Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Two week car trip with kids and Tom Bihn- God save the Queen!

Two week car trip with kids and Tom Bihn- God save the Queen!

I have just ordered an Aeronaut specifically for a two week car trip coming up. It's a test round for next summer's trip to Ireland. (bought the bag in green- luck of the Irish and all) The trip will consist of aforementioned Aeronaut, my Imago, two kids, (which I home-school), multiple shop bags for home-schooling materials, Synapse, and strong coffee. We will be seeing some museums in Santa Fe (Synapse will be most helpful), on to West Texas for trick or treating (again, use of the shop bags), and then to San Antonio for further adventures.

Packing lists and Pic to come.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Cool. Let us know how everything goes. We're big on road trips here (more news -- and maybe some new designs -- on that later this year.) The Aeronaut makes a great road trip/car camping bag!
    ncb4 and dorayme like this.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Cool

Lacyfinn - save travels to all, and looking forward to reading about / seeing photos upon your return.

Darcy - you are a tease!
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Packing the Aeronaut

I would never have imagined that that bag could hold seven days of clothing for one adult and two kids. PLUS, two Halloween costumes. Yes, it all fit. Yes, I over packed.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

More pics of us and our Bihn Bags

Eldest daughter Aidan, always has her Field Journal with her. Noticed that chickens especially the rooster was interested.
    Youngest daughter drags (quite literally) her small cafe bag in punch, with zipper pouch especially for her Ipod.

What did I learn from our two weeks of travels? 1. I could have packed half of I what I did. 2. The synapse backpack can hold enough Halloween candy to feed a small third world country.

the last two

And the last two pics.

If I didn't already have an Aeronaut, I would buy one immediately.

Lacyfinn,

These pictures simultaneously made me want an Aeronaut AND green chile! Your children are adorable and although I have been gone from NM for 25 years you still made me homesick !

It looks like you had a great time!

I love seeing TB sported by kids. I haven't braved giving any to my kids yet. They are so rough on things and destructive. . . and I must have all of the TB bags. o.O
    But the more I see little people with Synapses, Cafe Bags, Field Journal Notebooks, Pouches, etc. . . the more I am tempted.
    Great pics, your trip looks awesome, and your daughters are beautiful!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Lovely, lovely, lovely pictures lacyfinn! Thank You for sharing!

Thank you everyone for the kind words, and yes the green chile was wonderful. Tia Sofia's on the plaza in Santa Fe- best lunch on the planet.

What a trip - and the kids certainly look like they had fun. Beautiful smiles, beautiful girls.
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Your daughters are absolutely lovely! And I love how Aidan is inseparable from her Field Journal. I don't have one yet, but reading about people's passion for theirs is making me reconsider that.

But my son may not thank you for your praise about the Aeronaut. I ordered one for him this summer as a gift, and it's been sitting here in its box awaiting his annual Christmas visit from Europe. (He spent four years in Edinburgh at the university, and is now doing a postdoc in Geneva, Switzerland. But he just made his airline reservations, and he'll be home on Dec. 7th. Hurray!) Meanwhile, I've had to pile bunches of stuff on top of the Aeronaut box to keep myself from remembering it's there, because it's whispering my name, telling me I could take it for my own and Evan would never be the wiser. I'm trying to be strong, but stories and photos like yours make it so hard for me to resist temptation.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Your daughters are absolutely lovely! And I love how Aidan is inseparable from her Field Journal. I don't have one yet, but reading about people's passion for theirs is making me reconsider that.

But my son may not thank you for your praise about the Aeronaut. I ordered one for him this summer as a gift, and it's been sitting here in its box awaiting his annual Christmas visit from Europe. (He spent four years in Edinburgh at the university, and is now doing a postdoc in Geneva, Switzerland. But he just made his airline reservations, and he'll be home on Dec. 7th. Hurray!) Meanwhile, I've had to pile bunches of stuff on top of the Aeronaut box to keep myself from remembering it's there, because it's whispering my name, telling me I could take it for my own and Evan would never be the wiser. I'm trying to be strong, but stories and photos like yours make it so hard for me to resist temptation.
    Ncb4 Now... You don't want him to get into Switzerland with any ol bag don't you?

Tom Bihn bags are the perfect additions to his stay in this very nicely neutral country.

The Cadet looks perfect for a postdoc gentleman.

We want to find out about -his- reaction to the Aeronaut, included pictures would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by lacyfinn View Post
    Thank you everyone for the kind words, and yes the green chile was wonderful. Tia Sofia's on the plaza in Santa Fe- best lunch on the planet.
    I would vote for Tomasitas by the trains station but it has been ages since I have been back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0