Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Confusion Reigns! Help clear the cobwebs before the dough goes elsewhere...

So Scattered, I'm curious what you've decided. Which will be your every day casual bag (thx for explaining!) and which will be your elephant dog cat bag?

misterN – Thank you for the photos; seeing the Cadet filled with “stuff” does help. I now understand what you meant in your other Cadet posts about the the Cardinal color; it does seem brighter in your photos than I would have expected.

Jeffmac – Thanks for letting me know the Cadet would probably stay fairly stiff even without a laptop inside. That’s very good to know.

Doh – I briefly considered the Buzz; however, I find the cross-body carrying a little uncomfortable and fairly inconvenient getting in and out of the car everyday and for meetings. Also, it’s not quite professional looking enough for client meetings.

Wennefer – I do have a couple of organizer pouches I’m using with my current Levenger leather messenger bag. I don’t mind using them for miscellaneous smaller stuff I don’t use all the time (multi-tool, tape measure, gum), but I want to be able to keep often-used items (wallet, iPhone, and camera) in a pocket where I can grab them easily, yet know they’re still secure. I’ll be giving more consideration to whether using pouches a bit more could work for me.

Tlacltme – Life got in the way and I haven’t had time to think about bag choices, never mind make a decision. Right now, I’m debating between the ID and Cadet to purchase for myself as my “need all my stuff at work today” bag. It's between the Imago and a Ristretto as the bag on my Christmas list for those “I can travel to work light" days.

I’ll keep checking this thread in case anyone else cares to chime in with advice and information. I’ll also post if/when I finally come to a decision!
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

I bought the Synapse in Black and Steel for my EDC bag. I currently have in it: small first aid kit, gum, breath freshener, sun glasses and interchangeable lense kit, Android smart phone, travel umbrella, iPad and all of its accessories in a InCase Travel Kit Plus (Amazon.com: Incase CL57513 Travel Kit Plus - Black: Electronics), lunch, 25 fl. oz water bottle, asst. pens & pencils, and a mini flashlight. I carry this bag to work and have also taken in on short trips, such as my trip to NY City last week. I have carried all of this minus the lunch and had room for my gym clothes instead on days hen I can spend time relaxing with a long workout. The black gives it a formal almost business appearance while still being a backpack for ease of carrying. This was great in NYC where a side carry bag would get in the way in crowds.
    Smart Alec (Black/Steel/Steel), Brain Cell (size 5), Super Ego (Black/Black/Steel), Synapse (Black/Steel), Dyneema Organizer Pouch (Steel), Travel Tray (Steel), 2011 Mystery Gift (Cork), 2012 Mystery Gift (Navy/Nordic), Organizer Wallet (Navy), Kit (Steel), 3D Clear Organizer Cube (Steel), Mesh Ballistic Organizer Pouch (Med.), Gate Keeper Straps, 2013 Mystery Gift

Thanks to all of you for your comments. Especially jeffmac and misterN whose posts with their personal Cadet experiences shed some light on questions that I had about the Cadet. Last night I finally had a chance to call and place an order with Katy, and I went with a 13/15 Cadet in Black/Iberian with an Absolute strap. It will probably be my everyday bag, at least for a while. I'll put my iPad in the oversized for it Cache on typical days and swap it for my 15" MacBook Pro when I need the laptop. If I need a bunch of other stuff but not the laptop, I'll pull out the Cache to make a little extra room. I've put a Small Cafe Bag on my Christmas list. Although, I still have this strange yearning for a Ristretto for iPad. Somehow, I have the odd feeling this won't be my last Tom Bihn order! No, I must go back to work - have to earn some bucks to pay for my Tom Bihn predilection!
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Welcome to the addiction...I mean club Scattered!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0