View Poll Results: Which new color are you most excited about?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Azalea

20 52.63%
  • Turquoise

23 60.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: New Swift/Cafe Colors: Azalea and Turquoise

Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    That was my point to Sera's post. You can use the Swift other than just a knitting bag
    I have 4 Swifts and 1 Grape/Black Utility Tote (Swift ancestor)

The Plum/ Steel Swift has been used as a library tote, twice yearly mall excursions to stock up on out of season sales, essential carry on along with a SCB and LCB during multi states trips and moves.

The other Swifts and the Utility Tote hold yarn and embroidery floss in Yarn Stuff Sacks, plastic canvas in various shapes, sizes and pattern; stitch books and booklets as well as embroidery needles and scissors. The colors of the yarn/floss match the colors of the Swifts.

Turquoise and dark pink yarn are housed in Sapphire or Pink or Plum bags. Not very efficient. (previous line will be given to my husband when he sees the Tom Bihn box holding Turquoise and Azalea items)
    A fashion show with matching outfits, is usually given and the most recent box is kept open in the living room displaying the new lineup.

Talking excitingly about the myriad of ways to set up all the goodies make every new box delivery a special occasion.
    Last edited by backpack; 08-14-2011 at 10:01 AM.
    ncb4 and TXGirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sera View Post
    I hate to admit, lol, but I'd buy darn near anything in those two colors... the only reason I'm not queued up for Swifts is that I can't knit right now!
    I hope the reason you can't knit isn't an injury or illness.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I have 4 Swifts and 1 Grape/Black Utility Tote (Swift ancestor)

The Plum/ Steel Swift has been used as a library tote, twice yearly mall excursions to stock up on out of season sales, essential carry on along with a SCB and LCB during multi states trips and moves.

The other Swifts and the Utility Tote hold yarn and embroidery floss in Yarn Stuff Sacks, plastic canvas in various shapes and sizes and pattern and stitch books and booklets as well as embroidery needles and scissors. The colors of the yarn match the colors of the Swifts.

Turquoise and dark pink yarn are housed in Sapphire or Pink or Plum bags. Not very efficient. (previous line will be given to my husband when he sees the Tom Bihn box holding Turquoise and Azalea items)
    A fashion show with matching outfits, is usually given and the most recent box is kept open in the living room displaying the new lineup.

Talking excitingly about the myriad of ways to set up all the goodies make every new box delivery a special occasion.
    I'll add to the chorus of voices saying you can't have too many Swifts or Little Swifts, because they aren't just for knitting. In fact, even though I am a knitter, there is rarely yarn in any of my Swift family. The yarn and knitting paraphernalia are always getting shunted aside because I can't resist using my Swifts for daily go-to bags. A Little Swift functions as my purse, which is why I like having them in different colors for different seasons. My Indigo/Indigo 1st-generation Swift is a fantastic bag for a longer day trip. It has swallowed up all my normal purse stuff, along with a DSLR camera and a laptop with accessories, plus notebooks, pens, books, etc. The Puron handles is as magical as the Absolute Strap, I swear: it makes even a heavy load comfortable to carry.

I've got a Cardinal Little Swift due to arrive on Monday (hurray! the long wait is over), and I'm already saving up for the Azalea to join the Kiwi and the Ultrasuede Cacao that I already have.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I don't knit either, and I carry a Swift or Little Swift everyday.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Agreed, my Little Swift has yet to be used for knitting (So far if I take my knitting anywhere, it's to a park and I just grab my Stuff Sack and put it in the seat next to me). It's the perfect size for an every day bag .
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

I use them for knitting, and not
    I am multicraftual and often I have my knitting or crochet with me, but when I don't I find the Swift and LS just as useful.
    ncb4 and thisisme like this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

My mom got my sister a Swift, since she carries a lot of stuff around, and likes purse-style bags. We knew it was a knitting bag; my sister doesn't. It's her go-to daily bag anyway.

I keep going back and forth if I should purchase an Imago. I really like the Navy/Cork/Wasabi combination.

Now, that Azalea has been introduced I'm really interested in getting a Little Swift. I'm thinking since I already have an Ego I should wait on getting another messenger bag & get the Little Swift. It's a tough decision
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    I use them for knitting, and not
    I am multicraftual and often I have my knitting or crochet with me, but when I don't I find the Swift and LS just as useful.
    Multicraftual: I love it!

Me, too: I knit, crochet, and quilt.
    dorayme likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TXGirl View Post
    I keep going back and forth if I should purchase an Imago. I really like the Navy/Cork/Wasabi combination.

Now, that Azalea has been introduced I'm really interested in getting a Little Swift. I'm thinking since I already have an Ego I should wait on getting another messenger bag & get the Little Swift. It's a tough decision
    TXGirl, Imago combination fluctuate a lot, it seems that every batch has a new trio of exiting colors.

I let the Imago in my dream color pass me by, the Navy/Storm/Sapphire from 2008-06-13 17:24.

Below is a link to a picture of the beauty!

Get the Imago now and add the Little Swift on your holiday list, your birthday and any other occasions count as well.

TOM BIHN Blog - Imago in Navy/Storm/Sapphire

Ultimately, the Large Cafe Bag has the ideal north/south configuration for me. No pain anywhere.

I did get a Small Cafe Bag in Storm/Sapphire so I do own my dream color duo.

And another favorite bag.
    Last edited by backpack; 08-15-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Thanks backpack for the suggestion. The Imago in Navy/Storm/Sapphire is a beauty & love the combination of the different blues!
    Although you didn't get the Imago I'm glad you were able to get the LCB in those colors.
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    I hope the reason you can't knit isn't an injury or illness.
    Sadly, I have problems with the ulnar nerves in my arms. I used to teach in a knitting store, but eventually I quit teaching because of the pain. The good news is that I'm improving, and the neurologist report was very positive. I may look at the Swifts for every day stuff. They're certainly beautiful bags!

Quote Originally Posted by Sera View Post
    Sadly, I have problems with the ulnar nerves in my arms. I used to teach in a knitting store, but eventually I quit teaching because of the pain. The good news is that I'm improving, and the neurologist report was very positive. I may look at the Swifts for every day stuff. They're certainly beautiful bags!
    I'm sorry to hear about that, Sera: but so glad to hear that the latest neurologist report is that you are improving!

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about that, Sera: but so glad to hear that the latest neurologist report is that you are improving!
    I second that Sera, sorry about the pain and huge relief about the improvement!

Depending on what you are carrying, Little Swifts, Small Cafe Bags and Synpases are great everyday bags. Very lightweight.

I know it hasn't been a week yet since the colors were introduced, but I am anxious for the LS. Patience isn't one of my strong suits.

So today to occupy my waiting time and distract me, I chose to round up my not in use TB and organize it into some Sterelite storage drawers. I already had them on hand. They were in the attic from when I retired them from yarn storage. I carefully wiped them down to remove any dust. . . no dust on my TB bags! They fit into an Armiore in my bedroom so I don't have to look at the plastic (bleh). Bottom drawer for accessories/ Middle drawer for "bags"/ top drawer for luggage and packing cubes.

Now I can sigh knowing that my bags are easy to find and ready to use whenever I need them. I have room in my drawers still so I guess I need more bags. . .

Back to lusting after an Azalea, LS. That distraction surely didn't last very long.
    ncb4 and TXGirl like this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0