Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Introducing the Cadet laptop briefcase

Question Why is the price the same?

Seems that the 11 inch should cost less than the fifteen inch.
    Also why buy the 11 inch Cadet for $140(minus cache) when you can get the CoPilot for $110. Both are about the same size.

Other than that, I like the fact there are two versions for two different types of users.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

I have a tracking number but Monday seems so far away...

Bpritchard, I actually asked about the price difference between the Copilot and the Cadet and Darcy informed me that the Cadet has foam in all sections of the bag and that, and some other features, makes it more labor intensive to build than the Co-Pilot.

Hee, I'm very excited about the Cadet! I had decided that I needed a small bag and wanted something briefcase-style because it's such a pain to work with a bag that won't stand up. (And it will look all professional for my upcoming job hunt.) But I had been dithering about ordering the Zephyr, because I was worried that it was too big. Then I saw the announcement about a new small briefcase, so I got excited and decided to hold off making a decision until it was released. But such a fuss was made about it being for Macs* that I wasn't all that optimistic. (Really, I was expecting it to be a MBP version of the Breve.) Then I saw the pictures and got more excited. Then I read about the included cache and got less excited. Then I read that that cache could be opted-out of and got more excited again. (Goodness, what a rollercoaster.) Now I just need to decide between Black/Solar and Black/Iberian.

*I mean no disrespect to the Macs or their fans. They're lovely machines and I totally understand why people like them. But I don't own any Apple devices other than an iPod Nano** and the next smallest computer I work with would require something at least the size of the Tri-Star, so the laptop thing isn't much of a selling point for me. Just wanted to make sure my little demographic got heard from.

**I currently keep my Nano and its headphones in a mini Dyneema pouch, but if Tom felt like making something the same size with a zipper on the short side and a grommet hole just big enough for a headphone cable could fit through, I would totally buy one.
    Smart Alec, Cadet (11/i), Little Swift, Field Journal Notebook, Organizer Pouches, Organizer Wallet, Yarn Stuff Sacks, Key Straps, Snake Charmer, Zipper Pulls, Strapeez

Jeffmac.
    That makes sense. I then re-read everything carefully and noticed the foam mentioned. So, with the foam, the additional sleeve is probably not needed.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Can we have information on the inside dimensions? What size paper fits in? Does the 15/13 hold A3 paper? It sounds as though it might and that would be soooo useful!

Does the smaller one hold A4?

And how thick a wad of paper will fit?

Audrey

So who else besides Jeff and myself are expecting Cadets today?

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

misterN and jeffmac, what size and color Cadet are you expecting?

I am expecting a 15/13 Cardinal/Steel Cadet. I've also got a Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut in that order ^.^

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Yummy! The 11/ipad in Cardinal is exactly what I've got my eye on. I'm really curious what you'll have to say about it. Isn't it amazing to think that a week ago we didn't even know the Cadet existed?!
    moriond likes this.

Indeed. The TB workers have been AMAZING in getting this rolled out so fast to us. Super impressed by that. To be honest though, I was very tempted to order it in the 11" variety and see if I could have gotten my 13" Air into it. The Exterior dimensions look like I would have been able to make it fit tightly--but I wouldn't have minded that. My Super Ego is a HUGE bag--I want the Cardinal to feel smaller than it. We'll see how it works out when I get it.

I have a Navy and Solar 15/13 on the truck. I really waffled on getting the 11" because I do more and more with just my iPad but I couldn't quite make the leap.

TB has done an exceptional job (as usual!) on the whole process!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac View Post
    I have a Navy and Solar 15/13 on the truck. I really waffled on getting the 11" because I do more and more with just my iPad but I couldn't quite make the leap.

TB has done an exceptional job (as usual!) on the whole process!
    I was waffling between Navy/Solar and my Cardinal/Steel.

OK, sorry to be absent so long on landing day but my eldest daughter invited me over for dinner and family trumps even bags for me.

Name:  stuff shrunk.jpg
Views: 986
Size:  174.8 KB

I went with the Navy/Solar as I have always had a vague bit of regret about going with a Tristar that didn't have a high contrast interior (crimson and steel). Construction is the normal silly TB exceptionally perfect. I thought I found a loose thread...I was wrong.

The Cache system makes sense now that I have actually played with it and I think it will work very well. I will check the TSA-ness of it in the next week or two.

Love the cell phone pocket, and the front organizational stuff. I managed to get my MBP Pro 13, an ipad in a case, a 7 inch android tablet in a ballistic case, a medium and two small TB pouches, Mac power supply, travel mouse and various pens and stuff all inside comfortably.

Love the look, love the hue of the Navy and I am sorry I can't take pictures like misterN...

Full review coming soon!

Nice quickie review Jeff! I have a video that I'm going to upload overnight--but I probably won't post it due to the fact that I said "um" or "uh" about 100 times in 5 minutes. I'm keeping the Cardinal. It's something that is unique and I without a doubt will be able to find my computer bag quite quickly from now on!
    jeffmac likes this.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0