Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Block Party

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas

Cool Block Party

Awww man, I wish I could be there, that sounds like a lot of fun, and even though I've seen the factory and talked to Tom and met some of the other employees and know what is done there, I would love to do it all over again! Have fun peoples, and if you make it to the party, do show and tell!
    Katy likes this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Awww man, I wish I could be there, that sounds like a lot of fun, and even though I've seen the factory and talked to Tom and met some of the other employees and know what is done there, I would love to do it all over again! Have fun peoples, and if you make it to the party, do show and tell!
    We're so excited!
    tCook likes this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Take lots of pictures and post 'em!

Katy, will you make a Spotify playlist for the block party so that we can party along from our own blocks? :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Take lots of pictures and post 'em!

Katy, will you make a Spotify playlist for the block party so that we can party along from our own blocks? :-)
    That would be cool! I don't know what I would put on the playlist. Do you have any ideas?

So I was telling my husband last week, "I wish my Disneyland Annual Pass would open up a magical portal that would let me just walk right into the park so I don't have to deal with driving 350 miles to get there."

Well, I can say the same thing about getting to Seattle! Wish I could be there! Just the thought of being able to look, touch, and feel the products in person has me drooling!
    Janine likes this.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

I plan to be there and will report back afterward!

Well... I won't be there next week but I was there last.

It was a lovely sunny day, upon entering, the first person I saw was Brian looking really nice in his east coast outfit, we warmly shook hands and said hello.

I immediately plopped my Brain Bag/Large Cafe Bag traveling combo in one of the tables.

I turn around and, here is Tom, I gave him a handshake and a hug and said :" I am soo happy to met you!!!!" then almost immediately Darcy came, I also gave her a hug and added: "You are so beautiful!" to which Tom said: " I wasn't told I am beautiful to which Darcy said "handsome" and of course I acquiesced .

I felt like I could fly, the way I do when I am very emotional and had a smile from ear to ear, literally.

I saw Kathy and was about to walk over to her, when somebody walked in the door and it was meeting time so Tom Darcy and Kathy when to the office area.

I turned around and it finally occurred to me that I was in Tom Bihn Inc Showroom! Whoaaa! No special effects! I was there and so was Brian, very calm and smiley.

I hunted down anything in UV that didn't make it to my last UV order. The Small Stuff Sack is so unbelievably cute, it could reallly make a really nice dog treat carrier, a mini purse...
    I think it's most useful role could be mini ball of yarn holder. On that trip, I brought with me a Yarn Stuff Sack with a regular size yarn skein which is too much yarn for a small trip, the Small Stuff Sack would be great to hold mini yarn.

More to come tomorrow...

Time for some sleep.

Oh my google, you touched Tom! I think that makes you famous by proxy. :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    That would be cool! I don't know what I would put on the playlist. Do you have any ideas?
    Depends on the type of party it will be. When you rock out Tom Bihn style, would that be more hard core or mellow? :-)

Depends on the type of party it will be. When you rock out Tom Bihn style, would that be more hard core or mellow? :-)
    Mellow most likely. It depends on the music! I'll just play a lot of Edith Piaf If the party was just for me, it would be full of Madonna songs!
    Last edited by Katy; 07-27-2011 at 07:49 AM.
    Janine likes this.

Ok, guys, this is getting ridiculous. First you schedule the Saturday opening for the one weekend in four months that I went to Canada, and now the block party is on the first day of Sock Summit?

We really need to work on our timing.
    Janine likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    This is just the block party! We'll have a grand opening party just for us sometime this year. Or next, depending on other cool things in the works....

The entire crew here is staying late so they can attend the party.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    I wish we all could be there, one of my "regrets" about my store/factory visit was that I was the only fan/forum member there to enjoy it. It would have been so much sweeter to have about 20 other forum members, that I've gotten to know virtually through their posts, there enjoying it with me
    Just likes this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Email me some song playlist ideas!

katy@tombihn.com

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Well... I won't be there next week but I was there last.

It was a lovely sunny day, upon entering, the first person I saw was Brian looking really nice in his east coast outfit, we warmly shook hands and said hello.

I immediately plopped my Brain Bag/Large Cafe Bag traveling combo in one of the tables.
    It was so wonderful to finally meet you, backpack! Thanks for coming to visit us.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0