Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Block Party

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Email me some song playlist ideas!
    Check your inbox! :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It was so wonderful to finally meet you, backpack! Thanks for coming to visit us.

I was extremely delighted to meet everybody! So much so that when I just told my husband about tomorrow's block party, he asked me if I wanted to be driven to the airport to join the fun!

And, he hasn't been told half of what I just said in the forum due to be KO'd by the vicious cold which made its way to my lungs. It's getting better.

So, Back to the story. I tuned around, saw Brian smiley face and just realized. "I am at the store, I can play with allll the Tom Bihn Bags and Accessories!!!!!! Yipeee!

I held the Tristar and Western Flyer each in one hand and that is one cool combo! Empty, they weighted nothing

Definitely great luggage and briefcase style pieces, just as beautiful and well balanced as I imagined them to be.
    For a 5'7" person whose width matches the Brain Bag's almost exactly, the Western Flyer is small and big enough for a sharp presentation and a day trip. The bigger Tristar is perfect for change of clothes, laptop, presentation items. Those two would look so perfect on a train trip!

Next, I played with the Co-Pilot, truly the cutest and most unusual bag, I have ever seen.
    It matches the dimensions of Large Cafe Bag almost perfectly and it really calls for day outings in the city hunting for bookstores and libraries or taking a city walking tour, the city parks for lunch al fresco with the Field Journal Notebook, a bird, tree or flower field guide, a camera/camcorder and a sweater/windbreaker or both. The weight difference between an all Dyneema and a Dyneema/1050 denier Ballistic nylon is impossible to detect.

More to come, time for snooze, had been catching up on laundry all day.
    Last edited by backpack; 07-28-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    Janine likes this.

I don't want to highjack the thread so I am going to post really fast about the highlights.

I met with June and we made small talk, then she was on her way.

Tom guessed the weight of my Brain Bag at 30 pounds and my Large Cafe Bag at 10.
    While he was holding the Brain Bag, I discovered that one of the Waist Strap buckle was missing, Tom replaced it and set the Waist Strap, close to the bag so that it is out of the way but readily accessible.

He also threaded the Waist Strap of my Large Cafe Bag into the old style buckle and placed the strap the same way. Genius! I tell you.

I had a great tour of the factory by Tom himself, everybody was very focused and busy. It is all I could do not to touch or otherwise make a fuss over the rolls of UV Dyneema.
    From the little part shelves to the finish products area, I just smiled from ear to ear and was very careful about not bumping into anything.

I was finally able to met with Kathy, I thanked her for the great "things to do and eat in Seattle" list she emailed as well as pointers on the Orca card.

I was able to see Kathy's Spotify especially the entire discography of Edith Piaf, which my brain wanted to sing along with but I had jet lag throat (I knew that any sound that would come out would be horrible).

We chatted a lot while looking at the beautiful Mac laptop which I believe, just had been given Lion OS. I definitely want a Mac Air, now! Thanks Kathy for bringing back the Mac groove in my life!

I think I saw the time on Kathy gorgeous Mac because in the back of my mind something said "You better buy what you want to get today" so a Royal Purple 16 oz Lifefactory bottle; 2, 16 inches Sapphire Keystraps and an Absolute Strap.

The doggies came to say helllo, we hung out more, SailorWA from the forum was there. Eliam emerged from the stock room with an enormous cart full of orders and right on cue the UPS person appeared on the other side of the door.

We all had a great laugh at Tom's expense when he tried to manoever the empty cart into the stock room, somebody asked for his licence to drive carts while in a factory setting.

I had a marvelous, zen day, everybody at Tom Bihn's is lovely, it really felt like a really one of kind, nice, warm and welcoming place to be.

I only wish my husband had been there.

I strongly recommend a visit if you ever are in the neighborhood (B.C, Seattle greater metropolitan area and Portland)
    moriond, Just and Lani like this.

Quick review of the Block Party! I'm home and have washed all the lime juice and taco goodness off my hands. There were two *yes TWO* taco trucks at other businesses participating in the block party, and I had one fusion taco with coconut chicken and one taco with chicken mole. YUM. The nuts at the Tom Bihn store were addicting! And the peanuts were good, too! (yeah, I had to make one corny nut joke.) I also enjoyed a Mexican Coke which was definitely worth it.

My sister-in-law asked for "any size any color surprise me!" knitting stuff sack, and Brian helped me pick one out (I got a red one with a clear bottom, she already has one in ultraviolet). There were a lot of people in and out of the store, and I saw two Breves purchased. A couple of us appeared to be (somewhat) regulars and there were many who had never been in. Thanks to Brian, Darcy, Eliam, Ichiro, Katy, Riley, and Tom (in alphabetical order) for the hospitality and a bonus store opening!

@tCook, jealoous +1,000,000. Sounds like it was a blast and worth of TB's goodness.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Yeah! Sounds like the block party was a great success! :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Sounds like it was a blast! I'm jealous...Food, beer, & Tom Bihn what else could a woman ask for..haha
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We'll have a grand opening party
    [Insert visual of the Little Mermaid's crab Sebastian's mouth dropping to de floor when he see Eric kiss de girrl (Ariel)... gunnnnnnhhhh!]

Grand. Opening. Party. Must. Attend...... !!!
    Katy and Janine like this.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    [Insert visual of the Little Mermaid's crab Sebastian's mouth dropping to de floor when he see Eric kiss de girrl (Ariel)... gunnnnnnhhhh!]

Grand. Opening. Party. Must. Attend...... !!!
    Great visual! Sebastian was one of my favorite characters! Also, we hope you can make it to the official Grand Opening Party!! We will make sure to announce it early enough that everyone can book their flights .
    Janine likes this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    Great visual! Sebastian was one of my favorite characters! Also, we hope you can make it to the official Grand Opening Party!! We will make sure to announce it early enough that everyone can book their flights .
    Katy just read my mind!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Katy just read my mind!
    Oh good! Those mind reading classes are paying off!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0