Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Introducing the Cadet laptop briefcase

Quote Originally Posted by ShineAgain View Post
    Sorry guys, the Cadet doesn't scratch the itch.... I'm still holding out for a Pilot.... A bit larger and I could carry my 13" MacBook Pro and iPad in a pocket the width of the current Co-Pilot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    Yes: me too. Would like a Co-Pilot with about an inch longer--that should do it. Will fit regular sized paper comfortably; and also the 13inch MacBook Air or Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by 123veo View Post
    Sigh, I third the opinion. I love the design of the co-pilot so much - it is a brilliant multifunctional design with a very retro-cool look.... Still waiting for the pilot...
    Quote Originally Posted by bennero View Post
    Fourth the opinion. I love my Co-Pilot, I just need it a bit bigger to hold my Macbook Pro 13 inch and then you have the perfect bag. I carry my Co-Pilot everyday to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShineAgain View Post
    I happen to be a big-time fan of the Co-Pilot to carry my iPad 2 and much other stuff with me internationally. The thickness of the thing gives me a lot of latitude in use...unfortunately it's just not long enough to carry my 13" MacBook Pro in a Tom Bihn Sleeve. If it were a bit longer, I could carry both iPad and MacBook together nicely! My suspicion is that a large segment of the laptop market (Mac and PC) has migrated toward smaller (13" and less) computers. I think if I were in this business, I would want to know how much of a market there is for 15" vs 13" products and cater manufacturing with that in mind. While it may be 'safer' to build cases that house both 13" and 15" laptops, it's just not as sexy.... The Cadet is nice; but it's not in the Co-Pilot design!
    Agree, agree, agree. And also:

Quote Originally Posted by BagMonkey View Post
    Here are some things I would offer for consideration for the Cadet 2.0 (Lieutenant?): water bottle holder, which can double as an umbrella holder.
    What made me fall in love with the Co-Pilot the instant I saw the first picture was the very convenient way of carrying one and only one quart-sized water bottle, *balanced*. That's what I needed. Especially when traveling, but everyday too.

So I'll keep using my trusty Co-Pilot. It's just a tiny bit smaller than I'd like:

* If it were even 1/8" wider, my Sony Vaio Z would fit easily with its minimalist Ultrasuede sleeve. Rather than fitting easily with no sleeve, and inconveniently tightly with sleeve.

* I use my Side Effect as a purse. When traveling, I like to put my purse in my small carry-on and make that my personal item. My Side Effect does fit into one of the side pockets (I mean the either-side-of-the-water-bottle pockets) of the Co-Pilot -- but it's a squeeze.

Ideal for me would be a Dyneema bag that has the same design as the Co-Pilot but is just a little big bigger.

I really, really like the Cadet (I have the 15") but there are definitely some minor irritations. I haven't yet figured out the best place to keep the ginormous Mac power supply, for one. Also, my iPhone in its Otterbox doesn't fit into the iPhone slot. But I still like the briefcase.
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0