Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: New: Citizen Canine

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    Also, how does the ChuckIt! launcher attach with the clips to the strap?
    We're going to work on a Citizen Canine video soon that should answer this question.

Bags with a plastic tube in the middle, like the Bags on Board brand, will work great in the Citizen Canine.

The medium Earth Ball is pictured.
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-30-2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Hehe.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We're going to work on a Citizen Canine video soon that should answer this question.

Bags with a plastic tube, like the Bags on Board brand, will work great in the Citizen Canine.
    Hmm... if you're saying what I think you are, that's a big downer for me. To be clear, when you say rolls with a "rod" in the middle, do you mean the ones that are pretty much the standard bags sold at pet stores everywhere? I pretty much always use Bags on Board or the PetsMart house brand. They have a plastic tube in the middle. I was hoping Tom's pin would work with that style of bag roll similarly to how a toilet paper holder works with the toilet paper roll.

For reference, I just measured one of the leftover tubes, and it looks like it's a hair bigger than 1/4" inner diameter.
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-30-2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Bags on Board DO fit in the Citizen Canine.

I'm also currently using the Bags on Board bags, so I hope they can be made to work! I'll only use the bags in the CC as backup for the ones attached to their leashes, but compatibility would be nice.
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, Bags on Board work. I thought by "rod" marbenais meant a solid rod. If you're talking about bags that have a tube in the middle that are designed to be loaded into other dog poop bag holders, yes, those will work in the Citizen Canine. In fact, the Citizen Canine was designed around the Bags on Board bags, but then we discovered BioBags On A Roll, thought those were pretty cool, and decided to offer them.

Oh! I'm sorry for the confusion. I mean the tube. My brain is dead because exams are next week :-( Yay! I'd love to use the BioBags but they are, even in bulk, significantly more expensive than the biodegradable bags we've been using and already have a stockpile of, so . . . :-/ But I'm very glad they will work!
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Great news! Thanks! Like marbenais, we have an extensive stockpile of Bag on Boards & the generic PetSmart version.

(And, now I see where you specified that these bags will work earlier. Derpy me.)
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

OK, someone help me here.

Back when I was a kid living at home with my folks, whenever we took our dog out for a walk, we KNEW it was to let the dog take care of his business.

How is it, that people take can their dog out for a walk, and then look surprised when the dog poops? HELLO! I don't get it.
    ncb4 likes this.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    How is it, that people take can their dog out for a walk, and then look surprised when the dog poops? HELLO! I don't get it.
    I gotta say, sometimes we're those people. We're walking the corgs around and they each drop a couple big old bombs, and we think there is no way there could be any more poop. And then, BOOM! more poop. At least we always have tons of poo bags on us, but still: I imagine we look surprised. And possibly disgusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    At least we always have tons of poo bags on us, but still: I imagine we look surprised.
    That would be us. Sometimes we'll be out for an hour and no bags are used, sometimes several are used in a few minutes. Since we put the used bags in a small stuff sack (so we don't have to hold them AND the leash while walking), someone might think that we are surprised at the event itself, not at the recurrence of it.
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    so, is it just me, or could the citizen canine be made into a bag for carrying a point and shoot camera (in the treat pocket), a tom bihn wallet, an iphone, earbuds, and keys?
    My thought was a little different, but I think in the same spirit: gardening gloves, small notepad, pen, wallet, iPod Nano, headphones, keys, and a roll of reused plastic bags in the bottom for picking up litter when I go for walks.
    Smart Alec, Cadet (11/i), Little Swift, Field Journal Notebook, Organizer Pouches, Organizer Wallet, Yarn Stuff Sacks, Key Straps, Snake Charmer, Zipper Pulls, Strapeez

Quote Originally Posted by wyldrose View Post
    My thought was a little different, but I think in the same spirit: gardening gloves, small notepad, pen, wallet, iPod Nano, headphones, keys, and a roll of reused plastic bags in the bottom for picking up litter when I go for walks.
    The Citizen Canine is a Mini Cafe Bag (sans flap)

All Citizen Canine backorders have shipped! It's now in-stock, but we are really low on some colors. Thankfully, our factory is starting to make more tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    OK, someone help me here.

Back when I was a kid living at home with my folks, whenever we took our dog out for a walk, we KNEW it was to let the dog take care of his business.

I think I've only been caught off guard twice. In my defense, I had bags but not enough. Sometimes it seems like you have two left on the roll and there is only one. Other times the dogs decided just once wasn't enough. But at least I felt bad about it. I never plan to not pick up after them. I really can't understand why some people do.
    Owner of : Imago, Aeronaut, Brain Bag, Smart Alec, Synapse, Co-Pilot

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0