Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Forum update

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Are smilies working?
    They're not converting to actual emoticons, if that's what you mean. All I'm seeing is the characters you typed, that is and

~Nancy

I hope Darcy figures out how to make the LIKE button appear for those like me who access the forum via a mobile device. I am still not seeing the like button on either my phone or tablet (both galaxy running on android). Otherwise, the new look of the forum is awesome!

Ooooh, I like the new forum look
    Bags: Aeronaut Crimson/Steel w Absolute Shoulder Strap & Packing Cubes: EndPocket, L Steel, S Steel x2. Synapse Bl/UV, Co-Pilot St/Iberian Dyneema. Smart Alec Bl/Bl/St, Snake Charmer Bl
    Cubes: 3D Clear Org Cube x2, Clear QPC in Iberian w Shoulder Strap,
    Pouches: Mini x2, Small x2, Small Clear x1, M Clear x3, L Clear x1, Pencil Clear x2
    Other: Guardian Light, 16" Key str x3, Handle Loop x2, Ultrasuede Strap Wrap

I love the New Posts link.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hmm: could one of you try adding an image in a post via a URL? I just tried to do that and received an error message. Want to make sure it's not just me before we start trying to fix it.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Thumbs up

test image from flickr url

I did it Darcy
    Last edited by dorayme; 02-17-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

wait a minute, maybe I didn't do it right
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

Volunteer Moderator
    Darcy,

When I try to add an image from the URL, I get the message "error: Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file."

moriond

Is that icord or something else on those earbuds, dorayme?
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

It is icord.

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    It is icord.
    I'm curious: how did you get the icord around the earbuds?

Knit the cord in front of the cables. When sliding the left side to the right wrap behind the cable. It incases the cable in the cord. It also makes the cords tangle less and keeps then from crimping. Ravelry has pattern pages, but most of the "patterns" are actually tutorials.
    ncb4 and WhiteStar like this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Darcy,

When I try to add an image from the URL, I get the message "error: Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file."

moriond
    This is the error I get, too. But it worked for dorayme. Hmm... we'll investigate.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

I tried at 12:15 PM Seattle time and got an error message that the temporary file had failed.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hmm: could one of you try adding an image in a post via a URL? I just tried to do that and received an error message. Want to make sure it's not just me before we start trying to fix it.
    Hi Darcy,

I figured out the source of the problem that I had in adding an image in a post via a URL. When you use the forum tools to "insert image", the pop up menu comes up by default with the tab "From Computer" selected. If you select the tab "From URL" instead, by default, there is a box checked for "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". You must uncheck this box every time in order to add an image in a post via a URL and not get the error message about "error: Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file." It's actually easier to hand-code and type [IMG] before your image and another [/IMG] after the URL for your image than it is to use the forum tools for this, because of having to do the multiple clicks and unchecking the box. Don't know whether this is what you and Frank encountered. Any way to disable that default check box?

moriond

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast