View Poll Results: Which new color are you most excited about?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Azalea

20 52.63%
  • Turquoise

23 60.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: New Swift/Cafe Colors: Azalea and Turquoise

I did it - I ordered my Turquoise/Wasabi Large Cafe Bag!! (And a bunch of accessories that cost more than the LCB) Now I'm hoping that "early October" means October 1.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMoon View Post
    I did it - I ordered my Turquoise/Wasabi Large Cafe Bag!! (And a bunch of accessories that cost more than the LCB) Now I'm hoping that "early October" means October 1.
    You are brave, MsMoon! I am too chicken to put myself through the waiting period. So I will wait for the announcement that they are in stock

Quote Originally Posted by LiLin View Post
    You are brave, MsMoon! I am too chicken to put myself through the waiting period. So I will wait for the announcement that they are in stock
    What scares me is that I know how easy it is to shoot them an e-mail and say "Oh, I want to add one more item to my order"! I'm afraid a month of waiting will add a few more accessories to this order - to save on shipping, of course!!

Quote Originally Posted by MsMoon View Post
    What scares me is that I know how easy it is to shoot them an e-mail and say "Oh, I want to add one more item to my order"! I'm afraid a month of waiting will add a few more accessories to this order - to save on shipping, of course!!
    Yes! I did that once already this summer, and I just did it again this morning! It's dangerous indeed.

Turquoise and Wasabi sounds awesome! I may have to rethink the Azalea one or maybe get, like, both
    ncb4 likes this.
    Owner of one Imago in Cocoa/Wasabi and Hemp Swift. And various straps, sacks and pouches.
    Wish List: Azalea Cafe Bag, Azalea Swift, Iberian or Ultraviolet Synapse (maybe both!), Wallet and more pouches.

Get both!!!

I got my swatches today Katy! Thank you for making sure they made it into the mail to mel And let me just say that Azalea is full of berry goodness, zomg, I cannot wait to order my LS in this color. It is my absolute favorite color of Pink! IMHO it is a nicer complement to Cork than Hemp, and is great with steel and Solar. It is passable with UV and will coordinate with Plum nicely as well, though I believe from what I have read, the old Plum maybe better than the current Plum.
    In other words it will go quite well with the rest of my bag "stash". My expectations have been exceeded. Thank you Tom for picking out Azalea to be one of the new colors in 2011! I needed a pink TB bag and was almost giving up hope when I saw the begging and pleading for pink somewhat going unanswered on the forums earlier in the year.
    oh and Turquoise is nice too, just not one of "my" colors so my gushing is relegated solely to Azalea.
    The Cordura fabric just keeps on surprising me. The depth and sheen achieved is so visually appealing in this fabric. I love how the texture gives it almost a holographic feel and allows subtle variations in the surface color due to light and shadow. Though it's a synthetic, it has so many attributes I would look for in a quality natural fabric, yet it doesn't weather like a natural fabric, or have the propensity to attract stains.
    My fiber love has made me a fan of natural fibers. I love how certain characteristics are engineered right in. I have also noticed the more I work with fibers I have started to develop sensitivities towards certain ones. Nylon has however remained safe, thank goodness!
    Last edited by dorayme; 09-12-2011 at 09:44 PM.
    backpack and Katy like this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    I got my swatches today Katy! Thank you for making sure they made it into the mail to mel And let me just say that Azalea is full of berry goodness, zomg, I cannot wait to order my LS in this color. It is my absolute favorite color of Pink! IMHO it is a nicer complement to Cork than Hemp, and is great with steel and Solar. It is passable with UV and will coordinate with Plum nicely as well, though I believe from what I have read, the old Plum maybe better than the current Plum.
    In other words it will go quite well with the rest of my bag "stash". My expectations have been exceeded. Thank you Tom for picking out Azalea to be one of the new colors in 2011! I needed a pink TB bag and was almost giving up hope when I saw the begging and pleading for pink somewhat going unanswered on the forums earlier in the year.
    oh and Turquoise is nice too, just not one of "my" colors so my gushing is relegated solely to Azalea.
    The Cordura fabric just keeps on surprising me. The depth and sheen achieved is so visually appealing in this fabric. I love how the texture gives it almost a holographic feel and allows subtle variations in the surface color due to light and shadow. Though it's a synthetic, it has so many attributes I would look for in a quality natural fabric, yet it doesn't weather like a natural fabric, or have the propensity to attract stains.
    My fiber love has made me a fan of natural fibers. I love how certain characteristics are engineered right in. I have also noticed the more I work with fibers I have started to develop sensitivities towards certain ones. Nylon has however remained safe, thank goodness!

I'm glad they finally made it! I had a feeling you would fall for the Azalea .
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

I also received my swatches this week - thanks for sending an re-sending, Katy! I love the Azalea in person just as much as I loved it on the monitor. Like dorayme, I don't think the Turquoise is for me, but that's actually a bit of a relief since I was tempted by the pictures. Now to decide what else to include in my Azalea/Sapphire SCB pre-order (or maybe MCB instead - I've been using my MCB much more than my SCB since I got it).

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Medium Cafe bag in Azalea/Sapphire.

Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Medium Cafe bag in Azalea/Sapphire.

Stunning! This just makes me all the more excited about the Large Cafe Bag I've got pre-ordered in Azalea/Sapphire.

So pretty! I'm going to have to break down and get the Medium Cafe bag in the Azalea today Do you happen to have a close up of the Turquoise?
    Owner of one Imago in Cocoa/Wasabi and Hemp Swift. And various straps, sacks and pouches.
    Wish List: Azalea Cafe Bag, Azalea Swift, Iberian or Ultraviolet Synapse (maybe both!), Wallet and more pouches.

Yippee...I just noticed the LS in Azalea/Azalea is now available for pre-order!!
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    Yippee...I just noticed the LS in Azalea/Azalea is now available for pre-order!!
    Whoa nice!

By the way did you guys see the awesome photo they posted on their Facebook page, showing two of the TB ladies wearing Medium Cafe Bags in the two new colors? You've got to see it!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Darcy, how about posting a photo of the Turquoise MCB also? Thanks!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0