Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Introducing the Cadet laptop briefcase

mjo

Can 11 inch cadet hold a 13 inch macbookpro if you choose not to use the cache?

Hi darcy, i was wondering if you can squeeze in a 13 inch mbp into the 11 inch cadet if you go commando into it , so without the cache paddin. Can you try that and post a picture? Would also like to see a picture of the back of the cadet. Thank you very much in advance...

Hello everyone and hellloooo cadet!

Though not new to Tom Bihn, I am new to the forum. I have always LOVED the atmosphere/vibe of this forum and really enjoy the chuckles I get from some comments My first TB bag was my precious Super Ego that I got back in 2009, along with a Brain Cell. An Id stumbled upon my doorstep about a year ago now with various pouches and accessories (Who wouldn't take them in?). Haha, so as daily carrying needs change, there happens to be tension between the two bags--much like the tension between our ideals and basic drives (also love the naming!). Anyways, just wanted to swing by and say hello.

Spidey

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Like all of our bags, the Cadet can be used by both men and women, but it's definitely not a purse. It's a briefcase.
    But I can use is as my carry all with a MBP! I always manage to use a bag for multiple purposes...

(My side effect is my "purse"!)

Cheers!
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Like all of our bags, the Cadet can be used by both men and women, but it's definitely not a purse. It's a briefcase.

The Cadet doesn't have a waist belt, or waist belt attachment points.

And! We might even be shipping out some Cadet pre-orders by the middle of next week...
    Really looking forward to seeing pictures of it loaded up in various configurations. I still have a laptop currently, but it's regulated to desktop duty for the time being right now. Really comparing this to an ID since I don't yet know whether or not if I'll need bike-carry-capability and how formal I'll need to go.

Good looking bag - I was one of the finders of it on Tuesday (just had to know where to look ... hehe!) and it's continuing to grow on me!
    Expat living in Japan
    iPad Ristretto Aeronaut Synapse Lg Shop Bag lots of little accessory pouches - straps - and other goodies!
    Flickr Blog
    Now ... what else do I "need" ...

I really like this and I need a briefcase, but I think I'll hold out for steel/ultraviolet. Do you think that will be happening? (Meanwhile, I also need an Ego after borrowing my son's to test it on my new bike.)
    Last edited by Jenne; 11-03-2011 at 09:39 PM.
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    At this point, we don't plan to add a Cadet with Ultraviolet lining, but who knows? Maybe someday. And congratulations on the new bike!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by mjo View Post
    Hi darcy, i was wondering if you can squeeze in a 13 inch mbp into the 11 inch cadet if you go commando into it , so without the cache paddin. Can you try that and post a picture? Would also like to see a picture of the back of the cadet. Thank you very much in advance...
    Yes -- a 13" MBP without a Cache will fit in the 11/iPad Cadet. Photos soon!
    maverick and mjo like this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

GAH! I was wondering the same thing for my 13" Air

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Volunteer Moderator
    Yes -- a 13" MBP without a Cache will fit in the 11/iPad Cadet. Photos soon!
    ooh - this is intriguing! so, there is padding in the cadet itself. you would lose the checkpoint friendly feature of the cadet cache, but you would still have padding for your 13" mbp (or mba).

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    ooh - this is intriguing! so, there is padding in the cadet itself. you would lose the checkpoint friendly feature of the cadet cache, but you would still have padding for your 13" mbp (or mba).
    You would, but the padding isn't fitted to the laptop like it is if the laptop is in the Cache. Also, there isn't any padding on the top. And any items placed in the main compartment with the Cache-less laptop could bump or scratch the laptop. (Magazines, etc. aren't a worry but something like cords or power supplies might be.) So, it's not really ideal, but we know some folks will put their Cache-less laptops in there and be OK with that level of protection.

Volunteer Moderator
    You would, but the padding isn't fitted to the laptop like it is if the laptop is in the Cache. Also, there isn't any padding on the top. And any items placed in the main compartment with the Cache-less laptop could bump or scratch the laptop. (Magazines, etc. aren't a worry but something like cords or power supplies might be.) So, it's not really ideal, but we know some folks will put their Cache-less laptops in there and be OK with that level of protection.
    that's very helpful, darcy! thanks for the clarification!
    mjo likes this.
    -m

Thanks for the information Darcy! I guess I'll see how large the bag is in person when I get it on Monday. (Sadface at UPS not delivering on Saturdays.) The one thing I was a bit concerned about with getting the 15/13 version was how large the bag was going to be as a whole and how much extra room I would have in the main compartment. My 13" Air still is a pretty small computer compared to a lot of other 13" computers.

The hard part of it will be me not taking it out of the house.

>.<

Darcy: Does anyone at TB have the 13" Air they could try to fit in there? I'm assuming it'll be pretty much 100% similar to the 13" MB/MBP, but still.
    Last edited by misterN; 11-04-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
    I really like this and I need a briefcase, but I think I'll hold out for steel/ultraviolet. Do you think that will be happening? (Meanwhile, I also need an Ego after borrowing my son's to test it on my new bike.)
    Jenne, what kind of bike is it?

keb
    Hmmm... Just looked at the Cadet pics and realized the third bag is a Zephyr, not an EB.

So the 15/13 Cadet will actually fit inside the main compartment of an Empire Builder as an alternative to a Brain Cell?

Overkill I realize, but the interchangeable possibilities are half the fun.

Also... what size magazines/folders are we talking about for the inside pocket of the main compartment of the 15/13? Super thin, or with a little heft?
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by keb View Post
    So the 15/13 Cadet will actually fit inside the main compartment of an Empire Builder as an alternative to a Brain Cell?
    this makes me think of a russian doll bagging scenario -
    * 11" macbook air inside of the cadet cache.
    * cadet cache inside of the 11/ipad cadet.
    * 11/ipad cadet inside of the zephyr.
    * zephyr inside of the aeronaut.
    -m

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0