Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: New: Travel Tray

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

New: Travel Tray

<a href="http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/500/TB0991"></a>
    <p></p>
    Pop the <strong><a href="http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/500/TB0991">Travel Tray</a></strong> out of your luggage when you arrive at your destination and drop in your keys, coins, wallet, cell phone -- all that small stuff that you don't want to have wander off while you sleep.
    <p></p>
    <a href="http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/500/TB0991"></a>
    <p></p>
    Unlike other travel trays, our Travel Tray pulls shut with a drawstring so it can be used for more than just organizing the top of your bureau. Need to depart with some degree of alacrity? Simply leave some or all of those little things in the tray, pull the drawstring and hit the road.
    <p></p>
    <strong>$22. <a href="http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/500/TB0991">In stock, ships within one business day.</a></strong>
    Available in four colors: Steel, Solar, Ultraviolet, and Iberian.
    <p><p>
    <strong><a href="http://www.youtube.com/tombihn#p/u/0/9T2wlU_jJis">Watch a video demonstrating the Travel Tray.</a></strong> (It's no maverick video, but it'll have to do for now.)
    <!--break-->
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I was looking forward to seeing a Vide Poche - but this is better! Being able to pull the draw string and grab and go in an emergency.

Brilliant actually!
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

smj
    This is pretty cool. I've added one to my Zephyr order today!
    Black/Wasabi SCB + Navy/Solar Aeronaut + Black/Black/Steel Zephyr + Black/Wasabi Co-Pilot + Black/Wasabi Pilot + several accessories...

I have the travel tray from a competitor company *cough* and I can vouch that it is an incredibly useful item. I can't tell you how many little things I've lost--pens, tubes of lip balm and other small items when they rolled off/were knocked off when fumbling for the alarm clock on my bedside table in hotel rooms, under the bed or table and out of sight! And then I get home, or on the plane, and am wondering where pen/lip balm/etc. have disappeared to. And it just keeps stuff wrangled, which is always useful. The drawstring is a GREAT add and this one seems lighter and more portable, as well. I think I need one of these.

P.S. Yellow is great for not leaving it behind!

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    These will also make excellent knitting/project bags. The fact that they are rigid at the top makes them nice to hold yarn, like a yarn bowl, but when you need to go, they cinch closed. Not just a useful travel accessory, definitely a knitter's must have item!
    I really, really like TB Bags!

+1 for the use of the word "alacrity."

This also looks useful for emptying your pockets before security. Much safer than using one of the provided bowls. Just fill and hide in a corner of your bag!

Whoa.

Wait hold on, let me try that again.

WHOA.

I'm a projects-gal, and this would work great for various projects around the house. Heck, when I do my nails, I have a nail kit, nail polish, nail polish remover, cotton balls, etc. that I have to keep together while I pamper myself. Something like this would even work great for that.

But...

WHOA.

I think I'm gonna order me some.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Whoa.

Wait hold on, let me try that again.

WHOA.

I'm a projects-gal, and this would work great for various projects around the house. Heck, when I do my nails, I have a nail kit, nail polish, nail polish remover, cotton balls, etc. that I have to keep together while I pamper myself. Something like this would even work great for that.

But...

WHOA.

I think I'm gonna order me some.
    darcy,

we need a new forum feature - where we can hit the like button again and again to indicate that we really, really like the post!

For you, Maverick:

Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    For you, Maverick:

thanks!

I always wondered how the RO travel basket could be improved. And here it is. No snaps to flounder with and a smaller footprint. Seems pricey unless you travel a LOT but I'm sure others will find many other uses for this. It could just be a good all around project bag for smaller projects. Good spot to keep all the remotes too.

I'm thinking these will make cool little Christmas gifts!
    Happy owner of Steel Tristar, Steel Side Effect, Plum Medium Cafe Bag (my first TB), Indigo Synapse, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, various pouches and organizer cubes, Cache.

In addition to Travel Tray, the contraption can become everything the above posters said and more.

Color coded paper gathering device for writing or studying projects, color coded clean socks or foundation garment holders for kidlets and husbands or blanket, towel, extra leash holder for doglets or snuggle place for kittens of all ages.

Writing instrument wrangling arena, especially for the ones which have a tendency to roll off desks whenever the caps are off.
    Fast hiding contraption to protect above precious hobby objects or paperwork from wandering little hands or paws.

Nice looking turn of last century purse shape to bring out your inner Romantic Heroine.

I have been using the medium stuff sack for this purpose. I fold the stuff sack out to half its height, with the top edge of the bag flush with the bottom of the sack. The folded material provides enough structure, and the height is perfect to hold the shape.

Both the clear bottom & all-fabric stuff sack work well for this purpose. The rubber cover on my phone sticks to the bottom of the clear bottom stuff sack, which I like. But, I prefer the all-fabric stuff sack, even for this purpose.

Flat things like wallet OP, mini & small OP with their load, phone, small notebook, calculator, etc.give my stuff sack/travel tray structure when I close the sack & compress it flat.

Nonetheless, the new TB travel tray is pretty in addition to being functional. I am impressed with the attention to details, including how the fabric is cut diagonal to the fabric design to create the diamond effect. Very pretty, indeed! The solar is calling my name!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0