Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Goliath
  • 1 Post By gmanedit

Thread: Getting my FIRST Tom Bihn bag! But...

Getting my FIRST Tom Bihn bag! But...

After much deliberation I've finally pulled the trigger and ordered my first Tom Bihn bag, a Black/Steel Synapse. I've been lurking on the site for a while now, reading every review, looking a pictures, spending countless hours checking everything out. Was unsure if I wanted to spend this kind of money on a bag (it's just a bag after all isn't it?) and when I overcame my "paralysis by analysis," the answer was a resounding yes! But...(there is always one isn't there), the bag is backordered until the end of February. *Sigh* Finally decided what I wanted and now I have to wait some more. Oh well, good things come to those who wait, right? Either way, I'll be visiting the site every day checking out all the goodies here, it'll help make the time go by.

Enjoy the anticipation.

I understand how you feel because I was anxious and exited when I ordered my wonderful Steel Brain Bag, It had to be used to transport 2 iBooks and related documentation and cables.

The usual brands were not up to the job, I tried them before, from the free replacement if your bag fails, hmmm, to the our brand name bags are as heavy as they are expensive, uh? No, thanks.

So I waited for my Brain Bag and the ancestors of the Vertical Brain Cell and the Cache for my two laptops.
    Because I was in the middle of a big transcontinental U.S move from West to East coast, I didn't have time to admire the goodies that much, I just turned off the least used laptop packed it in the Vertical Brain Cell Ancestor and placed the accessories alongside.

The Brain Bag performed so perfectly, I ordered another one, we use them on all our domestic travel.

Ever since that first order, I have an extended Tom Bihn Wish List on standby, much to the delight of my husband who doesn't have to figure out what to get me.

I also have a Synapse and I too had to wait for it, believe me, the wait is worth it.

This is the nicest, best engineered small backpack I ever owned.

I have owned backpacks in all kind of material and size from many different brands and at a wide variety of prices.
    Nothing compares to the attention to detail, genius design and simple practicality of the Synapse

Please check all the pictures and stories inspired by this beautiful backpack! The pictures and stories are on Tom Bihn Blog, Tom Bihn Flickr Gallery and videos as well as in this forum.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions, we all have been there, it is called Tom Bihn Anticipation Syndrome.
    Last edited by backpack; 01-10-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    *Sigh* Finally decided what I wanted and now I have to wait some more. Oh well, good things come to those who wait, right? Either way, I'll be visiting the site every day checking out all the goodies here, it'll help make the time go by.
    Goliath, you did not order organizer pouches with your Synapse?

If you are like most of us who got the TB bug, you will be placing an order for such, if you had not done so. And when you do, you will wish you had placed the order with your Synapse, saved the $8 shipping (if you are in the US & use the cheapest TB shipping option). $8 does not seem like much, but it would buy you one mini clear organizer pouch!

In addition to the organizer pouches, I also recommend the 3D clear organizer pouch. It fits nicely in the bottom pocket of the Synapse.

Happy waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Goliath, you did not order organizer pouches with your Synapse?

If you are like most of us who got the TB bug, you will be placing an order for such, if you had not done so. And when you do, you will wish you had placed the order with your Synapse, saved the $8 shipping (if you are in the US & use the cheapest TB shipping option). $8 does not seem like much, but it would buy you one mini clear organizer pouch!

In addition to the organizer pouches, I also recommend the 3D clear organizer pouch. It fits nicely in the bottom pocket of the Synapse.

Happy waiting!
    Drat! I really thought I suggested checking the link below which will take you to the Accessories page.
    Shoulder Straps, Organizer Pouches, Packing Cubes, and Toiletry Bags made by: TOM BIHN

Great suggestion Walker!
    Last edited by backpack; 01-10-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Thanks all for the kind words!

@gmanedit - I know, it's like I'm hearing the Heinz 57 ketchup commerical in my head over and over again! Haha

@backpack - You are absolutely correct which is why I finally decided to go with TB. I've ordered and returned about a half-dozen messengers and backpacks these past 2 months, yet all the while coming back to the Synapse. Although it is a smaller backpack compared to the "standard" offerings of Jansport, North Face, etc, and I am a big guy (6'2", 280#) this backpack will be used as my EDC bag. Besides the usually keys, wallet, cellphone affair, I take a knife, flashlight, small FAK, umbrella, misc other items, and flannel shirt (wintertime) with me when I go out, so the smaller size will actually work in my favor. I am excited about getting it!

@Walker - I didn't order any pouches but did order a couple of extra key-straps with it. I'll probably end up placing another order after I get the Synapse (the TB bug is infectious on this site!!) and order them at that time.

Just want to say that everyone on the site is pleasant and very helpful and that is very refreshing.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0