Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

View Poll Results: Which new color are you most excited about?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Azalea

20 52.63%
  • Turquoise

23 60.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: New Swift/Cafe Colors: Azalea and Turquoise

AWWW - sorry, did not see Lani's post about the photos on FB. Will check there!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Here's another. More soon!

Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Is it my imagination or is Turquoise one of those colors that is terribly hard to photograph? It seems different each time I see it. It especially looks different next to the Azalea vs. next to Cayenne. Here in this photo it reminds me of a blue that has a wee bit more green than Storm, but is closer to the intensity of Storm. In the swatches stuck to my fridge Turquoise seems to be much more vibrant and intense. Of course Azalea is such a vibrant/intense color, maybe it's an eye trick in the photo where the eye can take in only so much so it "sees" one color differently than it really is. . .

No matter the color, thanks for the photo teasers Darcy. I am so excited about Azalea. A little birdy, Joanne cough, told me a package is coming to bring Azalea tidings and I cannot wait. Your photos are tantalizing me and peeking my imagination to the awesomeness my brown box will contain! I wish I had a thumbs up emoticon. . .
    backpack and ncb4 like this.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Thanks for posting the picture!
    Owner of one Imago in Cocoa/Wasabi and Hemp Swift. And various straps, sacks and pouches.
    Wish List: Azalea Cafe Bag, Azalea Swift, Iberian or Ultraviolet Synapse (maybe both!), Wallet and more pouches.

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Is it my imagination or is Turquoise one of those colors that is terribly hard to photograph? It seems different each time I see it. It especially looks different next to the Azalea vs. next to Cayenne. Here in this photo it reminds me of a blue that has a wee bit more green than Storm, but is closer to the intensity of Storm. In the swatches stuck to my fridge Turquoise seems to be much more vibrant and intense. Of course Azalea is such a vibrant/intense color, maybe it's an eye trick in the photo where the eye can take in only so much so it "sees" one color differently than it really is. . .

No matter the color, thanks for the photo teasers Darcy. I am so excited about Azalea. A little birdy, Joanne cough, told me a package is coming to bring Azalea tidings and I cannot wait. Your photos are tantalizing me and peeking my imagination to the awesomeness my brown box will contain! I wish I had a thumbs up emoticon. . .
    I agree; the Turquoise looks different in nearly every photo of it—and it doesn't look a lot like the swatch I have of it in this particular picture. In the swatch, the turquoise is a deeper, richer color; much more saturated than it appears in the photo of the two MCBs side by side.

dorayme, ncb4:

I do think the Turquoise is somewhat difficult to photograph. It's also going to look different under natural, fluorescent, tungsten, etc. light. Now that I have a swatch in front of me, I've tried correcting the color a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by junebird View Post
    Thanks for posting the picture!
    You're welcome!
    Last edited by Darcy; 09-19-2011 at 06:20 PM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Here's another. More soon!

Darcy -- is that photo showing the small or medium cafe bags?
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

PS: I just couldn't make up my mind!

..... so I voted for both. Tee hee!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Lani: those are the Medium Cafe bags. Next due in the new colors are Large Cafes, then finally Smalls.
    MsMoon likes this.

Will the Ristrettos be made in azalea/sapphire?

If yes, when might they become available? Thanks!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this already...

Was just browsing accessories and it looks like Azalea is already listed in the pull down menu for the 3D organizer cube and Azalea and Turquoise are listed for the Clear organizer wallet!! No shipping dates for the organizer cube but the wallet will be available in mid October.
    Last edited by OnMyWay; 09-29-2011 at 09:23 PM.
    My Tom Bihn stuff: Western Flyer (Black/Steel), Large WF packing cube (Steel), Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (Steel), Absolute shoulder strap, Horizontal Cache, Clear Organizer Wallet (Plum), Small Dyneema pouch (UV), Ballistic Nylon Pen/Pencil Pouch (Steel), FOJ Pouch (Navy), Clear Quarter Packing Cube (UV), Small Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), and the Super Secret Mystery Gift!

I've finally found an exact match for the Turquoise fabric - the Moleskin Volant notebooks! The darker color (Manganese, I believe) perfectly hides my fabric swatch. BARNES & NOBLE | Moleskine Volant Pocket Ruled Notebook, Manganese/Cerulean Blue Set of 2 by Moleskine
    Katy and dorayme like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMoon View Post
    I've finally found an exact match for the Turquoise fabric - the Moleskin Volant notebooks! The darker color (Manganese, I believe) perfectly hides my fabric swatch. BARNES & NOBLE | Moleskine Volant Pocket Ruled Notebook, Manganese/Cerulean Blue Set of 2 by Moleskine
    Comparison picture! I should be way less excited about this....I can hardly keep myself from driving to the store to buy one right now!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Ok, but since my LCB is out for delivery TODAY (!!!!) I think I'll wait and get the official picture!
    Katy likes this.

Yayyyyy!!!!!! I can't wait! Eeeeeeee!!!!!

*cough*
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0