Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Introducing the Cadet laptop briefcase

Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    Unless I don't understand the concept fully,the fact that the Cache stays connected to the Cadet does not seem like a huge feature to me?

I guess I just don't get it?

It seems either way I am just pulling the computer out,putting it in a Tub and then being attentive like a Hawk till it has returned to the bag.
    With a checkpoint friendly case, like the Cadet, your computer doesn't have to go "in a tub." It just slides out but stays inside it's cache connected to the bag.(Just like the Checkpoint Flyer.) TSA knows what they are, no need to explain. It's one less thing to think about.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank II View Post
    With a checkpoint friendly case, like the Cadet, your computer doesn't have to go "in a tub." It just slides out but stays inside it's cache connected to the bag.(Just like the Checkpoint Flyer.) TSA knows what they are, no need to explain. It's one less thing to think about.
    Maybe in a Perfect World this is how it would work but I have yet to fly through that scenario.
    I always have to unload almost everything,they seem interested in it all.

Maybe I bring too much?.....Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by falconea View Post
    Can we have information on the inside dimensions? What size paper fits in? Does the 15/13 hold A3 paper? It sounds as though it might and that would be soooo useful!

Does the smaller one hold A4?

And how thick a wad of paper will fit?
    Can anyone give me this information?

Audrey

I work at TOM BIHN
    Quote Originally Posted by falconea View Post
    Can anyone give me this information?

Audrey

Hi Audrey! Both the 15/13 Cadet and the 11/iPad Cadet will fit a legal pad, which means that A4 paper should fit nicely too. As for how thick a stack/notebook will fit, it looks like about 1/2 an inch for the smaller Cadet, and maybe as much as an inch or more in the larger Cadet.

Well, I finally took the plunge, I just ordered one! Can't wait
    Jenne and misterN like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilar View Post
    What color did you choose, and what size? Hope it arrives soon.

Congrats! You will enjoy it.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Me, too. One in each size. Along with a bunch of other stuff I hadn't intended to buy...
    Jenne likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BagMonkey View Post
    Me, too. One in each size. Along with a bunch of other stuff I hadn't intended to buy...
    Wow nice! I really want to see if I could handle the 11" size. Has anyone with a 13" MBA or MBP tried it with the 11" Cadet yet?

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

I bought the 11" size in cardinal/steel, I hope it arrives soon too

Quote Originally Posted by misterN View Post
    Wow nice! I really want to see if I could handle the 11" size. Has anyone with a 13" MBA or MBP tried it with the 11" Cadet yet?
    I will try it with my wife's 13" MB (not pro), provided that she does not kill me first for ordering yet another bag. I know the regular MB isn't the same as the above, but it will at least be another data point.

BagMonkey...I love your handle ! Looking forward to the report on this...you can tell your wife it was my fault!

I have the smaller Cadet and plan to do a review in the next few days. My initial reaction is....well, you'll have to wait.
    Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers. http://www.1bag1world.com

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

13" MacBook Pro fits the smaller Cadet just fine.

I have the smaller Cadet, and my 13" MacBook Pro fits in it just fine. It won't fit; however, in a sleeve. I've hauled the thing back and forth to work without any problems. It's padded on the front, back and bottom, just doesn't offer much protection on the sides. I also carry my iPad 2 in the sleeve right next to the MBP, and there's plenty of room and protection for my comfort.
    I have an Aeronaut (Black/Iberian), Brain Bag (Black/Steel) Smart Alec (Black/Black/Steel), 2 Cadets for iPad (Black/Steel) and (Steel/Solar), 2 Co-Pilots (Steel/Solar) and (Black/Steel), Imago (Black/Black/Steel), plus a Vertical Brain Cell, Vertical Freudian Slip, Packing Cubes, Organizer Pouches, 2 RFID Blocking Passport Pouches, iPad Cache, Snake Charmer, Organizer Wallet, and plethora of other accessories! Man,what does it take to get on the FOT list?

Just ordered one for myself last night - the black/iberian combination for a 15" MacBook Pro with the Absolute Strap - which will match my first Tom Bihn bag, an Aeronaut I purchased back in March. I hope to receive next Thursday, provided the gods of delivery are kind!
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0