Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Forum update

Forum update

Wow. I went away for what seemed like two hours and when I got back, everything had changed!!!

The update to the forum looks great, guys!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I'm glad you like it! We're still working on the upgrade, so please report any bugs you find.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

How about a link to "new posts" like on the old forum where threads were listed rather than all the "new posts"....or am I missing something?

Oops, never mind, I figured it out.....it takes me awhile.
    Last edited by Frank II; 02-02-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

It's gorgeous! Thank You Darcy!

Oooooh! Purdy!

Looks, great! Is there a fast way to find out the threads I have unread? I went to quick links and picked new threads for today, but will that update whe I come bad for repeated checks? It's not like I check only once a day
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

FrankII, please share how you found the new posts/today's posts. I can't seem to get there.
    Thank you,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

It looks great! But...where is the link for Today's Posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    FrankII, please share how you found the new posts/today's posts. I can't seem to get there.
    Thank you,
    Moose
    You have to go to the main page. There: http://www.tombihn.com/forums/

The forum appears to "skrink" and there is space for a column roughly the size of our id column.

I hope it is clear because, until I found it, I was confused too.
    Last edited by backpack; 02-02-2012 at 03:38 PM.

There is also a link to "New Posts" at the top, to the right of Quick Links.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

The new design is very nice indeed.

Darcy's way is the easiest--but it wasn't there when I originally posted. I had to do it the "hard" way. You know, more than one click.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    There is also a link to "New Posts" at the top, to the right of Quick Links.
    Darcy, you are a genius!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Wow. I went away for what seemed like two hours and when I got back, everything had changed!!!

The update to the forum looks great, guys!
    Badger, I know what you mean. The change came in the middle of my posting a reply earlier, and checking links and references in other windows. The address bar icon changed along with the appearance of new pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I'm glad you like it! We're still working on the upgrade, so please report any bugs you find.
    Darcy, this is not a bug, but I notice that the new forum design doesn't include options for, say, changing changing font color or adding a web link under Quick Reply. I can still change to italic or bold type by highlighting text and typing cmd-i or cmd-b on my Mac, but if I want to link to a product page I have to press the "Go Advanced" button to get to these controls. Of course, I'd probably do that anyway, but do you want to give posters the options to link from the Quick Reply section?

I'll look into that, moriond.

Everyone -- you can now choose your own avatar and profile photo. To do so, click on Settings near the top of this screen, then find the Edit Profile Picture and Edit Avatar options.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast