Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: What's next on your Tom Bihn list?

Cool What's next on your Tom Bihn list?

I'm not entirely certain if I'm repeating from a previous thread, but I didn't see anything like it. The idea came from the 2011 Wish List. The first time I saw that thread I thought it would be what people were wishing for next. Obviously I was wrong, as it is an idea thread for new Tom Bihn bags. Anyways....

My next piece* from Tom Bihn is going to be a luggage piece. More than likely an Aeronaut--either Navy, Forest, or Crimson. I wouldn't mind a Tri-Star--however I feel like I would need to get the packing cubes with it, which would increase the price past the point of me comfortably spending. Also, the Tri-Star lends itself for One Bag travel--but I don't think I could ever not be a 1+1 traveller.

*Provided there isn't some sort of neat, limited time thing like the FoJ pouch.

What's on your list?

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

I am eyeing the Tristar Packing cube backpack in Iberian, the Synapse (likely in Indigo) and I am sorely tempted by the Cafe Bags. I don't need a cafe bag but everyone raves about them so!

@misterN re: you can't do 1-bag travel. You could do a bag within bag setup :-)

As for what I want, can i go with a blanket "everything" and this is before I've even touched my Tom bihn stuff!

There are many items I'd really love, though, but cannot justify: the aeronaut in navy or steel, the synapse in black or steel, the smart alec in black/steel (how about a steel/steel version? ;-)) And a little swift in hemp. Maybe I should be gifting them, since I can't justify them for myself :-)
    My little set of TB stuff:
    Western Flyer (steel/ultraviolet)
    Small Pouch (cork)
    Large Shop Bag (solar)
    packing cubes

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac View Post
    I am eyeing the Tristar Packing cube backpack in Iberian, the Synapse (likely in Indigo) and I am sorely tempted by the Cafe Bags. I don't need a cafe bag but everyone raves about them so!
    Don't wait too long to order that Indigo Synapse, as they aren't making any more of those. I'd hate for you to miss out on it, because it's a gorgeous color. And I didn't think I needed a Cafe bag either, but I got a MCB in Crimson/Steel this summer in order to get the free FoJ organizer pouch: and I fell in love with the simple vertical style of the Cafe bag.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisme View Post
    @misterN re: you can't do 1-bag travel. You could do a bag within bag setup :-)

As for what I want, can i go with a blanket "everything" and this is before I've even touched my Tom bihn stuff!

There are many items I'd really love, though, but cannot justify: the aeronaut in navy or steel, the synapse in black or steel, the smart alec in black/steel (how about a steel/steel version? ;-)) And a little swift in hemp. Maybe I should be gifting them, since I can't justify them for myself :-)
    Oh, you've got it bad: if you're already saying you want everything and you haven't even gotten that first wonderful box filled with all your new TB goodies.

I couldn't justify the Aeronaut for myself either, though I'd love one in Navy/Iberian. So I did just what you suggested: I ordered one as a Christmas gift for my son, in his favorite color of Forest/Steel.

When I was little, I used to take the Sears Toy Catalogue to bed with me in the countdown to Christmas; now I haunt the TB forum and website instead. I keep changing my mind about what my next TB purchase will be. Because I have an Indigo fixation and it's not being made anymore, part of me thinks I should get an Indigo Co-Pilot while they're still available.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    When I was little, I used to take the Sears Toy Catalogue to bed with me in the countdown to Christmas; now I haunt the TB forum and website instead. I keep changing my mind about what my next TB purchase will be. Because I have an Indigo fixation and it's not being made anymore, part of me thinks I should get an Indigo Co-Pilot while they're still available.
    *sigh* They're gone now .
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    *sigh* They're gone now .
    What?! Oh no: see what happens, jeffmac, if you wait too long! What about Indigo Kits, or are they gone as well?

What?! Oh no: see what happens, jeffmac, if you wait too long! What about Indigo Kits, or are they gone as well?
    Also gone. Sorry!

Clearly I'm going to have to find a new favorite color.

Clearly I'm going to have to find a new favorite color.
    What about Navy ?

Also gone. Sorry!
    You're a heartbreaker x.x
    ncb4 likes this.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Quote Originally Posted by misterN View Post
    You're a heartbreaker x.x
    I feel terrible!

What about Navy ?
    Or maybe Cardinal (going in the opposite direction on the color wheel).
    Last edited by ncb4; 08-08-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Or maybe Crimson (going in the opposite direction on the color wheel).
    They're all beautiful!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0