Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: New: Citizen Canine

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We're working on a blog post and an email to all folks with Citizen Canine bags about this to be published/sent out soon. Here it is:

Third Times the Charm
    or
    Not All Poop Bags are Created Equal

The Citizen Canine was developed to use commonly available rolls of plastic dog waste bags ("Bags of Board" and similar), and we wanted to include a roll of bags so everyone would see how the bags load and also could start using the Citizen Canine right away. As we were about to release the Citizen Canine, we came across BioBags - similar in function to the standard plastic waste bags but compostable. We thought that was pretty cool and are always eager to support a green alternative whenever available. We tested the BioBags in the Citizen Canine and thought they worked pretty good.

However, as we've used them more and more, we've discovered that BioBags will sometimes jam up in the dispensing mechanism inside the Citizen Canine, and are harder to load on to the dispenser than the non-compostable variety of bag. This was very sad indeed, as we really think that otherwise BioBags work great. (The good news is that the BioBag folks are working on a new way the bags get rolled and hopes to have these available in early 2012: as soon as they are available we'll be testing them.)

We then started shipping the Citizen Canine with a roll of generic brand of plastic dog waste bags. These initially seemed to work OK. On further review, we found the perforations that separate the bags varied greatly from roll to roll: those perforations on some rolls were not adequate to allow the bags to be torn apart easily.

So, we're back to square one and will be shipping the Citizen Canine with the original "Bags on Board" brand bags starting the week of January 16th 2012.

Now, if you've already received your Citizen Canine and it came with BioBags or un-branded, generic bags, no need to fret: just give us a call (1-800-729-9607) or email (customerservice@tombihn.com) if you'd like us to send out a roll of "Bags on Board" at no charge. And if you've found either of these bags work to your satisfaction, more power to you!
    Last edited by Darcy; 01-06-2012 at 02:23 PM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I, too, had trouble with the BioBags and the mechanism (both pulling them off and putting them on). I also had trouble getting them to close after use . . . not a problem I like having, so we went back to our previous similar-to-Bags-on-Board rolls. Do you know how the new BioBags will roll?
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black (C) & black/UV & aubergine/UV (B) Side Effects, steel/UV Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive (C) & black/UV (D) LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/UV (C) & steel/UV (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

I have a lot of Bags on Board, so I'm fine, but I'd happily test the new biobags if you guys need any more field testers (though I'm sure you have plenty of dog people right there!)
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    Do you know how the new BioBags will roll?
    I don't know. We'll share the details with you as soon as we receive the first samples.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

The Citizen Canine I gave as a gift to my friend in Michigan was a huge hit... more than I imagined! She uses it weekly with Davey, her Chihuahua, at their agility class. She said it was much admired, and that several people were going to order their own. Yay! I love TB enabling.
    Darcy and backpack like this.
    --------
    Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Co-Pilot, Super Ego, Ego, Imago, Swifts (both sizes), Citizen Canines, Shop Bags (both sizes), Cache (iPad mini), Side Effects, Snake Charmer, Organizer Cubes, Kit, Lights, Packing Cubes, Stuff Sacks, Organizer Pouches, Travel Trays.

dlg
    I wish this existed six months ago before I trashed out my chalk bag to take the pup to obedience class :[

I gave the Citizen Canine to my Mom and my sister (a golden retriever) for Christmas. I shouldn't be, but I still am surprised by the quality of Bihn bags. This little bag is so well put together and thought out that it is simply a pleasure to just hold. It's been a big hit with both humans and dogs in my family. Really a homerun of a product.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0