Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By backpack
  • 1 Post By Katy
  • 1 Post By TXGirl
  • 1 Post By Just
  • 1 Post By Walker
  • 1 Post By dorayme

Thread: How my beautiful UV Synapse helped break a fall.

How my beautiful UV Synapse helped break a fall.

Yesterday, I took buses and metro to do some errands.

When I was almost at my destination, I stepped out of the sidewalk into what I though was a curb.

It turned out to be an unmarked storm drain.

I stepped in and the almost vertical slope of the storm drain, twisted my right ankle and caused me to fall on my right side.

My beautiful UV Synapse, held on my left shoulder helped slow the fall down and as a result I am only bruised and stiff on my right side, especially from the ankle to to the thigh and my elbow.

The 16oz Lifefactory Bottle in its pocket is intact.

The Synapse not worse from wear. My Small Cafe Bag protected my phone held in its Pink Medium Clear Pouch between bus/metro timetables and a Small Organizer Pouch full of fabric material.

Synapse = TARDIS Bodyguard!
    TavaPeak and Blaze like this.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    TARDIS Bodyguard!

Eep! I'm glad you're ok!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

backpack, glad you weren't hurt more than you were. Also, glad your Synapse didn't suffer any damage. I Hope your soreness eases up soon!
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Volunteer Moderator
    Yikes! I'm glad you're okay! Are you in America? You can sue, you know! :P

Glad you are okay. And your Synapse, too. You take care.

Oh no. Take care in resting and healing up. Spills like that can feel horrible for some time. I'm glad you weren't more seriously injured, thank goodness you had some cushion for you fall and you didn't hit your head.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

I am indeed in the U.S and will write a letter to the city in question to ask them to clearly mark storm drains.

It turns out I have a tiny bump in my head.

I believe I will be asking for Hannuka and Feel Better Gooddies.

Some of them in Azalea
    Last edited by backpack; 11-15-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Last year I had the bright idea to visit the mall after a bad snow and ice storm. Traveling to and fro was fine, but while walking out of the mall entrance to my car I slipped on a patch of ice and completely lost all control. I looked like a seizing octopus, flailing wildly on what felt like 2 minutes in my mind, but was less than a mili second. I did hit my head as well as twisted my back and ankle in my failed attempts to control myself and not hit my head. I share this to say, day 2 is worse than the day of/after and also to say pain killers are your friend.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Last year I had the bright idea to visit the mall after a bad snow and ice storm. Traveling to and fro was fine, but while walking out of the mall entrance to my car I slipped on a patch of ice and completely lost all control. I looked like a seizing octopus, flailing wildly on what felt like 2 minutes in my mind, but was less than a mili second. I did hit my head as well as twisted my back and ankle in my failed attempts to control myself and not hit my head. I share this to say, day 2 is worse than the day of/after and also to say pain killers are your friend.
    So sorry, Dorayme I hate to think of you being hurt. You didn''t have any kidlet with you did you?

Well today was day 2 and I just napped when I felt like it, drank a lot of natural soda from my Lifefactory bottle and ate three time as much as I usually do.

I also forced myself to walk back and forth and bend my right knee and move my right side.

Sounds like you have a treatment plan that's going to work for you. Surprisingly, I was solo. I wasn't carrying anybody or holding anybody's hand. That would have been so much worse to have dragged or dropped my kid onto icy pavement.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0