Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: What's next on your Tom Bihn list?

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Don't wait too long to order that Indigo Synapse, as they aren't making any more of those. I'd hate for you to miss out on it, because it's a gorgeous color. And I didn't think I needed a Cafe bag either, but I got a MCB in Crimson/Steel this summer in order to get the free FoJ organizer pouch: and I fell in love with the simple vertical style of the Cafe bag.
    Oh, NCB4 you are such an enabler! I need a bit more justification to push myself over the edge. I thought about getting one to do a review for the website, but the Synapse has been covered so capably already by so many before me.

Maybe I need to figure out which bags have not been reviewed as extensively so that my resistance is lower!
    Last edited by jeffmac; 08-08-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: syntax
    backpack and ncb4 like this.

What's next?

I'm about to order a Ristretto for iPad, just settling on a colour.

Along with that will come a few more pouches. A couple of mediums and a couple of small clear.

A few coloured key straps too and maybe ultra suede cloths. Maybe a couple of padded pouches for the backup hard drives I store at work.

There are also a couple of other things I want to order but don't yet know what I'd use them for: 3D org cube, kit, clear quarter packing cube.

jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by gonty View Post
    What's next?

I'm about to order a Ristretto for iPad, just settling on a colour.
    As a person who has owned one--go for it. That bag is really amazing. I sort of feel bad that I'm going to be selling mine soon. (No point in having the 13" and iPad version.)

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Quote Originally Posted by misterN View Post
    As a person who has owned one--go for it. That bag is really amazing. I sort of feel bad that I'm going to be selling mine soon. (No point in having the 13" and iPad version.)
    What don't you gift it to somebody you care about along with an e-reader or an early generation iPad for a birthday or the holidays?

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    What don't you gift it to somebody you care about along with an e-reader or an early generation iPad for a birthday or the holidays?
    Perhaps. As of right now, I'm really broke--however the school year is starting up soon which means a steady income again.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Next on my list is probably an Imago, or possibly a travel bag. This of course depends on whether or not something shows up that I just have to have. There have been mentions of a new color Swift over on Ravelry.
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Oh, you've got it bad: if you're already saying you want everything and you haven't even gotten that first wonderful box filled with all your new TB goodies.

I couldn't justify the Aeronaut for myself either, though I'd love one in Navy/Iberian. So I did just what you suggested: I ordered one as a Christmas gift for my son, in his favorite color of Forest/Steel.
    I know, I'm terrible! I think it's TB Anticipation Syndrome that's causing my desire for everything. Maybe I'll get over it when I receive my box today! Or maybe I'll start gifting things anyway. I keep thinking about my brothers when I look at the synapse ;-)
    My little set of TB stuff:
    Western Flyer (steel/ultraviolet)
    Small Pouch (cork)
    Large Shop Bag (solar)
    packing cubes

Quote Originally Posted by thisisme View Post
    I know, I'm terrible! I think it's TB Anticipation Syndrome that's causing my desire for everything. Maybe I'll get over it when I receive my box today! Or maybe I'll start gifting things anyway. I keep thinking about my brothers when I look at the synapse ;-)
    For sure!

Please see the tag at the end of many posters listing their Tom Bihn's goodies acquisitions.

I'm not sure of which bag. I'm leaning towards a 3rd LS, but the MCB is intriguing. . . I think I will just get more use from a LS because I love them so and for the type of bag I carry, it's ultra useful. . .

But I am 100%+ sure it will be Azalea, and there will be pouches to match.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

So, I thought I was done buying bags for a while after purchasing the Steel Breve and Linen/Steel SCB. I really love these bags and often use them together, instead of the Ristretto for iPad, e.g., when I want to carry just the iPad around at work.

But then Cardinal comes out, along with the lovely photos of the Cardinal/Hemp Imago (thanks Darcy). What a stunning color combination! But, I tell myself, I don't need a second Imago.

