Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Introducing the Cadet laptop briefcase

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Right now he's using either an...and I'm not sure how professional either one of those bags look.
    the cadet definitely looks very professional! in additional to being highly functional, its simple and sleek lines make it look very sharp!

fair warning: like other tom bihn bags, it is really hard to not look at it, specially when you first get it. so don't give it to your son at a time that he has a deadline he's working towards. a new tom bihn bag can affect your productivity. i'm sitting here working, and can't help but turn my head again and again and admire the cadet!
    Jenne likes this.
    -m

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    the cadet definitely looks very professional! in additional to being highly functional, its simple and sleek lines make it look very sharp!

fair warning: like other tom bihn bags, it is really hard to not look at it, specially when you first get it. so don't give it to your son at a time that he has a deadline he's working towards. a new tom bihn bag can affect your productivity. i'm sitting here working, and can't help but turn my head again and again and admire the cadet!
    Poor maverick: I hope you don't have a deadline! (And you made me laugh.)

~Nancy

So, um, yeah, now I have a 15" MBP. Guess I need a Cadet now.
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
    So, um, yeah, now I have a 15" MBP. Guess I need a Cadet now.
    Oooooh! Congratulations on the New 15" MBP!!! .
    Jenne likes this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Oooooh! Congratulations on the New 15" MBP!!! .
    +1! Congratulations!
    Jenne likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    Anyone have the little Cadet (the 11/ipad version) yet? Thoughts on it?
    Just received the shipping notification for an 11in MBAir Cadet. Will be here next Thursday - the joys of living on the opposite side of the country! Worst part is I will be out of town and not be qble to see and play with it until the following Monday......

Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    Just received the shipping notification for an 11in MBAir Cadet. Will be here next Thursday - the joys of living on the opposite side of the country! Worst part is I will be out of town and not be qble to see and play with it until the following Monday......
    Oh no! We can't have that! When are you leaving for your trip?

I am truly grateful I have switched over to a 17" MBP recently just to avoid the temptation!!!
    Jenne likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    I am truly grateful I have switched over to a 17" MBP recently just to avoid the temptation!!!
    That is one way to look at it!

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Volunteer Moderator
    the 17" mbp is quite something! i've used a 17" powerbook back in the day, but am currently using the 13" macbook air and was using the 11" macbook air before that. when i was using the 11" macbook air, i remember handling a 17" macbook pro, and it felt huge!

so darcy, just for avservice, can we make a cadet that will accommodate the 17" macbook pro?

Cool

Oh no! We can't have that! When are you leaving for your trip?
    Way too early Wednesday morning!

Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    Way too early Wednesday morning!
    Your Cadet will arrive on Tuesday .

Your Cadet will arrive on Tuesday .
    Thanks so much!!! Not at all necessary but I really appreciate it. You and the rest of the TB crew are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    the 17" mbp is quite something! i've used a 17" powerbook back in the day, but am currently using the 13" macbook air and was using the 11" macbook air before that. when i was using the 11" macbook air, i remember handling a 17" macbook pro, and it felt huge!

so darcy, just for avservice, can we make a cadet that will accommodate the 17" macbook pro?
    My 13" started giving me trouble while on an out of town job and I had the 17" with me for some Windows software I needed but I had yet to decide if I really wanted to go "That Big"?

I needed to transfer my software Key for the automation control I was working with to something so the 17" stepped up.

It does seem and feel HUGE compared to the 13" and the 11" I was also carrying but my software compile times went from 47 minutes whenever I made any change at all down to under 4 minutes with the 17" breathing fire!

Had I had any inkling of the speed difference I would have switched long before or found a 15" equal to the task but I got an unbelievable deal on the 17" and it goes in the SE or Tri-Star so I can get excited about that!

I also really like the added resolution and space in all ways the 17" provides but the 6lb boat anchor like weight is taking getting used to.

Maybe the right 15" would be perfect?!?

Ed

Volunteer Moderator
    My 13" started giving me trouble while on an out of town job and I had the 17" with me for some Windows software I needed but I had yet to decide if I really wanted to go "That Big"?

I needed to transfer my software Key for the automation control I was working with to something so the 17" stepped up.

It does seem and feel HUGE compared to the 13" and the 11" I was also carrying but my software compile times went from 47 minutes whenever I made any change at all down to under 4 minutes with the 17" breathing fire!

Had I had any inkling of the speed difference I would have switched long before or found a 15" equal to the task but I got an unbelievable deal on the 17" and it goes in the SE or Tri-Star so I can get excited about that!

I also really like the added resolution and space in all ways the 17" provides but the 6lb boat anchor like weight is taking getting used to.

Maybe the right 15" would be perfect?!?

Ed
    i loved the size of the 11", but my eyes are getting older and the 13" provides a good compromise.

i think i would be tempted by a 15" macbook air.

it's funny that the weight of the 17" seems so unreasonable now - we are so spoiled! i had a toshiba tecra back in the day that probably weighed 8 lbs and was over 2" thick!

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0