Thread: The ID

The ID

Hey. I have a question about the ID. It's kind of a stupid question, actually, but I'm curious nonetheless.

How do you pronounce ID? Is it "eye-dee" as in I.D.- Industrial Design? Actually, I guess most people would associate that with Identification, but Industrial Design was the first thing that came to mind because of the fantabulous product design. Or is it pronounced "id" as in the id, the ego, and the super-ego? And if it IS pronounced "id," is your smaller version of the SuperEgo going to be called (har har) The Ego? Either way, very amusing and clever =)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    It's pronounced "id", as in super-ego and the ego. And you're right! The smaller version of the Super Ego messenger bag will be called the Ego.

We also have a product called the Freudian Slip.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Ego

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy
    It's pronounced "id", as in super-ego and the ego. And you're right! The smaller version of the Super Ego messenger bag will be called the Ego.
    Any updates on the Ego? Is there an expected release date? I am really interested in seeing this bag. I was so excited about the Super Ego bag, but when I saw a picture in a review of how big the bag was, decided it wasn't for me. How big is the Ego going to be? I'm looking for something that is the size of the ID with the features of the Super Ego. Could the Ego be my perfect bag?

Any info would be appreciated! If a production/release/for sale date on the Ego is too long off I may just have to buy something else. The ID is high on my list - but really, a Super Ego with the dimensions of the ID would be perfect.
    Last edited by kengreen; 09-10-2005 at 10:45 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Hahaha, I'm an idiot. *hides face behind hand* I honestly did not realize the whole id, ego, and super-ego thing until I read this post just now. I have been calling it the "I.D." in my head all this time!

And I wondered why some reviews insisted that you guys named your bags after psychological stuff... I was like, but it's only the Freudian Slip and the Super Ego... hahahaha... doh. *sigh*

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    hehe!

I still find that half of the time I call the ID the id and the other half I call it the I.D. I think it works either way!!!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

My Id is My Ego and my I.D. 2 ;)

See- so easy to sort it all out...in my little head
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    hehe!

I still find that half of the time I call the ID the id and the other half I call it the I.D. I think it works either way!!!

So the "ID" is not an acronym (or pronounced like one), but is pronounced like a single word as in Ed, Edd, and Eddy... (Id, Idd, Iddy)

It's from Freud: the id, the ego, and the superego—the three parts of the mind.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0