Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: New: Travel Tray

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Last year, I realized that it was better to let the river guide the way than try to fight the current. Much easier.
    this
    maybe I can do more of this in 2012. Thanks for saying it, I needed to see it!

no worries about your post. I was joking back, sorry if it didn't come out that way
    I understand that feeling inside when you are gripped with excitement and anticipation of the goodness coming from Ohio Ave. I feel honored to have been considered as an inspiration. There are so many others here who are inspiration to me. When I am trying to decide what bag, what color, what fabric or all of the above, much of my decision making process is lead by posts, pictures, video, etc. posted by forum members. It was similar comments and posts on Ravelry 4 years ago, very shortly after I had joined, about an awesome new knitting bag that introduced me to the Swift and TB. Don't get me wrong, this site has nice pictures and descriptions, but I am somebody who wants to experience things before I invest money in purchasing them. The colorful representations from others paved the way for me to vicariously experience these bags. I felt confident to purchase sight unseen. I haven't been disappointed either! I hope that by continuing in that tradition, I can share with others and possibly help them to see value in considering TB bags for their future needs.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

What is it about men that makes them want to turn everything into a hat...?

AND THIS (go to the bottom of the post)
    List under construction ....

Daisy, the list of things that drives a man's neuroses (in general, not just about hat-shaped devices) is so long that we would have to create an entirely separate forum to cover that topic!

Quote Originally Posted by kcarroll55 View Post
    Questions for someone who has a travel tray or has seen (read: handled) one - how thin does it squash down to for packing and does it stay squashed or is there a strap to hold it closed? Thanks!
    Having just traveled with not one but TWO travel trays to our recent trip to Orlando (Walt Disney World Half-Marathon walk/crawl), I can tell you that the travel tray folds "pretty flat". Actually for me, it wasn't so much flat, as "how much can you squish it?" The easiest way I've found to pack it when it's empty, is to just squish it down and then shove it down one side of one of the carry-on bags. It conforms to whatever space you have, basically.

We used one travel tray for standard travel tray stuff (wallet, hotel key card, change, etc.) and the other had a permanent home in the bathroom, where it held my make-up and toiletries.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by daisy View Post
    What is it about men that makes them want to turn everything into a hat...?
    I tried so hard to get my husband to "wear the fez" when I first got the travel trays, because they really are hat-sized. He adamantly refused. lol. Your guy is a better sport!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

We have a giant plastic Coca-Cola bottle piggy bank we bought many years ago at the Coke store in Atlanta. It takes a few years to fill the thing (it's a couple of feet tall), but we finally filled it to the top a second time. Last month, we decided it was time to take all that change to the local Safeway to get the change converted to bills using their Coinstar machine. We wound up with well over $1,000.

In the meantime, the Coke bottle is way too heavy to carry, so we transferred all the change into 4 travel trays (sorry, we already got started on one so it's not in the photo). Each bag weighed well over 20 pounds! The folks at Tom Bihn aren't kidding when they say these travel trays are sturdy!

So now you know, Tom Bihn Travel Trays are can officially be called Money Bags, as well!

Latest use for Travel Tray: Airplane picnic basket. I packed mine with plastic bags of crackers, cheese, fruit, etc., and pulled the drawstring shut. On the plane I took it out and folded the top back, so my food was sitting in it instead of on the tray table, and when I was done I could just close it up again with the leftovers and cracker crumbs and pop it back in my carry-on (Smart Alec with a Little Swift and yarn stuff sack inside, and the Western Flyer in the overhead bin). Thanks TB!
    Swift (ballistic navy/steel), Little Swift (ultrasuede), Western Flyer (indigo/solar), Smart Alec (indigo/solar), 3d Clear Organizer Cube (storm), two Caches (15"MBP & iPad2), assorted yarn stuff sacks, organizer pouches (all dyneema), key straps, a screen cloth and a packing cube. Wishlist: a navy/wasabi Tri-Star, a Kiwi Kit, and anything else wasabi.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
    Latest use for Travel Tray: Airplane picnic basket. I packed mine with plastic bags of crackers, cheese, fruit, etc., and pulled the drawstring shut. On the plane I took it out and folded the top back, so my food was sitting in it instead of on the tray table, and when I was done I could just close it up again with the leftovers and cracker crumbs and pop it back in my carry-on (Smart Alec with a Little Swift and yarn stuff sack inside, and the Western Flyer in the overhead bin). Thanks TB!
    That's really smart. Would love to see a photo of this!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Ask and ye shall receive. First, in the conference room, the Smart Alec with its friends the Cache (empty), the Little Swift and organizer pouches, and of course the Iberian Travel Tray, closed. Not shown: the other Cache with my iPad, assorted organizer pouches and key straps, the knitting stuff sack, and the Western Flyer which was in the car.
    Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 749
Size:  106.9 KB

Later, on the plane: the Travel Tray as picnic basket! Contents: roasted cashews, a banana, a dream bar, some chocolate, and some good tea. Next time I'd throw in a lightweight cloth napkin too, to make it extra-civilized.
    Name:  photo2.JPG
Views: 580
Size:  98.9 KB

(Contents vary from previous post, as this was on the flight going home and I had to pack it with what I could find on the way to the airport!)
    Last edited by AlexD; 01-27-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: fixing images
    Swift (ballistic navy/steel), Little Swift (ultrasuede), Western Flyer (indigo/solar), Smart Alec (indigo/solar), 3d Clear Organizer Cube (storm), two Caches (15"MBP & iPad2), assorted yarn stuff sacks, organizer pouches (all dyneema), key straps, a screen cloth and a packing cube. Wishlist: a navy/wasabi Tri-Star, a Kiwi Kit, and anything else wasabi.

That settles it. I need to get one in each colour.

My next TB order is going to be BIG!!!
    Lani likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by notmensa View Post
    That settles it. I need to get one in each colour.
    I just got one in yellow and it's been taken over by my father. I need to get another for myself. :0
    Lani likes this.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

AlexD, I hope I sit next to you on my next flight. You pack the good snacks! Mmm... Chocolove.
    Lani and AlexD like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0