Well, that resolve didn't last long. I'm getting a new laptop at work, smaller than my current one. The thought of carrying it around in my huge, heavy Timbuktu made me think I need the Cardinal/Hemp Imago. Thanks to Katy for pointing out the size 5 Cache as a good fit for the new laptop (note to Tom Bihn staff--the dimensions for the size 5 Cache aren't listed on the Cache page, which would have made it easier for me to see that the Cache would work).

So, while on a business trip this week, I ordered Imago, Cache, a couple of pouches, and the new blue Cordura key straps. I got the order around 11:50 a.m. and got the UPS tracking number later that day! Bags should arrive about the time I get the lap top!
    Last edited by wennefer; 08-13-2011 at 09:30 AM.
    ncb4 likes this.
    Owner of Crimson/Steel Western Flyer, Forest/Steel Zephyr, Olive/Cayenne Ristretto for iPad, Olive/Cork/Steel and Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Linen/Steel and Conifer/Steel SCB, Steel Breve, Plum/Black Swift, Steel FJN, Horizontal Freudian Slip, black Brain Cell, Iberian Packing Cube Backpack, Ultraviolet Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, and various organizer pouches, caches, and other odds and ends.

Quote Originally Posted by wennefer View Post
    So, I thought I was done buying bags for a while after purchasing the Steel Breve and Linen/Steel SCB. I really love these bags and often use them together, instead of the Ristretto for iPad, e.g., when I want to carry just the iPad around at work.

But then Cardinal comes out, along with the lovely photos of the Cardinal/Hemp Imago (thanks Darcy). What a stunning color combination! But, I tell myself, I don't need a second Imago.

Well, that resolve didn't last long. I'm getting a new laptop at work, smaller than my current one. The thought of carrying it around in my huge, heavy Timbuktu made me think I need the Cardinal/Hemp Imago. Thanks to Katy for pointing out the size 5 Cache as a good fit for the new laptop (note to Tom Bihn staff--the dimensions for the size 5 Cache aren't listed on the Cache page, which would have made it easier for me to see that the Cache would work).

So, while on a business trip this week, I ordered Imago, Cache, a couple of pouches, and the new blue Cordura key straps. I got the order around 11:50 a.m. and got the UPS tracking number later that day! Bags should arrive about the time I get the lap top!
    Sounds like a happy coincidence that just when you "needed" a justification to get that second Imago in the gorgeous Cardinal/Hemp, you'd be in line to get a new laptop at work.

patiently hoping for a Western Flyer in one of the new colors .....

(I love the Navy) May break down and go for an ID in Navy and just stick with my BrainBag.
    I've been traveling short trips with my BB. It's been great! I always worry with the TriStar or Aeronaut on the CRJs but they have always fit. This week I got stuck with no overhead space and had to put my BrainBag and Imago under the seat. Of course it worked nicely. Even though the Brain Bag is slightly larger than the TriStar, I can snug it up with the staps and it always looks smaller and fits where I need it to go. Plus I never have to convince the alrline folks that it will indeed fit and I don't need a tag...... but I've been wanting a WF for so long!

My next item I plan on purchasing will be a LS in Azalea!
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

An ID, I think. I'm still desperately awaiting the arrival of my Field Journal (got stuck because I wasn't home to pay the customs on it), and I don't have a TB bag at all yet. Sadly, I have to wait until a) I have money and b) I've been at this new job long enough that I know what I'm really going to carry back and forth with me every day. I'm getting really sick of finding bits of the waterproof coating from the inside of my (non-TB) backpack stuck to every item I put in it.

Definitely an Aeronaut. Ended up using the large wheeled monstrosity on our last trip and, as I told Katy the other day, I gave it dirty looks the whole time and told it, "You're not an Aeronaut!"
    Just and dorayme like this.
    --------
    Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Co-Pilot, Super Ego, Ego, Imago, Swifts (both sizes), Citizen Canines, Shop Bags (both sizes), Cache (iPad mini), Side Effects, Snake Charmer, Organizer Cubes, Kit, Lights, Packing Cubes, Stuff Sacks, Organizer Pouches, Travel Trays.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0