun is in the agenda: yummy food or drinks, loverly people or pets, breathtaking landscape or animal make sure your stuff is secure in a Tom Bihn bag, then forget about it... until it is time for a Blog photo.

I have read somewhere that the best form of muscle strengthening exercise is to carry books or things around.
    I have done lots of muscle strengthening exercise since I got Tom Bihn bags.

Tom Bihn bags, like bikes and dogs, are gorgeous, good for your health and the environment. What's not to love?

Children love the FJN and the Synapse. Does that make me a kid too? Mine are... Purple!

Pets giving your the run around?
    Family schedule spins you like a dreidl?
    Work thinking you are one of the Advengers?
    There is a Tom Bihn solution for that.
    Last edited by backpack; 02-29-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Why replace something good? I like the reminder to be mindful of doing the right thing, listening to one's conscience. And I like it that it is not preachy. Please keep the quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We'd like your suggestions for new quotes for the footer of our website. We'll change quotes from time to time . . .

Current Quote:
    "THE BAD DAYS HAVE TWO THINGS IN COMMON: YOU KNOW THE RIGHT THING TO DO, AND YOU LET SOMEONE TALK YOU OUT OF DOING IT."
    -- TOM BIHN

When you know the right thing to do, why would you let someone talk you out of it? Need more information.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'." - Mary Anne Radmacher

"Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That's not the place to become discouraged." - Thomas Edison

"Tom Bihn products are cooler than the other side of the pillow." - Anon
    Last edited by Flinx; 03-01-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    Darcy and Vanper like this.
    Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

I like the current quote very much.

Here's my suggestion -

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.

Helen Keller
    List under construction ....

JBB
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

I've always liked "egotism is nature's compensation for mediocrity". LA Safian.
    Take care,
    Moose
    Darcy and backpack like this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Ether in the rainbow or the spectrum, love is the answer. Backpack

My vote is for Backpack's. "I think; therefore I carry on." And I do carry on a lot.

I like "I think; therefore, I carry-on" too!

I also think the wartime slogan, "Keep calm and carry on" is appropriate, though perhaps a bit over-used.
    Keep Calm and Carry On | Know Your Meme

I like: "Not all those who wander are lost." – J. R. R. Tolkien

I also like: "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." – St. Augustine

Janine
    Last edited by Janine; 03-02-2012 at 08:02 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Can't help injecting some Princess Bride:

"You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles." - Miracle Max, The Princess Bride
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

There is a scientist out in Arizona, Bruce Walsh, with a great statement on his homepage. I don't know if he coined this or it is an anonymous quote:

'Avoid the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once, and you will suck forever.'

I always get a chuckle out of this when I visit Bruce's website, and I think it is applicable here as there is NOTHING mediocre about Tom Bihn products or service.

Two of my favorite travel quotes:

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0