Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Introducing the Cadet laptop briefcase

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I'm still working on my excuse..

First it was: It will match my Tri-Star! Then I realized I use my Brain Cell with my Tri-Star so that wasn't a good enough excuse.

Current excuse: Because it's Navy!!!
    And see, I looked very hard for a steel/ultraviolet combo but saw none. . . Yes my pouting lip out. Perhaps one day I will have a MacBook.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hmm, here's a photo I forgot to share until now...

I have no compelling reason to buy a briefcase, but if this black bag had an ultraviolet dyneema lining, it will totally have my name on it :
    dorayme likes this.

keb
    On further review... that is one freaking awesome bag...
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

Not only are the Cadets awesome!

Tom, Darcy and Kathy were working really, really, really hard to make the pictures happen while redesigning the brand new gorgeous header, so big thank you to all 3!

Brian and Eliam are soon going to be innudated with new holidays orders coming and everybody is going to keep the Factory Crew really busy.

Much Thanks to everybody for making bag announcements and shopping so much fun!

Warm Hugs to all for the chilly days ahead!

PS: Love the Likes but found a grammatical error.
    Last edited by backpack; 11-03-2011 at 07:02 AM.
    maverick and Maria like this.

It looks like I'm going to have to redesign my signature again...
    Katy and jaon like this.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

mjo
    I think it's the height of bigger cadet that causes it not to fit in the middle compartment of the tristar. I currently use an eastpak reboot for this purpose, it holds a 15 inch laptop and fits the middle compartment of tri star. But that bag has no o-rings and has zippers i dont really like. So i would opt for a medium sized cadet that is slightly wider....so it would fit mcbook pro 13 inch kind of laptops...and 15 inch laptops without cadet cache protection...

Quote Originally Posted by LiLin View Post
    I have no compelling reason to buy a briefcase, but if this black bag had an ultraviolet dyneema lining, it will totally have my name on it :
    I will second this thought!

That Ultraviolet is what I like!

I haven't been on the forum since this summer, but got an email introducing this briefcase -- so cool!!

Problem: I don't need a briefcase.
    Solution: Could I use it as a purse? (I don't carry a laptop around.) Maybe only in the winter, with pants? Not sure how this would look with a skirt...hmmmm...maybe not.

Apologies if this subject has been covered in previous posts.

**I really like that it doesn't have the messenger-bag-flap.**
    My little set of TB stuff:
    Western Flyer (steel/ultraviolet)
    Small Pouch (cork)
    Large Shop Bag (solar)
    packing cubes

Quote Originally Posted by thisisme View Post

Me too!

Oh welcome back!
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Quote Originally Posted by thisisme View Post
    I haven't been on the forum since this summer, but got an email introducing this briefcase -- so cool!!

Problem: I don't need a briefcase.
    Solution: Could I use it as a purse? (I don't carry a laptop around.) Maybe only in the winter, with pants? Not sure how this would look with a skirt...hmmmm...maybe not.

Apologies if this subject has been covered in previous posts.

Yessssssss I think it will work great with both pants and skirts, it's businessy but casual. This is my big thing, I currently carry my 15" MBP in a Brain Cell and the rest of my items in my Cafe Bag or Little Swift. I'm excited only carry one bag that isn't too large for the amount of items I carry . It's my new everyday bag
    Last edited by Katy; 11-03-2011 at 08:06 AM.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Yessssssss I think it will work great with both pants and skirts, it's businessy but casual. This is my big thing, I currently carry my 15" MBP in a Brain Cell and the rest of my items in my Cafe Bag or Little Swift. I'm excited only carry one bag that isn't too large for the amount of items I carry . It's my new everyday bag
    Hum? I should then add the 11" Cadet to my list...for when I need a "purse" with pockets, slim lines, room for items, without needing to carry my 15" MBP. (Not mad keen about messenger style flaps, so this could be the answer!)
    THEN I'll want an even smaller size for when the above is even too much!

(Note to Tom - there could be a new market here!)
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere yet. Does the Cadet have a waist belt? I can see this being useful for bicycle / urban hiking use.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Like all of our bags, the Cadet can be used by both men and women, but it's definitely not a purse. It's a briefcase.

The Cadet doesn't have a waist belt, or waist belt attachment points.

And! We might even be shipping out some Cadet pre-orders by the middle of next week...
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Like all of our bags, the Cadet can be used by both men and women, but it's definitely not a purse. It's a briefcase.

The Cadet doesn't have a waist belt, or waist belt attachment points.

And! We might even be shipping out some Cadet pre-orders by the middle of next week...
    Like x20!!!!!

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

TB & Company, you've done it again - created another great looking and practical bag. I finally have the funds for a new EDC bag, but you just keep confusing me as to which bag will be best. How do you choose when they all look great and each has a feature or two that would make life a bit easier?!? The Synapse, ID, Imago, and now Cadet all seem functional and feasible for what I need a new bag for, but I just can't seem to decide which is the best for me and place the order. I tried an Ego several months back, when the ID I thought I wanted was out of stock, but it was way too large and went back to Seattle so Katy and Eliam could find it another good home.

Anyway, I'll chime in with a few more questions about the 15/13 Cadet:

1. If bulkier items like a wallet and the chargers for the iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro are in the front pocket, do they cause the bag to bulge a lot, ruining the beautiful streamlined look of the bag? Or is there enough "slack" built into the construction of the front pocket to accommodate these kinds of bulky items?

2. Can the 15/13 Cadet hold a 15.4" MacBook Pro and an iPad at the same time? If so, with iPad in its own Cache (I have one, the older iPad 2 version that's a bit oversized)?

3. If there's a 15.4" MacBook Pro in the main section, is there still room for a 1" binder and a leather portfolio holding a notepad and a thin file folder or two?
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0