Like Tree14Likes
  • 4 Post By misterN
  • 2 Post By backpack
  • 3 Post By ncb4
  • 4 Post By MsMoon
  • 1 Post By misterN

Thread: I love you Tom Bihn et. al

I love you Tom Bihn et. al

I just wanted to let you know--I love your products so much that I feel a huge desire to promote wherever I can. My current place of lurking has been the Macbook Air forums at Macrumors.com.

Lots of new nerds like me getting new comps

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Many of us love Macs too.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Thanks, misterN -- we appreciate it. We're readers of the Macrumors forums too.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by misterN View Post
    I just wanted to let you know--I love your products so much that I feel a huge desire to promote wherever I can. My current place of lurking has been the Macbook Air forums at Macrumors.com.

Lots of new nerds like me getting new comps
    So you're both a TB and a Mac evangelist. I think there are a lot of us "double agents" in the forum, as both backpack and Darcy said. Count me in as a fellow Macophile as well. I think my 11-inch Macbook Air (named Cratchit, since I got it at Christmastime) is perhaps the perfect Mac of all time: and believe me, I've tried them all! I currently also have a Macbook Pro-15 named Hitchcock (favorite movie director), and iPad called Snicket (Lemony Snicket is my hero), and an iPod Touch called Wayfarer. Now I have betrayed just how much of a nerd I amóbut doesn't everyone name their Macs? When I start naming my TB bags, I'll know I'm in trouble.

Ok, just to chime in I am NOT a Mac Addict (mainly for political reasons) but I still love all things Tom Bihn. Their bags are the greatest no matter what kind of hardware you need to carry. I have found that most of the iDevice specific bags and pouches work just as well for other equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
    Ok, just to chime in I am NOT a Mac Addict (mainly for political reasons) but I still love all things Tom Bihn. Their bags are the greatest no matter what kind of hardware you need to carry. I have found that most of the iDevice specific bags and pouches work just as well for other equipment.
    I always wondered about the Ristretto/Macbook Air bags, and how useful they might be for other laptops and equipment. It's good to know that they can be used for a lot of different hardware.

Your post has caused me to want to join more forums to spread the word about TB :-)
    My little set of TB stuff:
    Western Flyer (steel/ultraviolet)
    Small Pouch (cork)
    Large Shop Bag (solar)
    packing cubes

MrMoon has a trip planned in a few weeks, and I'm loading him up with my Aeronaut and as many accessories as I can sneak in his bag! He will convert, I just know it!

Quote Originally Posted by MsMoon View Post
    MrMoon has a trip planned in a few weeks, and I'm loading him up with my Aeronaut and as many accessories as I can sneak in his bag! He will convert, I just know it!
    Well... My husband was converted to Tom Bihn travel bags, when we took our first trip after I bought my second Brain Bag, the older Steel one has been labeled his travel bag ever since.

Ever since the introduction of UV lining on Steel, Tom Bihn travel bags, his bag list has grown.

Count me in as an Apple/Mac and TB fan. I have an Apple 15.4" MacBook Pro Unibody, an iPhone 4, and an iPad 2 in working use these days. My Dad converted me from Windows to Mac a few years back, although I still have to use windows at work.
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

I'm thinking of making the leap after being a PC/IBM-clone user for about 30-some years. I love all my iToys, so I'm suspecting I will love a MBP or Air just as much.
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
    I'm thinking of making the leap after being a PC/IBM-clone user for about 30-some years. I love all my iToys, so I'm suspecting I will love a MBP or Air just as much.
    I really like my new Macbook Air. I get the ultra portability that I like without a real sacrifice to any performance. I still have a windows pc--it's basically my storage solution and gaming center (although I find myself doing less and less of that these days; i'd rather wake up at the crack of dawn to practice my photography versus playing whatever game until late at night---i must be growing up>.<), however--I find I'd rather be using my Macbook for everything else.

While I don't travel a lot, I do generally carry quite a bit and saving a few pounds is quite nice. You wouldn't think that it would make a difference, but lugging around my camera equipment in my Super Ego, and being able to slip my computer in is kind of nice. (My early morning photo routine ends up with me checking out my photos at my favorite restaurant while eating breakfast--I know, tuff life.)

I find that the so-called "Apple Tax" seems a lot less on the Macbook Air line compared to the Macbook Pro line--but that's just me.
    Jenne likes this.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0