Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: New: Travel Tray

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    These will also make excellent knitting/project bags. The fact that they are rigid at the top makes them nice to hold yarn, like a yarn bowl, but when you need to go, they cinch closed. Not just a useful travel accessory, definitely a knitter's must have item!
    That was my first thought, too! They're like the Yarn Stuff Sacks new sibling. All they need is a yarn guide added right at the top of the rigid section (hint, hint, hint).
    marbenais and jaon like this.
    Smart Alec, Cadet (11/i), Little Swift, Field Journal Notebook, Organizer Pouches, Organizer Wallet, Yarn Stuff Sacks, Key Straps, Snake Charmer, Zipper Pulls, Strapeez

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Thanks for my new favorite spinning basket. The fact that it sits open, and has nothing inside to catch on the delicate fibers is a huge plus. The drawstring closure keeps my fibers safe from dust and dirt and allows me to transport them around when I need to without any disturbance. Though you can't tell from this low light photo, my e-spinner almost perfectly matches the UV color. I painted her this weekend. . . Her name is Violet.

I really, really like TB Bags!

Beautiful!

I never thought of using this as a yarn holder. What a brilliant idea, dorayme. (And I'm sure Violet loves her new paint job.) I'm off to order my own yarn basket—I mean, Travel Tray—in Ultraviolet, of course!

My yarn/knitting project holders - errrr travel trays - are on the truck for delivery later today. I'm excited!!
    Darcy likes this.

Just took two of these on our weekend early Christmas getaway to Yosemite Lodge. They worked out great! Trying to find a little time to write up an actual review. ^_^
    dmilem likes this.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Just took two of these on our weekend early Christmas getaway to Yosemite Lodge. They worked out great! Trying to find a little time to write up an actual review. ^_^
    Oooh, nice. Any photos from your trip?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Questions for someone who has a travel tray or has seen (read: handled) one - how thin does it squash down to for packing and does it stay squashed or is there a strap to hold it closed? Thanks!
    Cocoa/wasabi LCB, black/wasabi MCB & SCB, steel/solar Aeronaut, Absolute Shoulder Strap, 5 packing cubes, olive Clear Organizer Wallet, turquoise & wasabi large clear organizer pouches, plum & black pen/pencil organizer pouches, 5 Clear/Cordura Organizer Pouches (mini & small/assorted colors), azalea 3-D Clear Organizer Cube, lapis blue & iberian Ultrasuede Screen Cloths, solar Travel Tray, 5 key straps (assorted lengths/colors), red/blue Strapeez, red Guardian Dual Function Light

I just checked my newly received travel tray. It squishes almost flat--it would be completely flat if it didn't have fabric. It does not stay squashed unless you put it somewhere in your luggage where it must stay flat (under a pile of clothes, in a flat pocket, etc.) It is very very light and flexible, but holds its shape nicely when you stand it up.

I am thinking it might be cool to keep socks in or undies or something small in it till you get to your destination, if you are staying in one place and want to unpack. I find the travel trays way useful. I'll probably use this one AND the one I already have from "the other brand." The TB holds more but seems more packable to me.

ETA: Dorayme, meant to admire Violet as she should be admired. She is lovely AND talented!
    Last edited by MaggieScratch; 01-11-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    dorayme likes this.

I have a few more minutes of unclaimed free time and I want to chime in on how much I love my travel tray. It doesn't travel. Instead, it sits on my desk and brightens it up with Iberian goodness. I smile when I look at it, and it keeps my desk tidier. Love it.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
    I just checked my newly received travel tray. It squishes almost flat--it would be completely flat if it didn't have fabric. It does not stay squashed unless you put it somewhere in your luggage where it must stay flat (under a pile of clothes, in a flat pocket, etc.) It is very very light and flexible, but holds its shape nicely when you stand it up.

I am thinking it might be cool to keep socks in or undies or something small in it till you get to your destination, if you are staying in one place and want to unpack. I find the travel trays way useful. I'll probably use this one AND the one I already have from "the other brand." The TB holds more but seems more packable to me.

ETA: Dorayme, meant to admire Violet as she should be admired. She is lovely AND talented!

Thanks for checking this for me. And you're right about the size difference: 51.25 sq. inches vs. 31.5 sq inches (RO - and not all of it usable due to the padded sides). Actually, a better figure would be 226 cubic inches vs. 63 cubic inches. That's a LOT of room!
    Last edited by kcarroll55; 01-12-2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Oops, used wrong depth dimension when figuring cubic area
    Cocoa/wasabi LCB, black/wasabi MCB & SCB, steel/solar Aeronaut, Absolute Shoulder Strap, 5 packing cubes, olive Clear Organizer Wallet, turquoise & wasabi large clear organizer pouches, plum & black pen/pencil organizer pouches, 5 Clear/Cordura Organizer Pouches (mini & small/assorted colors), azalea 3-D Clear Organizer Cube, lapis blue & iberian Ultrasuede Screen Cloths, solar Travel Tray, 5 key straps (assorted lengths/colors), red/blue Strapeez, red Guardian Dual Function Light

Thanks for my new favorite spinning basket. The fact that it sits open, and has nothing inside to catch on the delicate fibers is a huge plus. The drawstring closure keeps my fibers safe from dust and dirt and allows me to transport them around when I need to without any disturbance. Though you can't tell from this low light photo, my e-spinner almost perfectly matches the UV color. I painted her this weekend. . . Her name is Violet.

Oh! This the cutest tiny spinner, I have ever seen!

Where did you get her? What kind of paint did you use?

I can't do animal fibers but I would love to make custom cotton and bamboo yarn, I guess I should sign up to Ravelry.

Is it only for knitter and crocheters, or can fiber enthusiasts join? I use my yarn for needlework.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Thank you, Violet is a Vespera by Heavenly Handspinning. Made in GA, by the sweetest people, seriously! I used Martha Stewart Crafts pearl acrylic paint (not loving MS, but loving the color and how the product worked). I've owned two of their treadle wheels and their kick spindle as well, they are fun spinners and very affordable.
    You can join Ravelry, the site is geared to knitter's, crocheter's weavers and spinners. Groups involve all sorts though, I'm sure there are some needlecraft groups therein.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Taught a class on the wise woman in Prov 31 today - she's a spinner and a weaver too. Not sure if she has a TT. ;-)

Thank you, Violet is a Vespera by Heavenly Handspinning. Made in GA, by the sweetest people, seriously! I used Martha Stewart Crafts pearl acrylic paint (not loving MS, but loving the color and how the product worked). I've owned two of their treadle wheels and their kick spindle as well, they are fun spinners and very affordable.
    You can join Ravelry, the site is geared to knitter's, crocheter's weavers and spinners. Groups involve all sorts though, I'm sure there are some needlecraft groups therein.
    Dorayme, you are a woman of wisdom and taste.

Sorry for saying you made me order my last TB batch, I forgot to include a smiley as it was said in a kidding and giddy mood as I was in full TB anticipation syndrome turned into opening the gift box groove.

It really feel so great to be so happy with such lovely items, so I feel thankful for your inspiration in ordering them and the TB crew for designing, creating, taking my order in such lovely way and sending them to me with a very sweet note.

Last year, I realized that it was better to let the river guide the way than try to fight the current. Much easier.
    dorayme likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0