View Poll Results: Which new color are you most excited about?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Azalea

20 52.63%
  • Turquoise

23 60.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: New Swift/Cafe Colors: Azalea and Turquoise

I am right there with you, dorayme, lusting after the Azalea LS. When oh when will it show up as a pre-order? Maybe I should play with my TB collection, too, to distract myself. Though you're lucky to have all that available space in your armoire for the Sterelite drawers. Hmmm...I've got an old pumpkin pine wardrobe in the living room; maybe it's time to donate some jackets to Goodwill to "liberate" space for my TB stash.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    sounds like a plan to me ncb4. Wait, you're in NC like me, aren't most if not all of your coats and jackets short anyway? That means the bottom portion of your wardrobe under the jackets is a great place for TB storage.
    If you do it, I want pictures
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    sounds like a plan to me ncb4. Wait, you're in NC like me, aren't most if not all of your coats and jackets short anyway? That means the bottom portion of your wardrobe under the jackets is a great place for TB storage.
    If you do it, I want pictures
    Though a large part of my family is in NC (among them a sister and her crew not far from you, in Huntersville), I'm in Georgia. So if winters get warmer the closer you get to the equator, and coats get shorter, then I should have even more room under them for my TB stuff!
    dorayme likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Though a large part of my family is in NC (among them a sister and her crew not far from you, in Huntersville), I'm in Georgia. So if winters get warmer the closer you get to the equator, and coats get shorter, then I should have even more room under them for my TB stuff!
    what did you decide to do?
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

what did you decide to do?
    I never got any further than spreading out my collection and admiring it. Then I started playing around with test-packing various pieces, so right now my living room could double as a Tom Bihn showcase!
    dorayme likes this.

dzd
    I'm penciling in Small Cafe Bags in Azalea and Turquoise on my Bags list.

And please post pics of the M Cafe Bag in those colors when they are done - I think a lot of us will drool over those pictures.
    ncb4 likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    June just brought in some half-made Medium Cafe bags in Azalea/Sapphire and Turquoise/Cayenne. They look even better than I imagined... I can't wait to share photos of the finished bags with you guys!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

They'll be done soon! We're just waiting on matching thread for topstitching. (Hmm... maybe we should do a blog post about how we match thread for topstitching.)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Yes, a blog post on matching thread for topstitching would be really interest.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

I just got my mail and my swatches were in it: thank you so much, Katy! And now it's going to be even harder to wait for my "wish list" bags. The Azalea is every bit as gorgeous as it looks in the photos, but what surprised me was the Turquoise, which is a richer, more jewel-like color than I had thought from the photos. I never know whether to class turquoise as a blue or a green; it seems to be both in equal measure. The swatch gives me the same reaction. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's another vibrant color with lot of sheen. I've already got an Azalea LCB on pre-order, and was planning to order an Azalea Little Swift when they became available. But now I'm torn; if the LS will be available in Turquoise, I'm not sure which one I'd choose.

Got swatches in the mail, too. I agree, the colors are gorgeous! Wondering when they become available in SCB; of course, I am also waiting for them to become available as LS!
    dzd likes this.

Sigh. Still waiting for my swatches. Maybe tomorrow.
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

me too jaon. You are not alone.

I can mail the swatches I got to anyone who wants them.

me too jaon. You are not alone.
    They should be showing up any day now . The mail got picked up a little late last week, but they're definitely on their way now .
    dorayme likes this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0