Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By Moose
  • 4 Post By Lani
  • 2 Post By moriond

Thread: Have you ever been stalked because of your bags?

Have you ever been stalked because of your bags?

Every day I carry my ultraviolet Synapse and sometimes a small ultraviolet Shop Bag. I realized yesterday one of my coworkers has been stalking me because of my bags. Finally she stopped me on my way out last night. She wanted to know where I got my bags and who made them. She'd been watching me for days because she loved the color. It seems she noticed I had a matching pair of bags and just finally had to ask. Of course I took the opportunity to show her the bags and pointed out all the wonderful details. I also gave her the website to visit. We may have another TB fan joining the ranks.
    Take care,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Wow, your co-worker is so shy; I would've asked right away! I've been known to stop strangers on the street or rewind the TV to catch a better glimpse of bags and purses.

My husband and I were at JFK on our way to Turkey last year, and were eating at the food court when I happened to spy a fellow diner a few tables over with... a steel gray Tri-Star! OMG!!!! An on-the-scene Tom Bihn bag sighting! I got so excited I actually interrupted my husband (who was happily reading his Kindle) and said, "Hey look! He's carrying a Tri-Star like yours honey!!!!"

He peered over, nodded, and said, "Ahh. Hey, that's a really nice color. I like it better than mine." (his at the time was that cobalt blue).

"You like the grey one better than the blue one I got you?" I gave him a slightly quizzical/puzzled/kinda-frowny look.

"Well yeah... it's not black, but I'd feel more comfortable with a gray bag for my business trips," he replied.

"Oooooooh, OK."

That was the end of our conversation at the time. He went back to his Kindle, and I went back to spying on the guy ("How is it packed? It doesn't look too stuffed. I wonder if he uses packing cubes? on and on).

However come December 25, guess what Santa brought my husband? A grey Tri-Star!

...and I got the cobalt one. Weeeeee!!!!!

End of story. [Hey, there was some "stalking" in there! I kept trying to spy without looking conspicuous!"]
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

dzd
    I don't think I've been stalked, but I too have stalked others to get better ogles at their bags and sometimes ask for some info, especially when a bag looks European or Japanese/Asian - a brand not normally sold in North America.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    I got so excited I actually interrupted my husband (who was happily reading his Kindle) and said, "Hey look! He's carrying a Tri-Star like yours honey!!!!"

He peered over, nodded, and said, "Ahh. Hey, that's a really nice color. I like it better than mine." (his at the time was that cobalt blue).

"You like the grey one better than the blue one I got you?" I gave him a slightly quizzical/puzzled/kinda-frowny look.

"Well yeah... it's not black, but I'd feel more comfortable with a gray bag for my business trips," he replied.

"Oooooooh, OK."

That was the end of our conversation at the time. He went back to his Kindle, and I went back to spying on the guy ("How is it packed? It doesn't look too stuffed. I wonder if he uses packing cubes? on and on).

However come December 25, guess what Santa brought my husband? A grey Tri-Star!

...and I got the cobalt one. Weeeeee!!!!!
    @Lani My Indigo Tri-Star says that it "Deeply represents your husband's insensitive remarks" about its color and wants everyone to know it is glad that its fellow Tri-Star has found a more deserving and appreciative owner.

moriond
    Just and Lani like this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0