Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: How about a Plus-Size Co-Pilot?

How about a Plus-Size Co-Pilot?

Hey, I know this has been suggested before, but I would LOVE to have a little bit larger Co-Pilot...perhaps a Pilot? My perfect bag would be in the same configuration as the Co-Pilot, but just big enough to hold a MacBook Pro 13" and my iPad! Just one or two inches longer and an inch taller and it could fit a bunch of different laptops.
    Lani likes this.
    I have an Aeronaut (Black/Iberian), Brain Bag (Black/Steel) Smart Alec (Black/Black/Steel), 2 Cadets for iPad (Black/Steel) and (Steel/Solar), 2 Co-Pilots (Steel/Solar) and (Black/Steel), Imago (Black/Black/Steel), plus a Vertical Brain Cell, Vertical Freudian Slip, Packing Cubes, Organizer Pouches, 2 RFID Blocking Passport Pouches, iPad Cache, Snake Charmer, Organizer Wallet, and plethora of other accessories! Man,what does it take to get on the FOT list?

A Pilot that would be between a Co-Pilot and a Western Flyer would work for me. I currently have a TriStar and Co-Pilot and will be getting a navy Western Flyer when available. I'd like being able to choose from a 1 night, 2 night, 3 night, etc. bag for the perfect size.
    Lani likes this.

Wow, you have TWO Co-Pilots!!!!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

If one's good, two's better!

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Wow, you have TWO Co-Pilots!!!!
    You could call it, "The Tom Bihn Addictive Personality Disorder"...if one Tom Bihn product is good, then two has to be better! Actually I wanted the black/steel originally, but they were out, so I bought the Steel/solar one instead. I liked the thing so much that I use it as an organizer inside of a Saddleback Leather Satchel that I have. It fits their large satchel perfectly. I then went on to purchase the black/steel one as my primary carry bag! Simply an awesome bag that I wish was just a bit larger to house my MacBook Pro 13"!
    I have an Aeronaut (Black/Iberian), Brain Bag (Black/Steel) Smart Alec (Black/Black/Steel), 2 Cadets for iPad (Black/Steel) and (Steel/Solar), 2 Co-Pilots (Steel/Solar) and (Black/Steel), Imago (Black/Black/Steel), plus a Vertical Brain Cell, Vertical Freudian Slip, Packing Cubes, Organizer Pouches, 2 RFID Blocking Passport Pouches, iPad Cache, Snake Charmer, Organizer Wallet, and plethora of other accessories! Man,what does it take to get on the FOT list?

Quote Originally Posted by ShineAgain View Post
    You could call it, "The Tom Bihn Addictive Personality Disorder"...if one Tom Bihn product is good, then two has to be better!
    Is this what I suffer from?
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP, SC, BB, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, SE2, MCB, RiPad

Talking 12-Step Recovery Program

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Is this what I suffer from?
    Thankfully there is a 12-Step recovery program for Tom Bihn Addictive Bag Syndrome. Here it is: buy 1 bag, then by 2 bags, and 3 bags...until you reach 12 bags! Actually, I keep falling off of the wagon!

Actually, you know you have it bad when you buy them for yourself...and you buy them for gifts...and then you don't give the gift one or try to get it back from the person you gave it to!

And actually isn't the first stage of a 12 step program admitting you have a problem? I don't have a problem. I just keep buying more stuff so I need more bags to put it in!!!

You know, a "Pilot" bag might make a really good gym bag, too. Roomy enough to pack a pair of gym shoes plus a change of clothing. One of the front side pockets can hold toiletries or make-up (using a 3D clear organizer cube), the other can hold your phone, wallet, etc., and you can even carry a water bottle in the center bottle pocket.

OK I'm sold. I want a bigger "Pilot" bag, too! In Dyneema, please.

Now I'm all excited. lol
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by ShineAgain View Post
    Thankfully there is a 12-Step recovery program for Tom Bihn Addictive Bag Syndrome. Here it is: buy 1 bag, then by 2 bags, and 3 bags...until you reach 12 bags! Actually, I keep falling off of the wagon!
    Well, there are folks like us who are "in denial" or trying to control our addictions. What do folks like us do? Buy 1 bag. Then buy some organizer cubes. Then buy a shopping bag. Then buy organizer pouches. Then buy 4 key straps. And a pack of cord zipper pulls.

Although I must say, I once thought i could kill the pang by buying a "few small items" and I wound up buying over $100 of accessories! lol It was very painful to try to cull things out of the shopping cart because it got up to over $200!

SOLD!

I mean - I'll buy a bigger Co-Pilot!
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Although I must say, I once thought i could kill the pang by buying a "few small items" and I wound up buying over $100 of accessories! lol It was very painful to try to cull things out of the shopping cart because it got up to over $200!
    Is there a way to change the "like" button to a "Been there, done that button"?
    Last edited by jeffmac; 08-22-2011 at 12:40 PM. Reason: comma impaired

The Synapse is my favorite gym bag really. It organizes everything really well, is compact, and carries the water bottle!

A slightly larger Co-Pilot that would hold my 13 inch Macbook Air would be awesome!

dzd
    I'm still interested in this future "PILOT" too!! Please don't let it fall by the wayside, TB.

I really like the design of the co-pilot but I need something that can fit a 13" laptop. That would be my ideal bag.... I'm just chiming in with my vote for a plus sized co-pilot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0