Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Forum update

Digging the red coloured thing as well! Very nice!
    Expat living in Japan
    iPad Ristretto Aeronaut Synapse Lg Shop Bag lots of little accessory pouches - straps - and other goodies!
    Flickr Blog
    Now ... what else do I "need" ...

Oooh, shiny!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Yay avatars!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Yay avatars!
    Katy! Love your Avatar kitty!

PS - you have inspired me to figure out and add an avatar!
    Last edited by Maria; 02-03-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Love the avatars! People, flowers and kitties! Now, where are the doggies?

Trying to figure out how to set one up, the avatar and yeah, a doggie too!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I'm thinking of absorbing the Thoughts on TOM BIHN Bags forum into the TOM BIHN News & Everything Else forum. Any feedback on that?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    Katy! Love your Avatar kitty!

PS - you have inspired me to figure out and add an avatar!
    I knew you would love that! Is that a picture of Mika when he was a kitten?
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I knew you would love that! Is that a picture of Mika when he was a kitten?
    Yes, I thought I'd follow after Baxter! (Thank you for inspiration, or at least due to my lack of imagination I copied Baxter!)
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Sounds logical to me, Darcy. When trying to figure out which forum that my urgently important new thread belongs to, I sometimes struggle with the difference between those two.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    It also makes sense to me Darcy.
    Now if the TB News thread was separate from the Everything Else and that was combined with Thoughts on Bags, to me that's a bit more intuitive. One place for the just breaking news and another place for general discussion, but it would be too hard at this time to go back through and separate it all. I use the search function to find past posts versus scrolling through various sub groupings anyway, unless I know it's a very recent thread.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Forum looks brilliant!

Very nice update, Darcy! I read the forum on my smartphone (samsung galaxy on android). I don't see the "like" button. How do I "like" a post?

Volunteer Moderator

Access to full Advanced Search from within a thread?

Hi Darcy,

I like the new forum design, but haven't found a way to do a full advanced search when reading a thread. Typically what happens is that I'll be reminded of a previous discussion that's related to the topic, and will want to pull up the reference so that I can add the information to an answer as a quote or else supply a link to an earlier post. At present, the only way I've found do this is by keeping open a separate page or tab to the top level forum, where I can access the link for "Search Forum" in Advanced mode without limiting the search to the current thread. Maybe an option to access "Search Forum" can be added to the "Quick Links" that appear for every page?

Thanks for supplementing the Quick Reply options with controls for adding links, etc. and for making it easy to access the Blog archives by month. There have been some great Blog entries and pictures recently. I also like the use of the luggage tag logo image beside the blog search results that were basically text announcements. Very spiff, along with the red link accents in the forum posts.

Are you going to stick with the new favicon for the web address bar? It looks as though this is the one used for the bulletin site. I'd liked to see the small, red "TB" that you've used for so long return.

Keep up the good work!

moriond

Testing my avatar....
    ncb4 likes this.
    WhiteStar in Colorado
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LCB (Azalea/Sapphire, Turq/Wasabi), MCB (Plum/Cayenne), Swift (Cork), Co-Pilot (Iberian), Synapse (UV), Citizen Canine (Kiwi/UV), Shop Bag (UV), key straps and pouches galore!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Are smilies working?
    Last edited by Darcy; 02-06-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast